occupy idiots: morons bought fake bombs, tried to blow up rt 82 bridge in cleveland

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
See? The War on Terror isn't over yet...

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout...ge-bombing-plot-near-cleveland-142203758.html

Five people, claiming to be anarchists, have been arrested in Cleveland for trying to blow up a four-lane bridge across the Cuyahoga Valley National Park.

The public was never in danger from the devices, according to Fox News. The explosive devices were inoperable and controlled by an undercover FBI agent. Charges were against the suspects were filed Tuesday morning in Cleveland.

Douglas Wright, 26, Brandon Baxter, 20, and Anthony Hayne, 35, were arrested Monday and charged with conspiracy and attempted use of explosive material to damage physical property affecting interstate commerce, according to WEWS-NewsNet5 in Cleveland. Two other men, Connor Stevens, 20, and Joshua Stafford, 23, were also arrested, but not charged, the station reported.

The suspects were targeting the state Route 82 bridge that spans the Cuyahoga Valley National Park, according to WEWS. The suspects had bought fake explosives and placed them near the bridge Monday. The suspects were arrested after 9 p.m. Monday, the station reports.

The suspects had considered a series of plots over several months. Among the alternative targets was the Veteran's Memorial Bridge, according to WEWS. One of the suspects, Wright, had talked about driving a car into the Federal Reserve Bank to blow it up, the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports.

The FBI is displaying this map in the room where it will apparently announce the arrests of five people in connection …

The FBI's Cleveland office is displaying a photo of the apparent bridge in question, according to WEWS-NewsNet5 in Cleveland. The state Route 82 bridge is in Brecksville, south of Cleveland.
Terrarests I tell ya!

bombermugs.jpg

bombermugs2.jpg

This bunch looks like a bunch of stupid hicks who couldn't blow their nose, let along a bridge.

Sorry, OP, I merged the two threads and your thread title got changed. Each time I try to change the title back, it changes again. -DrPizza. (Oh, and two threads on the same topic were merged together.)

Last edited by a moderator:

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
They are all fine examples of why drugs are referred to as "dope".

I'm sure they'll find a way to receive their Darwin award soon enough.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Not sure how capable or serious these freaks were, but I'm certainly glad they were caught.

I am rather curious on what sort of jail time they'll see.

The explosive devices were inoperable and controlled by an undercover FBI agent.

Oh... it's another setup scenario?

nextJin

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2009
Those guys look like real winners imo, clearly they were on their way to becoming productive tax paying citizens.

airdata

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2010
This bunch looks like a bunch of stupid hicks who couldn't blow their nose, let along a bridge.

The important part is where they say nobody was in danger at any time because it was an fbi sting just like all so called terror events since 911 have been.

NeoV

Diamond Member
Apr 18, 2000
how many REAL terrorist threats have we stopped that didn't require our own people planning the event and providing them with the logistics/equipment to do it?

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I'm SHOCKED at how many here suspect some kind of entrapment on the part of our FBI. :eek:

Feb 6, 2007
I'm SHOCKED at how many here suspect some kind of entrapment on the part of our FBI. :eek:
It's as if they expect that the FBI is just standing in the middle of the street hocking explosives and schematics for nearby landmarks. Maybe they are, I don't know how things get done in the midwest.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
or the FBI recruited them, gave them the equipment and the plans/idea and set them out. only to "thwart" their efforts. no real criminals, so we have to find people on edge and create them.

dwell

pics?
Oct 9, 1999
Those have to be the stupidest looking lot of kids I've even seen. Scientific proof that smoking weed from 6th grade to your mid-twenties turns you into a retard.

tboo

Diamond Member
Jun 25, 2000
or the FBI recruited them, gave them the equipment and the plans/idea and set them out. only to "thwart" their efforts. no real criminals, so we have to find people on edge and create them.

Yeah, thats it.

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006

/tinfoilhat

seepy83

Platinum Member
Nov 12, 2003
This really has nothing to do with "Occupy". The TV news report that I saw said that people involved in an Occupy rally actually reported this group to the FBI because they were at an Occupy rally talking about blowing stuff up.

Dec 26, 2007
A) not part of the Occupy movement
B) reports I've heard make me question if it could be considered entrapment (originally they were planning on smoke bombs and fucking with some billboards essentially)
C) the guy in the upper right looks like a guy I know (it's not him though as he doesn't live here anymore)