*OFFICIAL* 2012 NFL Playoffs thread

Page 97 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
Boston news is giving some press for Ray Lewis. :) / lol / bad taste or poor sports, maybe.
http://bostonglobe.com/sports/2013/...n-forgotten/jHuTyC7wfA16iGbPPo9qWO/story.html

raylewiscomposite.jpg

I see their newspaper is as classy as most of their fans.

Last edited:

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
weird. I remember The Saints winning, but I sure don't remember the Colts being in that game. Good that Caldwell could get Dungy's team to another SB, but damn he was a horrible coach.

The Colts were dominating the Saints and were up 10-0 and Freeney went out with an injury. The Colts D pretty much collapsed at that point. Caldwell looked like a deer in the headlights on the sideline and had no clue what to do. This led to the incredibly brilliant decision to spend a #1 draft pick the following year on Jerry Hughes, who was an OLB in college but Polian wanted to play DE in a 4-3 to spell Freeney. That never really happened.

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
eh, he's had threads locked because he instantly takes things WAY out of proportion and begins petty little fights over nothing.

So, he means it when he says he will not take shit lying down! ...but that "shit" is the equivalent of someone eating one of his cookies.

Svlna's one of those whiny brats who talks shit all the time but when someone decides to take shit to his face he always goes and runs for momma (in this case: mods) to clean up his messes. Just look at this thread... starts talking smack and as soon as someone steps up and doesn't back down his brash talk instantly turns into talk about being misquoted and threats of intervention from powers that really don't give a fuck about his petty squabbles who obviously doesn't know when to just let things go.

Boston news is giving some press for Ray Lewis. :) / lol / bad taste or poor sports, maybe.
http://bostonglobe.com/sports/2013/...n-forgotten/jHuTyC7wfA16iGbPPo9qWO/story.html

raylewiscomposite.jpg

The article itself was actually halfway decent, but honestly the image montage they chose was definitely tasteless.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
Svlna's one of those whiny brats who talks shit all the time but when someone decides to take shit to his face he always goes and runs for momma (in this case: mods) to clean up his messes. Just look at this thread... starts talking smack and as soon as someone steps up and doesn't back down his brash talk instantly turns into talk about being misquoted and threats of intervention from powers that really don't give a fuck about his petty squabbles who obviously doesn't know when to just let things go.

Where did I started to talk shit/attack/talking smack anyone in this thread without any provocation? Quote it or STFU. Why don't you PM the mods and ask them if I sent them anything regarding this matter? Care to put up some cold hard cash to back up your statement or are you going to wimp out? Anything else you want to say and make a fool out of yourself? Assumption much?

Funny how you said "don't give a fuck" and "doesn't know when to just let things go" yet you were the one that brought up the matter, not me. :whiste:

Last edited:

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
Was I talking to you? No. I was talking to zinfamous so shut the fuck up.

You mentioned my name and made assuption statements about me that were not true so it is concerned to me. If you were talking about someone else, then I would not care.

Still no go on cold hard cash to back up your assumption? Yup, typical of ATOTers. All talk and pussied/wimp out. :D

Goodness, where are all the folks that do talk big and do have the mean/cold hard cash to back up their statements? Put up or shut the fuck up.

Last edited:

Ferzerp

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Still at it I see.

You're being controlled. People are making you overreact. Your illusion of defending yourself is really just you, making an ass of yourself on command.

RPD

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
Rofl at getting mad at misquoting. It's not against the rules in OT, I think it might only be against the rules in P&N.

The text, IT BURNZZZZZ.

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
The two teams I dislike the most (Ravens/Pats) were playing and while I never imagined I would be pulling for the Ravens, I just can't stand that delicate flower QB the Pats have. Always whining for a flag. Won't take a hit (he could have gone OOB to stop the clock at the end of the half but since he figured there was a 5% chance of getting hit, he decided to slide instead of stopping the clock). And I don't think he was trying to injure Ed Reed by putting his leg up in the air. I think it was simply a reflex due to panic that he might get hit.

But more than that, I love when a tough defense wins. Too much passing any more. A defense can hardly defend against a 3-5 yard pass under the rules. So it was great to see a tough defense like the Ravens pull off the victory.

bignateyk

Lifer
Apr 22, 2002
The two teams I dislike the most (Ravens/Pats) were playing and while I never imagined I would be pulling for the Ravens, I just can't stand that delicate flower QB the Pats have. Always whining for a flag. Won't take a hit (he could have gone OOB to stop the clock at the end of the half but since he figured there was a 5% chance of getting hit, he decided to slide instead of stopping the clock). And I don't think he was trying to injure Ed Reed by putting his leg up in the air. I think it was simply a reflex due to panic that he might get hit.

But more than that, I love when a tough defense wins. Too much passing any more. A defense can hardly defend against a 3-5 yard pass under the rules. So it was great to see a tough defense like the Ravens pull off the victory.

That pretty much sums up my feelings. And now I'll root for the 49ers since I hate the Ravens.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Rofl at getting mad at misquoting. It's not against the rules in OT, I think it might only be against the rules in P&N.

The text, IT BURNZZZZZ.
I am not sure it is even a rule in P&N anymore. :hmm:

KLin

Lifer
Feb 29, 2000
You mentioned my name and made assuption statements about me that were not true so it is concerned to me. If you were talking about someone else, then I would not care.

Still no go on cold hard cash to back up your assumption? Yup, typical of ATOTers. All talk and pussied/wimp out. :D

Goodness, where are all the folks that do talk big and do have the mean/cold hard cash to back up their statements? Put up or shut the fuck up.

stfu already. :rolleyes:

Childs

Lifer
Jul 9, 2000
I don't think Jim Caldwell "took" the Colts to the Super Bowl at all -- I think he just stayed out of the way and let a very talented team continue rolling.

Must be nice wiping out a person's accomplishments while sitting at your desk. Whether you like it or not, he was the coach on their Superbowl run. I'm sure he was doing what Polian hired him to do. If Manning was still in Indy, or they had a better backup than Painter, he would probably still be there. Flacco has been better since Caldwell has been QB coach and offensive coordinator.

Last edited:

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
I have emotional problems, including anger issues, and need to seek professional help. I shouldn't have caused things to go south by blowing things way out of proportion. I am sorry, and I will try to keep myself in check in the future. Let's please drop the discussion and get back to football.
Apology accepted.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Was I talking to you? No. I was talking to zinfamous so shut the fuck up.

I swear it's like trying to have a conversation with my wife and then my kids inject themselves into it when they're clearly NOT invited.

for real. I kindly respected his wishes earlier and stopped replying to him, as he considered the "matter resolved."

I like how he always wants to "lay money down" on any and all of his invented aspersions, and declares victory when no one is "man enough" or "too pussy" to throw down.

:D

anyway, good note for the thread to slowly senesce, as we can move on to the SB thread, I think...

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Still at it I see.

You're being controlled. People are making you overreact. Your illusion of defending yourself is really just you, making an ass of yourself on command.

this.

all of your comments have been spot on. Only funnier that he refuses to get it.

Childs

Lifer
Jul 9, 2000
I swear it's like trying to have a conversation with my wife and then my kids inject themselves into it when they're clearly NOT invited.

When you're in an old folks home getting abused by caregivers, you'll wish your kids still wanted to talk to you!

Besides, this is a forum, and you are not conversing via pm's. And yes, I said that because I dont want to get lumped together with your kids. :p

And Svnla, whatever you do, dont post in the Alien vs Predator thread...

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
I'm predicting the Pats will get back to the AFC championship game next season.
And they will win it.