Octomom back on welfare gets $2800 a month

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
There are more people in here commenting on Dave's salary than this woman leaching (yes, leaching) on society....big time!

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
There are more people in here commenting on Dave's salary than this woman leaching (yes, leaching) on society....big time!

Not to mention the consequences to the children of having no father and octomom as a mother... so much for caring about the children.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Quite frankly nahelem256, your argument disgusts me, as you advocate the typical pro-right to life position in saying, "The simplest and most moral solution is to look at the economic situation at conception/birth. If, as is the case with octomom, they are clearly unable to support the children they should be taken from the mother and given to a loving couple that is capable of supporting/raising the child.

I mean really there are some really obvious cases where the mother is completely incapable of supporting the children. If we are going to claim that we care about the well being of children then why do we let 15 year olds become mothers?"

Which actually boils down to pro-lifers saying, they have no responsibilities to educate unwed mothers or give them better alternatives, but if they somehow becomes pregnant even due to rape and incest, they must carry the child to conception. And when the child and the mother become social burdens, we wait for the child grows up and swells a our criminal classes so we can execute them.

So you pro-lifers have get to absolve yourselves from doing anything to educate or give any help to the child or the mother?

And then even better yet, you pro-lifers can stand on your moral soap box and decry why we have so many unwed mothers clogging our welfare rolls. When you pro-life Aholes are always totally missing in action in preventing unwed teenage pregnancies.

In short Nelaem256, you are a good part of the problem and no part will ever be any solution.

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
Is that supposed to be a lot of money? Shit if my monthly bonus was only that I would start looking at other positions open....

But really I hate welfare queens and I blame the Dr. that allowed that to happen.

bozack

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2000
Plus because of hours getting cut, taxes and expenses going up I've been going backwards every year for last 3 years.

Obviously looking for a new job this year. The economy is supposed to be better so we'll see.

Ha this is great, so you're in here complaining about the rich screwing you over when you openly admit you're paying higher taxes/expenses and your job prospects suck....

Good luck with getting a new job there buddy boy, I haven't heard anything about the job market getting any better...

Too much

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Quite frankly nahelem256, your argument disgusts me, as you advocate the typical pro-right to life position in saying, "The simplest and most moral solution is to look at the economic situation at conception/birth. If, as is the case with octomom, they are clearly unable to support the children they should be taken from the mother and given to a loving couple that is capable of supporting/raising the child.

I mean really there are some really obvious cases where the mother is completely incapable of supporting the children. If we are going to claim that we care about the well being of children then why do we let 15 year olds become mothers?"

Which actually boils down to pro-lifers saying, they have no responsibilities to educate unwed mothers or give them better alternatives, but if they somehow becomes pregnant even due to rape and incest, they must carry the child to conception. And when the child and the mother become social burdens, we wait for the child grows up and swells a our criminal classes so we can execute them.

So you pro-lifers have get to absolve yourselves from doing anything to educate or give any help to the child or the mother?

And then even better yet, you pro-lifers can stand on your moral soap box and decry why we have so many unwed mothers clogging our welfare rolls. When you pro-life Aholes are always totally missing in action in preventing unwed teenage pregnancies.

In short Nelaem256, you are a good part of the problem and no part will ever be any solution.

What gave you the impression I am pro-life? I mean other than I don't worship the reproductive choices of 15 year old girls and octomom?

I have no objection to the 15 year old girl getting the abortion. Its seems like the simplest solution really. But people tend to throw a fit when I say that.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
We have to respect the rights of animals like your family as well, so I guess its even.

I don't think you know what animal means...

Women like octomom are the lowest form of scum. I would think that liberals would be the first people to want to decry people like her since they provide Republicans such nice cases to point to for why welfare programs should be cut.

Apr 27, 2012
I don't think you know what animal means...

Women like octomom are the lowest form of scum. I would think that liberals would be the first people to want to decry people like her since they provide Republicans such nice cases to point to for why welfare programs should be cut.

I agree, that octomom is a pos and I would have no problem with having the kids taken away and given to RESPONSIBLE parents

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
This is pissing me off. People like her don't have any pride or responsibility, just dump their problems/kids on the taxpayers.

Apr 27, 2012
This is pissing me off. People like her don't have any pride or responsibility, just dump their problems/kids on the taxpayers.

And this is why welfare needs major cuts, that would prevent these morons from having kids since they would realize they would have to pay for them

Nintendesert

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2010
Just make the doctor foot the bill. That'll stop future doctors from ever doing this kind of shit again.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Just make the doctor foot the bill. That'll stop future doctors from ever doing this kind of shit again.

So you think doctors should be required to do income verification before performing IVF?

... the blame for the situation lies squarely on octomom herself. She was a single mother with 6 kids. She had no business pursuing IVF at all.

Nintendesert

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2010
So you think doctors should be required to do income verification before performing IVF?

... the blame for the situation lies squarely on octomom herself. She was a single mother with 6 kids. She had no business pursuing IVF at all.

I think IVF itself is an abomination against nature. Humans don't have litters normally. The whole process itself should be looked at and new methods for getting someone pregnant without creating these litters need to be researched.

And yes, his actions have repercussions. Just like a bar tender giving a drunk more liquor is held accountable, so should a doctor giving someone more babies.

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I think IVF itself is an abomination against nature. Humans don't have litters normally. The whole process itself should be looked at and new methods for getting someone pregnant without creating these litters need to be researched.

And yes, his actions have repercussions. Just like a bar tender giving a drunk more liquor is held accountable, so should a doctor giving someone more babies.

and gun sellers should be held accountable for people who use those guns to kill others!?!? :hmm:

(Now I've done it).

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012

(1) You didn't answer the question about whether doctors should do income verification before performing IVF.

(2) And why shouldn't the woman be held accountable for purposefully seeking to have more children when she didn't even have a job to support the 6 children she already had?

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
and gun sellers should be held accountable for people who use those guns to kill others!?!? :hmm:

(Now I've done it).

But you see gun sellers sell to men (at least stereo-typically) so therefore we can hold the buyer responsible.

Bu women can never be held accountable for their reproductive choices. And a pox on anyone who even questions them.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006

She just 1 of millions . $2800 dollars a month is alot for doing nothing but having sex . No wonder more people want on the the gooberment dime . If you played your cards right in a divorice and had many children . You could divide them between him and her . File for welfare and live together with 2 welfare checks for around 45-50 thousand a year . You young people get married have bunch of kids divorce divide the children and double dip . Good the youth today have it made.

Last edited:

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
But now we get on a slippery slope, not with just Octomom, but all American mothers who can no longer support their children in a proper manner. Often through no fault of their own. Maybe their main breadwinner dies or loses their job due to their employers going belly up. And suddenly they can no longer support their children. Even if its temporary.

We all grew up with someone who lost a parent. The one I knew his dad died at about age 6. he had 3 sister and one brother . They lived off of SS. no welfare no food stamps just SS which even today wouldn't match 2800 welfare than food stamps ect ect ect . The kids all turned out great and never went without . They did however have the church which made sure they had nice school clothes free lunches and great holidays . But we killed that threw forced charity Welfare foodstamps and the like . Today that family could not live on SS Because the church is over with. NO income no outgoing