Obama's new "on the ground" policy on deporting illegal immigrants

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Nearly all the articles show it's a lie to say Obama has increased deportations. Imho and in most thinking people's minds stopping someone at the border is not deporting them

So we should divert resources from the border to chase down illegals dispersed all over the country to satisfy your definition of deportation which is an obsolete term in the first place?

Why, that'd obviously be a more efficient use of resources, right?

Or we could just build a border fence like East Germany, then have ICE act like Gestapo to root out the illegals in our midst. For Freedom, of course.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Should stop worrying about the border so much and focus more on gang activity.

Just my two cents.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Well, which one are you then? Or are you saying you're all the same person/bot?
Yes, I'm all of them, and none of them, at the same time.

You're a conservative, so your cognitive dissonance and self-delusion will allow you to believe it.

I'd welcome any admin/mod to stop by and state whether my IP address/location is used for anyone else, but I'm not worried about it because I'm not worried about the delusions of conservatives on message boards - just the ones in elected office.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
You do realize that the US was going through a great expansionary period then that required grunts to sustain, something we absolutely do not need (or have needed for the past 20-30 years), right? So when you try and throw that out there as the xenophobic duhversion route, it automagically doesn't fly. Good try though!

You do realize that Nativists have never cared about that?

They've never had reasons, just rationalizations after the fact, like yours. That hasn't changed.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
Yes, I'm all of them, and none of them, at the same time.

You're a conservative, so your cognitive dissonance and self-delusion will allow you to believe it.

I'd welcome any admin/mod to stop by and state whether my IP address/location is used for anyone else, but I'm not worried about it because I'm not worried about the delusions of conservatives on message boards - just the ones in elected office.

If you're not worried why even reply? I mean, I truly believe you might be a thread in a ProggyBot, or, you might be a real unique solo first account person who is Proggy indoctrinated and posts basically the same Proggy sctick as other posters in the same/nearly the same manner.

I guess both are equally possible...

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
You do realize that Nativists have never cared about that?

They've never had reasons, just rationalizations after the fact, like yours. That hasn't changed.

I'm sure I realize that's how you need to view Nativists (lol) to make your argument. It's why I was able to point our your xenophobic duhversion, because I understand the depth of your White Guilt/Bleeding Heart disease.

Nov 25, 2013
This is just a photo op. It is a giant sack of shit. Bunch of lies. They may deport a few thousand people but like 2 million will still cross the border illegally. I heard people are now flocking here from Cuba.

Are they swimming to Florida?

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
If you're not worried why even reply? I mean, I truly believe you might be a thread in a ProggyBot, or, you might be a real unique solo first account person who is Proggy indoctrinated and posts basically the same Proggy sctick as other posters in the same/nearly the same manner.

I guess both are equally possible...
I respond for two reasons.

1. It's nice seeing you explain how your cognitive dissonance and delusions feed into each other.

2. Because this is a message board where I can point out how delusional and cognitively dissonant a typical conservative is.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
I respond for two reasons.

1. It's nice seeing you explain how your cognitive dissonance and delusions feed into each other.

2. Because this is a message board where I can point out how delusional and cognitively dissonant a typical conservative is.

That's funny, I like doing the same thing, just to see which Proggies bite and which buzzwords are floating around the Proggiesphere. I like it when you all start using the same stuff all at once, it lets me know Salon or some e-mail bomb/Facebook indoctrination has kicked off, and that entertains me. :thumbsup:

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
That's funny, I like doing the same thing, just to see which Proggies bite and which buzzwords are floating around the Proggiesphere. I like it when you all start using the same stuff all at once, it lets me know Salon or some e-mail bomb/Facebook indoctrination has kicked off, and that entertains me. :thumbsup:
Hilarious.

Yes, we're all using the same terms. We have to be, because you just said so right there in that post!

Keep on deluding yourself. That bubble of yours is safe and comfortable.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I'm sure I realize that's how you need to view Nativists (lol) to make your argument. It's why I was able to point our your xenophobic duhversion, because I understand the depth of your White Guilt/Bleeding Heart disease.

An the double down, of course. Every new wave of immigrants has been greeted with hatred from nativists regardless of the economic circumstances of the era.

They all talked shit just like you, about the Chinese, Poles, Germans, Irish, Mennonites, Swedes & anybody who wasn't them. We've had intolerant haters since the beginning-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_martyrs

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
An the double down, of course. Every new wave of immigrants has been greeted with hatred from nativists regardless of the economic circumstances of the era.

They all talked shit just like you, about the Chinese, Poles, Germans, Irish, Mennonites, Swedes & anybody who wasn't them. We've had intolerant haters since the beginning-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_martyrs

Did you just double down on your own double down? Why yes you did! Congrats bot! haha! :thumbsup:

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
Hilarious.

Yes, we're all using the same terms. We have to be, because you just said so right there in that post!

Keep on deluding yourself. That bubble of yours is safe and comfortable.

So ironic, so ironic hahaha...

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
And once again.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-obama-deportations-20140402-story.html#page=1

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...amned-lies-and-obamas-deportation-statistics/

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...me-mostly-from-border-dhs-chief-say/?page=all

"That would mean that in a one-to-one comparison with the final years of the Bush administration, deportations of those same people under Mr. Obama had actually fallen, according to immigration analysts who have studied the data."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/04/15/voices-gomez-obama-deportation-record/7562779/

http://blogs.wsj.com/briefly/2014/05/02/5-things-obamas-record-on-deportations/

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/10/19/politics/deportation-record/

and on and on and on and on and on

has been written about how Obama lies about the numbers.

But you on the left are too far up his ass to see it.
Wow. I don't think I've ever said this to you, but that was a very impressive post. Kudos.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Arguing is getting so tiring. I honestly wish the Republicans, useless as they are, would just roll over and let Democrats get everything they want. Double the minimum wage. Hell, triple it for all I care. Unfettered immigration, let everybody in and then throw money at them. Free college for everybody. Maybe we can try price caps on food, shelter, clothing, cable TV service, iPhones and everything else that people "need", that always works well to keep those greedy capitalists in check. I'd love to see how this Democrat experiment turns out.

If it works, great. If it doesn't, I'll have no shortage of schadenfreude.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Arguing is getting so tiring. I honestly wish the Republicans, useless as they are, would just roll over and let Democrats get everything they want. Double the minimum wage. Hell, triple it for all I care. Unfettered immigration, let everybody in and then throw money at them. Free college for everybody. Maybe we can try price caps on food, shelter, clothing, cable TV service, iPhones and everything else that people "need", that always works well to keep those greedy capitalists in check. I'd love to see how this Democrat experiment turns out.

God Damned! Now you're talking sense. Get the dirt bags out of the way so we can go hole hog including the postage. The liberals will keep scientific records and if the data says, not working, they will change the approach and maybe work in some conservative ideas. Trust but verify. Change that is not self sustaining isn't change nor can you fly carrying too many lead weights.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
God Damned! Now you're talking sense. Get the dirt bags out of the way so we can go hole hog including the postage. The liberals will keep scientific records and if the data says, not working, they will change the approach and maybe work in some conservative ideas. Trust but verify. Change that is not self sustaining isn't change nor can you fly carrying too many lead weights.

I've been waiting for a scream laugh post from you, it's been a long run of 3/10's and the like, and you finally delivered! :thumbsup:

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Problem: Xenophobia.

Solution: Give all Mexicans Permanent Residency so they're part of the United States. It's much easier to police the Guatemala and Belize border than it is to police all of the Mexican border.

Xenophilia is not the answer

Last edited:

MatSm

May 24, 2015
It appears that a reasonable argument can be made that post 9-11, more people have been killed or otherwise harmed in America by illegal aliens than by terrorists.We keep going from bad to worse.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

LOL, you're insane Moonfreak. Given free reign, the Democrats would throw all logic and data to the wind.

Pneumothorax

Golden Member
Nov 4, 2002

You can already see it in action here in CA. lol
Surprisingly, only governor moonbeam seems to occasionally apply the brakes to the Democrat 'free-ride' train. The rest of the lock-step twits in the CA senate/assembly just do whatever their bosses in La Raza/SEIU/CTA tells them to do.

marincounty

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2005
What's your point, numnuts? Just because Republicans are shitbags doesn't mean Democrats are not.

Maybe you noticed all of the countries Obama didn't invade?-even though Republicans wanted him to.
Maybe you noticed how the economy and employment have vastly improved since we have a Democrat in the White House.
No, of course you didn't. Republicans and Democrats are the same, right?