Observing Middle Aged Americans Purchasing Food.

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Where did this meat only diet came from anyway? And why did your friend decide to follow this to begin with?

He's been watching a lot of nutrition videos and like I've mentioned before there's so much conflicting info about nutrition out there it's hard to know what to believe is true. It just so happens the specific stuff he's been watching basically says to eliminate carbs 100%, and a lot of other stuff I don't recall all the details of. At the end of the day it basically means only meat as even fruit and vegetables have some of the stuff these videos say is bad. He also finds lot of stuff gives him the craps but I think that may be a whole other issue, and he may possibly be making it worse by eliminating entire food groups but I'm really not sure. He seems to think it's working for him. He started reintroducing some vegetables recently but only a few specific ones. No potatoes or carrots and no fruits at all. Supposedly you get every single nutrient you need including vitamin C from meat, according to him anyway.

I really don't know how he does it. I would get sick of it within a few days.

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
He's been watching a lot of nutrition videos and like I've mentioned before there's so much conflicting info about nutrition out there it's hard to know what to believe is true. It just so happens the specific stuff he's been watching basically says to eliminate carbs 100%, and a lot of other stuff I don't recall all the details of. At the end of the day it basically means only meat as even fruit and vegetables have some of the stuff these videos say is bad. He also finds lot of stuff gives him the craps but I think that may be a whole other issue, and he may possibly be making it worse by eliminating entire food groups but I'm really not sure. He seems to think it's working for him. He started reintroducing some vegetables recently but only a few specific ones. No potatoes or carrots and no fruits at all. Supposedly you get every single nutrient you need including vitamin C from meat, according to him anyway.

I really don't know how he does it. I would get sick of it within a few days.
Does he consume his meat uncooked or rare? Cooking meat does destroy the Vitamin C it contains.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Not sure, probably rare since he eats a lot of steak. But don't really know those details. He's trying to convince me to go on same diet but I can't stomach the idea of doing that. I would rather go vegan lol.

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
Not sure, probably rare since he eats a lot of steak. But don't really know those details. He's trying to convince me to go on same diet but I can't stomach the idea of doing that. I would rather go vegan lol.
That is just going to the extreme of the other end.