Office XP vs Office 2003

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: gwlam12
whats new with outlook 2003? i just know the xp version wouldnt shut down by itself for me (when doing a shutdown) and it would crash after i wrote an email and tried sending it out without first loading outlook (i'd just press on the email link from a website)

Junk email/spam filter.

PowerMacG5

Diamond Member
Apr 14, 2002
Originally posted by: AnMig
no voice recognition in 2003 if thats a feature you use in xp pro
Whatever your smoking, you need to share it. Office 2003 has voice recognition. Also, to the OP, I have used Office Systems 2003 since it went public to MSDN subscribers and I love it. All around I felt it was a nice improvement over XP, especially in Excel and Outlook.

jacob0401

Platinum Member
Jul 31, 2001
I'm styimed on how to get Chinese input in Office 2003. In Office XP you could use the Global IME (Input Method Editor), but now in 2003 it wil not let you use the Global IME and it says to get the new IME but I can't find the new IME at all...

Other than that Outlook is greatly imrpoved. I used to not use outlook and only use webmail, but now I enjoy using outlook.

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
I've been very impressed with office professional 2003 so far.... Just ordered myself another free copy :D

One of the few perks of working retail.