OC My E7200, Please!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

error8

Diamond Member
Nov 28, 2007
Next time when you'll be overclocking, don't be so scared. The computer is not going to die on you. Worst thing can happen is that you'll have to do a bios reset and that is not a big deal at all.

coder3d

Oct 1, 2008
The only thing is that for some reason my cpu speed in system information programs shows 3800 when it is actually 3000 im guessing that this is because it assumes the 9.5 multi still which would make 9.5x400=3800. Anyway to change this from showing up that way?

mancunian

May 19, 2006
Originally posted by: coder3d
im guessing that this is because it assumes the 9.5 multi still which would make 9.5x400=3800. Anyway to change this from showing up that way?

Your guess would be correct, Windows seems to assume this.

The system information in Windows isn't an accurate guide for that sort of thing.

Use CPU-Z instead.

Jyve

Jan 28, 2006
Originally posted by: error8
Originally posted by: Vageetasjn
Originally posted by: error8
Originally posted by: Cheex
:(
Why do I think now that I'm not going to achieve what I want.
:(

You will achieve it! When the cpu fails at 4 ghz, just increase and increase and increase the voltage until it's stable. That is what I've been doing and I'm at 1,46 V. :laugh:

Might want to be careful with that voltage:
http://www.anandtech.com/weblog/showpost.aspx?i=428

Believe me, I know it's way over the safe zone. If it dies it dies and I'll get another one. These E7200 are dirt cheap, even in my country. ;)

You gave me a link to the high VTT risk, which has nothing to do with the actual Vcore I'm using. I have my VTT at somewhere around 1,2 V.

MY HERO! At these prices, these are fun to tweak on. My vid is 1.2 so I'm getting really bad o/c's on mine. Don't pay attention to the sig, as it wasn't long @ my voltages that it began to degrade and get unstable. Right now, running at a simple 3.16 @ 1.25v (yeah, god awful) Just recently dusted off the sink and sprayed out the case and temps dropped signifigantly. Going to see if I can't bump it back to at least 3.6 @ ~1.38v or so. VID is definately an indicator of how well your 7200 is going to overclock.

Jyve

Jan 28, 2006
quick update...boosted bios to 1.381v @ 3.6 (400x9) and am 8 min orthos stable :)

cpuz 1.344 idle 1.328 load. Temps were around 30/37 idle and 51/57 under load...all looks good so far. Temps were never the issue, but voltage was. At under 80 bucks for a chip is cheap enough to stress the sucker out and see what you get though. I'll be happy with a solid 3.6 but obviously higher the better. Might go for 3.8 @ 1.4v if orthos remains stable. BTW, this is on a xigmatek 1283 w/stock fan.

error8

Diamond Member
Nov 28, 2007
1,4 V for 3,8 ghz doesn't look that bad really, for 24/7 if you can keep your temperatures low enough. ;)