OFFICIAL 2012 NFL week 14 thread

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 3, 2004
why are qb's so much more fragile than other players? Why do they seem to get bounced by hits harder than other positions like WR or TE? RGIII isn't built much different than they are, and those positions can have long careers.

I guess I don't get it.

Also, just in general, QBs are looking to throw and are prone to getting blindsided which leads to more injuries. That's why even non-QB players that get blindsided by hits tend to get injured more often.

uclaLabrat

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2007
Also, just in general, QBs are looking to throw and are prone to getting blindsided which leads to more injuries. That's why even non-QB players that get blindsided by hits tend to get injured more often.
But guys like RGIII aren't getting hurt in the pocket, they're getting hurt on the run. RGIII is pretty much the same build as calvin johnson, but megatron gets trucked game in, game out, while RGIII takes one hit of that type per game and he's sidelined. Maybe it is the difference in padding, but it seems there's a huge disparity in vulnerability that doesn't seem to be explained easily.

AMDZen

Lifer
Apr 15, 2004
I gotta say, Bob 3.0 is really winning me over. I've watched him all year but very carefully over the last 3 games which I've watched game day and gone back and watched tape on him.

I really like what he said after the game "I screamed, Like a man" Funny stuff and definitely a good guy. I definitely would never wish harm on him, only Phillis Rivers and RaperOfLesserBurgers get that treatment, and even them I wouldn't want them hurt too bad. With Raper he should be butt raped too.

Any way, I digress. After watching his leg snap I thought for sure his season was over and he would need surgery. Crazy that its just a Grade 1 sprain. He might miss one game and thats it. Crazy.

I still think if he continues his style of play he will miss games, but at least while he is young he can recover from some crazy incidents.

hclarkjr

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I gotta say, Bob 3.0 is really winning me over. I've watched him all year but very carefully over the last 3 games which I've watched game day and gone back and watched tape on him.

I really like what he said after the game "I screamed, Like a man" Funny stuff and definitely a good guy. I definitely would never wish harm on him, only Phillis Rivers and RaperOfLesserBurgers get that treatment, and even them I wouldn't want them hurt too bad. With Raper he should be butt raped too.

Any way, I digress. After watching his leg snap I thought for sure his season was over and he would need surgery. Crazy that its just a Grade 1 sprain. He might miss one game and thats it. Crazy.

I still think if he continues his style of play he will miss games, but at least while he is young he can recover from some crazy incidents.
is this some kind of trick???? o_O:confused:

Jeffg010

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2008

HAHA you just mad that Roethlisberger got more Superbowl wins then Elway ever gotten.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Yes, that postgame comment from RGIII had me chuckling this morning.

"I screamed. Like a man of course".

:D

Good stuff. Kid has great charisma and is just way more personable than his other rookie QB peers.

AMDZen

Lifer
Apr 15, 2004
HAHA you just mad that Roethlisberger got more Superbowl wins then Elway ever gotten.

Nope. I don't hate Terry Bradshaw who certainly has most of them with the Steel curtain.

I just think you should reap what you sow.

dbk

Lifer
Apr 23, 2004
RGIII just needs to learn how to slide..he doesn't actually slide - looks like he's just taking a knee while turning to the side. VERY ODD

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
7 losses by a touchdown or less this year....Lions are reving up for their super bowl (aka the draft)

durhamham.gif