Obama's promise of ending no-bid contracts...broken.

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
That would be in your head too if you were capable of thinking beyond "No! Obama GOOD! Republicans BAD!"

For the only way you can defend this action AND his campaign promise is to assume that at the very least it's occasionally all right for him to award these kinds of contracts. My corollary to that is the assumption that you will defend any level of such contracts as long as it's a Democrat making them, while also attacking any such awards by any Republican.
Just because I believe the GOP is bad for the country does not mean I believe Obama is infallible.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Just because I believe the GOP is bad for the country does not mean I believe Obama is infallible.

Hey now, you're only going to confuse them if you don't adopt their partisan game mentality!

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
:) The loss of infallibility is one of the things Obama misses most, I am sure.

Sounds like another of your "facts"

From Google News on Cyprus...

-Obama defended the right not to be a know-it-all and cited Cyprus as an example. "Sometimes it's not so bad to say, 'I don't know,'" Obama told a supporter who asked a general question about the campaign. "If somebody asks you something about where does the president stand on Cyprus, and you say I'm not sure, but here is what -- I promise you I'll find out an answer and we'll make sure to call you back," he said. Obama, who generally appears to enjoy questions on foreign affairs, said that leaders are not expected to know "the ins and outs of every policy," but should respond "with courtesy" in a timely way to concerns.-

And the man bows to other heads of state when visiting them in their countries!

Clearly the man is an imperious, arrogant know it all who never takes responsibility either. Unless it's for the economy. Or an oil spill. Or election results. Or pipeline plans. Or risky military missions.

Pity Obama has to put on this show, the efforts to paint him as aloof, egotistical and detached as his predecessors would be going better.

Illusio

Golden Member
Nov 28, 1999
He was also supposed to get us a College Football playoff system instead of this BCS crap. But that never happened. I know in the grand scheme of themes, this isn't that important. But come on, this is low hanging fruit here. He could have made this happen with minimal effort.