OFFICIAL 2012 NFL week 14 thread

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Patriots fans should enjoy Wes Welker the rest of this season.
He's a goner when its over.

http://bostonherald.com/sports/columnists/view.bg?articleid=1061180515&position=0

The Patriots franchised him this season and he’s making $9.5 million. If they franchise him again next year, his number climbs to more than $11.4 million. Too much, according to some veteran Pats observers. They’ll never pay a little slot receiver that kind of dough. They’ll let him walk, and hand the job to Julian Edelman or sign free-agent-to-be Danny Amendola. It’s what they do. They move on. Train keeps rolling.

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
Drew Brees is worrying me, he has not been looking good over the past 3 games

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
i think the saints are going to regret giving him all that money when it is all said and done.

Kind of depends on how he looks next season, you could just chalk this season up to all the off season shenanigans that went on with the Saints so next season will be interesting.

Nov 3, 2004
i am wondering how much more he has left though.

Brees is still having a good season, and this is all without Payton. Take Belichick away from Brady and I'd venture to guess Brady would struggle mightily.

This is the NFL, just cut Brees down the road if he really is done.

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
What a depressing game to watch as a Saints fan, they have clearly given up after watching yet another Wilson TD run. Wish I would have just kept the tv off.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Patriots fans should enjoy Wes Welker the rest of this season.
He's a goner when its over.

http://bostonherald.com/sports/columnists/view.bg?articleid=1061180515&position=0

The Patriots franchised him this season and he’s making $9.5 million. If they franchise him again next year, his number climbs to more than $11.4 million. Too much, according to some veteran Pats observers. They’ll never pay a little slot receiver that kind of dough. They’ll let him walk, and hand the job to Julian Edelman or sign free-agent-to-be Danny Amendola. It’s what they do. They move on. Train keeps rolling.

Let's hope they have enough sense to pay him in a decent contract, one of a kind IMO...

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
I agree with him. Bob is smarter though, a lot smarter and better at reading defenses. Other then that the only difference is he is right handed. Prepare for a career full of injures too, just like vick

Unless he converts to a pocket passer with a run or two he would be OK but today's linebackers are big, fast, and mean, and eventually the "big" hit happens and you wind up on the IR list..

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Holy smokes, just saw the Seattle Arizona final, 58-0, Arizona with barely 150 yds total offense, looks like a lot of that team is phoning it in for this season.

ghost recon88

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2005
Lions are looking good. If it takes some snow for them to finally show up, maybe we need to rip the roof off Ford Field :hmm:

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
Holy smokes, just saw the Seattle Arizona final, 58-0, Arizona with barely 150 yds total offense, looks like a lot of that team is phoning it in for this season.

I would not be surprised to see a head coaching change after the season. I can't remember the last time a team went from a promising 4-0 start to lose 9 straight in a row. They have one of the worst offenses I have ever seen in the NFL, even in games where they get a ton of turnovers they can barely put any points on the board.

They are averaging 10.5 points per game over the last 9 games....

Last edited:

Retro Rob

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2012
Lions are looking good. If it takes some snow for them to finally show up, maybe we need to rip the roof off Ford Field :hmm:

Yeah, and they've been looking good for the past several games.

However, we have a terrible clutch team on both sides. I was done with this season after the Colts tried their best to give us a win, but the Lions would not have it and insisted Indy take the win.

I got into a little dispute with indycoltsfan back in week 1, and I will take my lumps. Detroit sucks, Indy doesn't and are looking pretty good.

If the Lions choke this game away, heads need to roll on that coaching staff.

Retro Rob

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2012
The Cards are probably the worse team in the NFL -- just got straight smoked today.

4-9 after staring 4-0. Wow, just wow.