***OFFICIAL 2007 YANKEES THREAD***

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: jman19
Originally posted by: ThePresence
Originally posted by: jman19
Originally posted by: yankeesfan
Pick up Arod's option!
He has an opt-out option, so it's really his decision, not the Yankees.
Besides, I don't know if I want him back yet. Sure, he's amazing right now, but I want to give it a little more time before I jump on the bandwagon.

Yea I agree. The only thing I am worried about is that the lineup is getting pretty old - I'm not even sure the team has a real cleanup hitter besides ARod at this point. Giambi is real creaky and the iron-man Matsui can't seem to stay healthy :|

Cano is a hitting machine, Melky is a bright spot, Jeter is not old yet, Damon can still hit, and Abreu will hit from his grave. I'm confident Giambi will come around soon.

Yea those guys all hit, but I'm talking about a true cleanup guy. I don't think Giambi has it in him anymore really. He's getting up there in age and I don't see him as much more than a .250 hitter with plus power and OBP. As much as Arod has made me sick in the past, I'm going to support him this year and hope he hits well rather than boo him and hope the door doesn't hit him on his ass on the way out of NY :p
With a circular lineup like the Yankees have, I don't think a true cleanup hitter is necessary. Anybody can be up with runners on base because the hitters before them are all good hitters as well. Essentially, when you have such a stacked lineup, they're all cleanup hitters. Age is an issue, but I think they'll be fine this season and next. After that, let's see where they are.

raystorm

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
Calm down Alex! What a putrid series for the Indians and Joe Borowski sucks but man... Alex is hotter than a Phoenix rising up from a plume of flames.

First series against the Red Sox starts tomorrow and logic says the series favors the Sawx because of the starting pitching but who the hell knows.. Alex could just continue to murder the baseball and carry the team against Dice-K and Schilling.

Seizure

Sep 27, 2000
(Wagon Driver)

Everyone get on the A-Rod wagon. I've already have my A-Rod jersey bought pre-season. This is his year! Now go get me that World Series Ring.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
Originally posted by: Sinsear
So are we A-Rod fans again this season? lol

Go Yanks!!!!!!

Yankees fans suck.

watching yankees fans cheer ARod now is just ludicrous.

so, he has hit 11 HR in 15 games. if he cools off a bit later (no way he's obviously going to be hitting HR's at this pace for the whole season), will yankees fans start to boo him again?

drum

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2003
nothing like a dose of Cleveland to get your team on a roll! :(

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Welcome to the Major Leagues Chase Wright. :(
Yankees need to get some healthy starting pitchers.

Back-to back-to back-to back.

4 homers in a row.

Wow.

raystorm

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
Holy crap..make that back to back to back to back! Its batting practice! Poor kid.

Can't kill the poor kid though..just a couple of games above A ball and now he's been wrecked at Fenway.

SubzeroDragN

Lifer
Jun 26, 2003
Welcome to the Major Leagues Chase Wright. :(
Yankees need to get some healthy starting pitchers.

Back-to back-to back-to back.

4 homers in a row.

Wow.

Wow indeed. I need the replay on video.

raystorm

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
Swept. :(

Yankees need to put together some kind of pitching staff. Quickly.

I think your boys get Mussina and Wang back in time for the next Yanks/Sawx series in the Bronx right?? What about Pavano?? Is he faking another injury to be with a new girlfriend or will he be ready for the Sawx series?

cliftonite

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2001
Originally posted by: raystorm

I think your boys get Mussina and Wang back in time for the next Yanks/Sawx series in the Bronx right?? What about Pavano?? Is he faking another injury to be with a new girlfriend or will he be ready for the Sawx series?

Hope its Wang, Moose, and Pettitte (sp?)

Gibson486

Lifer
Aug 9, 2000
Holy crap..make that back to back to back to back! Its batting practice! Poor kid.

Can't kill the poor kid though..just a couple of games above A ball and now he's been wrecked at Fenway.

Definately...Fenway is no place for a "kid" picther. I think people pretty much predicted that will happen, but the yanks did it anyways b/c they had no choice. It's kind of like what happened to the Sox at the end of last season.

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001

Who knows with Pavano. He hasn't thrown off a mound since hurting himself. The guy is unbelievable. They have no idea when he'll be ready.