Obama's other race speech

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/02/obama-speech-jeremiah-wright-new-orleans/

For nearly 40 minutes, using an accent he almost never adopts in public, Obama describes a racist, zero-sum society, in which the white majority profits by exploiting black America. The mostly black audience shouts in agreement. The effect is closer to an Al Sharpton rally than a conventional campaign event.

I watched this last night and it merely confirmed what I already knew about BHO, that he is a race baiting slimeball politician from Chicago.

The one question I have is how this video wasn't found 4 years ago...

sorry if a repost but I don't see a thread on it yet.

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
You know blacks only make up 12% of the population, right? An unsupported call of "racism" that only appeals to blacks the way Fox News only appeals to stupid, racist whites wouldn't do him much good, and is not what we have here.

This country has a history of racism and conservatives are still racist. So, in this, there is no disproof of the hypothesis that racism is involved when no differences are found between events in type and magnitude and the only difference is the race of the people involved.
Don't blame Obama for this being the case, blame yourself for being a racist and making it the case.

Aegeon

Golden Member
Nov 2, 2004
Obviously in contrast to some rather misleading conservative reporting on the subject, the video was specifically reported on back in 2007, (and received reasonable coverage) so its quite old news at this point. The evidence of racism also really doesn't exist in the actual statement Obama made on the video tape regarding New Orleans as well. Its therefore unlikely to have much of an impact outright of people like yourself who already don't like Obama.

Last edited:

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012

I watched this last night and it merely confirmed what I already knew about BHO, that he is a race baiting slimeball politician from Chicago.

Because it was found and reported 4 years ago even by Tucker Carlson. Stop being a lemming. You should get your news from someplace other than the Drudge/Daily Caller/Fox News.

Btw, I watched it, nothing remarkable. Is there something in the tape you you want to dispute?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/02/drudge-daily-caller-obama_n_1934441.html

The Daily Caller, working in collaboration with Fox News, released a video Tuesday night of a speech President Barack Obama delivered at Hampton University back in 2007. The release was preceded by an all-afternoon Drudge Report banner headline splash, billing the video as some sort of electorally game-changing revelation with racial overtones that was going to affect the 2012 campaign ahead of the first presidential debate.
It ended up being a rerun of a 2007 story that was already well known to reporters and political partisans. So, as a piece of new and incendiary news, it was something of a letdown. However, as a piece of Internet trolling that forced political reporters to bide their time until the evening release of the video, instead of watching the goings-on in the last days of Major League Baseball's regular season, it was a work of genius.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
lol. It was. By the same guy who is reporting on it now, Tucker Carlson. Nobody cared. You can really detect the stench of desperation when the lunatic fringe is recycling 4 year old clips that nobody cared about the first time.

You should actually go listen to the speech instead of wasting your life watching Sean Hannity, btw. My favorite part of your post though is how Hannity and Carlson had a whole show about how Obama is talking too black and then your takeaway from that is that Obama is the one race baiting.

EDIT: All from the people who constantly shriek about the 'race card' any time someone might deign to mention that criticism of Obama might have to do with race. Your cognitive dissonance is impressive.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000

I think the real question is why it was suddenly discovered and simultaneously released on a number of conservative outlets, including the semi-official outlet of the GOP, Shawn Hannity.

This "news" will carry a lot of weight with the committed Obama haters like the OP. To the rest of the world it's another yawner, a political stunt.

It would be super easy to find a half dozen similar speeches by Romney done within the last year or so, especially when he is in full pander to the teabaggers mode.

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
Obviously in contrast to some rather misleading conservative reporting on the subject, the video was specifically reported on back in 2007, (and received reasonable coverage) so its quite old news at this point. Its therefore unlikely to have much of an impact outright of people like yourself who already don't like Obama.

The "coverage" it received by most media outlets was cherry picking of parts of the speech as well as releasing of a "transcript". The "transcript" was nothing of the sort, rather it was the script that had originally been created for the speech. A script that Obama deviated from many times. This is the first time the whole, uncut speech has been looked at and compared to the "transcript" that was reported on originally.

This is more likely going to impact the news agencies more than Obama himself. Anyone who isn't blind doesn't see this as a surprise. The cultists will keep believing the guy isn't the personification of racism. They will see this as him just playing to his audience. They won't see the outright lies he told for what they are.

So yeah, you are probably right, this won't impact too many individuals.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
You know blacks only make up 12% of the population, right? An unsupported call of "racism" that only appeals to blacks the way Fox News only appeals to stupid, racist whites wouldn't do him much good, and is not what we have here.

This country has a history of racism and conservatives are still racist. So, in this, there is no disproof of the hypothesis that racism is involved when no differences are found between events in type and magnitude and the only difference is the race of the people involved.
Don't blame Obama for this being the case, blame yourself for being a racist and making it the case.

Uh what does any of this have to do with the OP? But it's good to see you got the memo to call anyone who dares talk about this video a "racist".

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
lol, look at all the memo readers - "racist" - check. "it's already been shown" - check. Both of which are incorrect. But it's good to see you all marching in lock-step. :p

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
I think the real question is why it was suddenly discovered and simultaneously released on a number of conservative outlets, including the semi-official outlet of the GOP, Shawn Hannity.

This "news" will carry a lot of weight with the committed Obama haters like the OP. To the rest of the world it's another yawner, a political stunt.

It would be super easy to find a half dozen similar speeches by Romney done within the last year or so, especially when he is in full pander to the teabaggers mode.

You mean like his 47% video? So this one by BHO doesn't matter but Romney's was all over the news... lol you people are so transparent.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
The "coverage" it received by most media outlets was cherry picking of parts of the speech as well as releasing of a "transcript". The "transcript" was nothing of the sort, rather it was the script that had originally been created for the speech. A script that Obama deviated from many times. This is the first time the whole, uncut speech has been looked at and compared to the "transcript" that was reported on originally.

How does it scan that Tucker Carlson reported it in the first place, and now is using it again?

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
You mean like his 47% video? So this one by BHO doesn't matter but Romney's was all over the news... lol you people are so transparent.

One distinct factor is that the 47% video was part of this campaign, not the last one.

But that doesn't matter, because this just confirmed what you already thought...

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
How does it scan that Tucker Carlson reported it in the first place, and now is using it again?

Dunno. Perhaps as I said it originally? He didn't even have the full video at the time, just cherry picked releases of it along with the "transcript"?

Feb 10, 2000
Talk about much ado about nothing. This is an address targeted to the interests of the audience, like any other given on the campaign trail, and it is more than five years old. Cry me a river.

The GOP is presently so full of whiners looking for "racism" on the part of the President that it can't get out of its own way (I guess this is largely occurring because so few Republicans care to line up behind the candidate they themselves nominated). I'm not sure when the GOP became the party of whiners, but I'd suggest that you guys wash the sand out of your collective vagina and fight for what you believe in (assuming you can even agree on what that is, which has been an obvious problem for your party in recent years). This post, like much of the Republican effort this year, is indicative of a loser mentality that has long since run out of ideas. You will lose on Election Day, just as you deserve to do.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
Dunno. Perhaps as I said it originally? He didn't even have the full video at the time, just cherry picked releases of it along with the "transcript"?

So the Republicans didn't want to whip this out to win in '08... but four years later it's time to get it out there.

Also, this seems far more a religious speech and a class warfare speech than a racial one.

I did find it delightfully ironic when he said "We don't need slogans...", which has got to be something only a politician early in his career is silly enough to say.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Old vid is old. This is just a rinse, wash, and rerun of an old 2007 story that was already well known to reporters and political partisans... the vid and the entire transcript has been online for years and was beaten on back during McCains campaign...

Oddly enough Tucker Carlson himself who rolled out this old video already covered this on his MSNBC show back in 2007 along with clips from the video. That's an interesting memory lapse...

Wonders why Sean and the Daily Caller simultaneously release this at 2100 and pretended it was something new.... Oddly enough 24 hours before the debate.

Pathetic is pathetic... Almost as pathetic as the people here pretending it's a new story, too. Fucking sheep. Bahhhhhhhhhhhh :rolleyes:

Aegeon

Golden Member
Nov 2, 2004
Obviously to reasonable people these are clearly apple and oranges situations.

As noted, the Obama video was reported by news sources including hostile ones like Tucker Carlson the first time. The Romney video was specifically made this year so it was recent, and while it had previously been posted on one spot on the web, it was essentially unknown prior to recent coverage. (One issue was that the web posting ended up emphasizing a much less potentially controversial statement from the video of Romney.)

The Romney video 47 percent statement was therefore new newsworthy information, with very major factual inadequacies in it. It also engaged in class warfare in ways Republican politicians had ordinarily (at least publicly) avoided in the past, by claiming that most (or really all as Romney implied in the video) in the 47% act as victims who want to keep relying on government indefinitely. The historical Republican claims on this subject were always most people don't really want to remain on welfare and the like and simply need an opportunity to escape their cycle of dependency, so the deviation was newsworthy.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
Talk about much ado about nothing. This is an address targeted to the interests of the audience, like any other given on the campaign trail, and it is more than five years old. Cry me a river.

The GOP is presently so full of whiners looking for "racism" on the part of the President that it can't get out of its own way (I guess this is largely occurring because so few Republicans care to line up behind the candidate they themselves nominated). I'm not sure when the GOP became the party of whiners, but I'd suggest that you guys wash the sand out of your collective vagina and fight for what you believe in (assuming you can even agree on what that is, which has been an obvious problem for your party in recent years). This post, like much of the Republican effort this year, is indicative of a loser mentality that has long since run out of ideas. You will lose on Election Day, just as you deserve to do.

Don't underestimate that a majority is looking for a scapegoat and the President is usually it. It will be unprecedented if Obama can win with unemployment this high. Romney should have been able to lock this all up months ago, but his own shoddy campaigning has given Obama a lead that's held for weeks. The sad part for Republicans is that Romney can't just shut up in the debates -- he's going to have to speak -- and that's just going to continue to hinder his chances.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
Last edited: