occupy idiots: morons bought fake bombs, tried to blow up rt 82 bridge in cleveland

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
they all look related. Are they from the same "do it in the road " family?? Maybe Bill Ayers kids??

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Not sure how capable or serious these freaks were, but I'm certainly glad they were caught.

I am rather curious on what sort of jail time they'll see.

Oh... it's another setup scenario?

They devised a plan, seeked out the "bombs", bought them, planted them and then tried to explode them. How the hell is this a setup? This happens with murder-for-hire scenarios many times. Do you consider those setups? Otherwise, I'm not sure I understand your question.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
If it was such an isolated incident, then you would have a point. But it's not, it's modus operandi for a good enough percentage of occupiers to make sure American's ammo up to meet the hoarde of have nots.

At last you'll finally get to shoot someone.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
They devised a plan, seeked out the "bombs", bought them, planted them and then tried to explode them. How the hell is this a setup? This happens with murder-for-hire scenarios many times. Do you consider those setups? Otherwise, I'm not sure I understand your question.

Yes, quite similar to the Islamic 'plots' the FBI supervised and 'caught' over the years.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
Were they at OWS events? Yes. Were they observed by FBI there? Yes. Did they "not act like the rest of the protesters"? Yes.

Keep on ranting though spidey. Cognitive dissonance is your strong suit.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
Yes, quite similar to the Islamic 'plots' the FBI supervised and 'caught' over the years.

Exactly. Though what I find weird is they're really holding back information on this case, which is what makes me even more suspicious. Like they know they fucked up the last couple times around, to many people smelled the bullshit.

Call me retarded all you like, but I don't trust the FBI and they've been known to pull this kind of shit in the past. IMO it's you who are retarded for giving them to much credit.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Wow...the merge of the two threads went pretty badly. I was retained as the original poster, (mine was first and in the proper forum) but the title came from the other thread...and the way they merged really made the early parts of this almost un-readable.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
No. You don't hear me. You don't hear a single thing I have said. This is absolutely not why the occupy movement was started, and it is absolutely not representative of the beliefs of most people in the movement.

Firearms and Ammo sales? Really? You're going there? You think they have increased because of "occupy"? I know a whole crap load of people who believe, and have believed since before he was elected, that Obama is going to somehow revoke the right to bear arms. I know a lot of people that feel the need to stock up on guns and ammo now before there are laws that don't allow them to. None of that has anything to do with "occupy".

I hear you through...they're all fucking terrorists...lock em all up...they have no basis for existing in our society.

You are trying to reason with a parody account. Ignore...

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
So how does one procure enough explosives? Do they just go online and announce they want to blow up a bridge or what?

Can you just buy a book like C4 FOR DUMMIES?

On the Schwarteneger movies some guy just bought ingredients at the grocery store and made his own plastic explosives.

Last edited: