occupy idiots: morons bought fake bombs, tried to blow up rt 82 bridge in cleveland

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

gevorg

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2004
or the FBI recruited them, gave them the equipment and the plans/idea and set them out. only to "thwart" their efforts. no real criminals, so we have to find people on edge and create them.

only China or some commie regime would do that, the land of the free and the brave will never do anything like that

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
Entrapment is only a valid defense if the police coax you into doing something you otherwise would never have done. These guys were not targeted for a sting at random, but rather because they had been plotting before the sting.

amdhunter

Lifer
May 19, 2003
lol. Conservatives will do anything these days. How much did they pay these kids for this?

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
pretty easy to see who is part of the (bottom) %1 here at ATOT, lol

I don't agree with the occupy lot and the dumbarses in that photo really don't have much of my sympathy but without the FBIs help what do you think they would be able to accomplish?

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
That is what happened though isn't it?

Yeah it is what happened and it isn't the first time. The people are usually on edge and wannabes anyways, but that's besides the point. They're given the means and the push. How is it any different than convincing someone to kill themselves?

Feb 6, 2007
I don't agree with the occupy lot and the dumbarses in that photo really don't have much of my sympathy but without the FBIs help what do you think they would be able to accomplish?
About as much as they accomplished with the FBI's help? You act like they actually blew up the bridge.

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
or the FBI recruited them, gave them the equipment and the plans/idea and set them out. only to "thwart" their efforts. no real criminals, so we have to find people on edge and create them.
Looking at their pic, I am OK with that. We need to eradicate all the ugly people.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
This really has nothing to do with "Occupy". The TV news report that I saw said that people involved in an Occupy rally actually reported this group to the FBI because they were at an Occupy rally talking about blowing stuff up.

Bullshit! They were OWS organizers, very much occupiers.
According to a written release, Douglas L. Wright, 26, Brandon L. Baxter, 20, and Anthony Hayne, 35, were arrested by the FBI's Joint Terrorism Task Force on April 30 on charges of conspiracy and attempted use of explosive materials to damage physical property affecting interstate commerce.

The three are self-proclaimed anarchists, according to the FBI.

Charges against two other men, Connor C. Stevens, 20, and Joshua S. Stafford, 23, are pending.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/318...veland-bridge-

http://o2.aolcdn.com/dims-shared/dim...24633b8e02b0c3
Anthony Hayne, 35, will be one of six or seven members of the Occupy Cleveland movement setting up an information table at Marc's Plaza Saturday, Oct. 29 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Credit Cory Shaffer

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1...o1_r2_1280.jpg
OCCUPIED — Occupy Cleveland organizer Brandon Baxter gets some shade in the Occupy Cleveland tent in downtown Cleveland on March 21, 2012. Baxter, one of the few remaining members of Occupy Cleveland’s physical presence downtown, said the group has seen a sharp decline in numbers since last October because of increasing disorganization. “We need guidance,” he said. Photo by Brandon Blackwell @CapturedCLE

Brandon Baxter of Lakewood said he had no regrets for making sure people heard the message.

"I took the risk of getting arrested because I feel the powers that be, whoever they might be –– on all levels of government and those who hold corporate power –– are not listening because not enough people are actually taking a stance" against foreclosures, he said. "I was hoping that this would be a great way to get Cleveland more involved by showing the potential that a small group of dedicated people can have in making an impact. Even though we are not in any government position or in Congress, we do have the power."
http://www.cleveland.com/business/in...upts_sher.html

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Typical occupiers is what it looks like. This is democracy in action!

OCCUPY...jail for a very long time.

boochi

May 21, 2011
nancy-pelosi-god-bless-wall-street-protesters-pelosi-obama-l-politics-1317949211.jpg

seepy83

Platinum Member
Nov 12, 2003
Bullshit! They were OWS organizers, very much occupiers.

Well I guess ABC World News Tonight got the wrong story...because they reported that others involved in the Occupy rally reported this crew to the authorities.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Well I guess ABC World News Tonight got the wrong story...because they reported that others involved in the Occupy rally reported this crew to the authorities.

That's what you call damage control...this is of course isolated incident, no ties to occupiers...move along, nothing to see here...isolated incident.

seepy83

Platinum Member
Nov 12, 2003
That's what you call damage control...this is of course isolated incident, no ties to occupiers...move along, nothing to see here...isolated incident.

Well that could swing both ways. Obviously everyone involved in Occupy wants to blow shit up and cause chaos. Lock them all up.