Obamessiah running away from town hall debates

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
http://www.usatoday.com/news/p...-townhall_N.htm?csp=34

Obama has offered to meet McCain in five joint appearances between now and the Nov. 4 election, but only one of those would be town hall-style and it would be on the July 4th Independence Day holiday, when few Americans would be watching. McCain called the offer "a very disappointing response."

Talk about hiding. 1 town hall debate...on the 4th of July when no one is watching? Is he really that scared of McCain? Or is it that he knows he won't be able to keep up the media notion that he's eloquent if he doesn't have his teleprompters?

Cuda1447

Lifer
Jul 26, 2002
Ya, I have to say I'm pretty disappointed. I want to hear how these guys think on their feet, thats when their true feelings come out, IMO. Rehearsed speeches mean jack shit to me.

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002
Running away from what? McCain doesn't have the two-hundred-million dollar war chest that Obama has.

McCain needs all the free and cheap publicity he can get.

Cuda1447

Lifer
Jul 26, 2002
Originally posted by: Tab
Running away from what? McCain doesn't have the two-hundred-million dollar war chest that Obama has.

So its not 'change' we can believe in then? Rather than debating with McCain without scripts he's going to use his advantage of money? I thought it was a different type of politics?

Not that I'm saying its a bad strategy, but don't preach to be this holier than thou type of candidate and do what every other politician does.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Good, I don't want to hear another word out of either of these assholes until around late September. This election has been going on long enough already.

Cuda1447

Lifer
Jul 26, 2002
Originally posted by: feralkid
Another smart move by Obama.

Another troll post by Cad.

How's it a troll post man? Be on whichever side you want, that's fine. I agree, it is a smart move, tactically. But let's be honest, if Obama thought he had the advantage in these debates, he'd be there. Doesn't that say something about him?

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Cuda1447

So its not 'change' we can believe in then? Rather than debating with McCain without scripts he's going to use his advantage of money? I thought it was a different type of politics?

Not that I'm saying its a bad strategy, but don't preach to be this holier than thou type of candidate and do what every other politician does.

Exactly, he's no different than the rest.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002

How's it a troll post man? Be on whichever side you want, that's fine. I agree, it is a smart move, tactically. But let's be honest, if Obama thought he had the advantage in these debates, he'd be there. Doesn't that say something about him?

It's a troll post because of how he phrases it.

"Obamessiah running away"

That's a full on load of creamy filled troll donuts.

Cuda1447

Lifer
Jul 26, 2002

Oh don't give me that bullshit. Sure, he dislikes Obama and thats apparent in his post, but let's be honest... the Dem's trolls on this board outweigh the Rep's 5-1 and are 100% more vocal with their 'McSame" shit and all that other crap. If you want to call him a troll, thats fine. I have no problem with calling a horse a horse. But call the rest of the fucking trolls out on it as well, otherwise you're just showing how partisan you are and all your credibility goes down the toilet... IMO at least.

*edited for retardedness

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

Uh, so he isn't running away? McCain offered 10, Obamarama will do only 1 and it's on a weekend when NO ONE will be watching. If that isn't running away and hiding - you haven't a clue.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Obama and McCain are struggling for any advantages they can get, Obama would be foolish to allow McCain cheap publicity when he can force McCain to buy it.

Its simply making smart rather than dumb chess moves, if the shoe were on the other foot, McCain would be doing the same.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY

Uh, so he isn't running away? McCain offered 10, Obamarama will do only 1 and it's on a weekend when NO ONE will be watching. If that isn't running away and hiding - you haven't a clue.

Right, so If you send an invitation and people turn it down, they are "Running Away" from you?

Well, perhaps in your case....

;)

Cuda1447

Lifer
Jul 26, 2002
Originally posted by: Lemon law
Obama and McCain are struggling for any advantages they can get, Obama would be foolish to allow McCain cheap publicity when he can force McCain to buy it.

Its simply making smart rather than dumb chess moves, if the shoe were on the other foot, McCain would be doing the same.

Thats the point I was trying to make, Lemon law. Obama is doing exactly what every other politician would do. He is using a fiscal advantage rather than letting the American people see both candidates in a non-teleprompter thinking on the spot debate. Thats fine, but don't preach about 'change' and a different type of politics. Obama acts as if he doesn't act like other politicians and doesn't play the political games, when thats exactly what he does. Thats hypocritical and something he should be called out on.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002

If you want to call him a troll, thats fine. I have no problem with calling a horse a horse. But call the rest of the fucking trolls out on it as well,

One troll at a time...I can't be here 24/7...sorry.

Cuda1447

Lifer
Jul 26, 2002

If you want to call him a troll, thats fine. I have no problem with calling a horse a horse. But call the rest of the fucking trolls out on it as well,

That's fine, I don't expect you to be. I will expect to see you calling our the troll democrats though, at least sometimes. You won't let me down will you?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I'm not eating breakfast today. No, no, actually I'm running away and hiding from breakfast today. Breakfast is really scary. I'm going to drive to Sacramento this weekend too and I'm not going to drive over to Davis on the way. I'm scared of wasting the time and gas since it's out of my way. I also challenged that idiot, McCain to debate me everyday in Guam but the chicken-shit hasn't even responded. He's too busy changing his undies, I guess.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002

That's fine, I don't expect you to be. I will expect to see you calling our the troll democrats though, at least sometimes. You won't let me down will you?

If you'll do the same, I think we've got a deal.

:beer:

Cuda1447

Lifer
Jul 26, 2002

If you'll do the same, I think we've got a deal.

:beer:

Oh I'll do it !

*shakes*

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002

In the words of Dick Cheney...

So?

This is politics, you play to win. As for his message, it is different. It's not your typical Democrat who hates everything that Republicans stand for and believe.

Cuda1447

Lifer
Jul 26, 2002

In the words of Dick Cheney...

So?

This is politics, you play to win. As for his message, it is different. It's not your typical Democrat who hates everything that Republicans stand for and believe.

Maybe I'm ignorant, so please educate me. I was under the impression that it was a different sort of politics. I.E. Not playing games at teh cost of the American public? So there wouldn't be lying, false promises, slandering the candidates, etc... The different type of politics would be one in which it favors the American public, after all that is why they are running for office, to please us. So, if thats the case Obama should be doing whatever is in the best interest of the public. If thats pointing out why McCain is wrong on some principles fine. If thats to point out where he is strong, or to give awe-inspiring speeches, cool. But purposely avoiding impromptu debates because he feels he is at a disadvantage and would rather use his fiscal advantage to gain leverage, well thats not in the best of the public. Like I said, I think its a smart idea and I'd do the same exact thing. Hell, he's in it to win it. Just don't preach with the holier than thou "change" driven political message. He is the same as the other candidates, he will play the games to win and cares more about winning than the American public. Just like McCain, just like Bush, just like Hillary and Bill Clinton and just like all the other candidates we've had recently. There is no change and he's hypocritical from what I see.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
their positions are so different, I don't get why Obama wouldn't want as many debates as possible to drive home what the republicans are selling this year.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

Maybe I'm ignorant, so please educate me. I was under the impression that it was a different sort of politics. I.E. Not playing games at teh cost of the American public? So there wouldn't be lying, false promises, slandering the candidates, etc... The different type of politics would be one in which it favors the American public, after all that is why they are running for office, to please us. So, if thats the case Obama should be doing whatever is in the best interest of the public. If thats pointing out why McCain is wrong on some principles fine. If thats to point out where he is strong, or to give awe-inspiring speeches, cool. But purposely avoiding impromptu debates because he feels he is at a disadvantage and would rather use his fiscal advantage to gain leverage, well thats not in the best of the public. Like I said, I think its a smart idea and I'd do the same exact thing. Hell, he's in it to win it. Just don't preach with the holier than thou "change" driven political message. He is the same as the other candidates, he will play the games to win and cares more about winning than the American public. Just like McCain, just like Bush, just like Hillary and Bill Clinton and just like all the other candidates we've had recently. There is no change and he's hypocritical from what I see.

How is it somehow 'not in the best interest of the public'? It's not like their policy preferences are hidden or anything, and it's not like the purpose of these debates is to educate the voter. McCain wants them really badly because he knows that he desperately needs some sort of game changer in order to give him a chance at winning in November. Obama doesn't gain anything from them.

He is campaigning on the idea that it's not necessary to pull some Karl Rove style smears in order to win and that it's okay to campaign on the issues instead of BS stuff like the swift boat veterans or whatever. This doesn't mean that he has to do things during the campaign that would likely hurt his chances of winning.

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
Don't worry, by September/October comes, the 527s will convince Americans that he's a Muslim, racist, anti-American, and a Marxist.