Obamacare to be MUCH MUCH More Expensive than promised!

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
The Congressional Budget Office has extended its cost estimates for President Obama's health care law out to 2022, taking in more years of full implementation, and showing that the bill is substantially more expensive -- twice as much as the original $900 billion price tag.

That only counts the cost of coverage, not implementation costs and other changes.
"The bill spends more than the president promised, it covers fewer people -- probably 2 million fewer people -- and it taxes more than was expected," said Sen. Jeff Sessions, R-Ala., ranking member on the Senate Budget Committee.
The first estimates of the cost of the health care bill included three years before the bill even took effect, so there was little or no spending, making the full 10 years look less expensive. Sessions notes that the $1.76 trillion estimate includes only the costs of coverage, not implementation and other costs. He argues that all those drive the price up even further over the first full 10 years of the law.

"The full accounting of the bill is $2.6 trillion. That's a fair and accurate analysis of what the bill would cost, according to CBO," Sessions said, noting how the cost dwarfs the fight over the 10-year debt reduction plan debated last year.

"We spent a whole summer fighting over a way to reduce spending by $2.1 trillion and here this bill is going add $2.6 trillion more in spending."
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...spending-beyond-first-10-years/#ixzz1pBviMVYz

This will only come as a suprise to the liberals who refused to admit what was obvious to everyone else.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
I agree with you about Obamacare, but I'd like to see you make a thread critical of something stupid done by Republicans (something you've never done). Otherwise you're just a Republican shill... as everyone already knows.

Last edited:

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
File this under no shit sherlock. Of course the liberals either were blinded by the halo around Obama or didnt care or both. I'd expect it to double again before it is all said and done.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
File this under no shit sherlock. Of course the liberals either were blinded by the halo around Obama or didnt care or both. I'd expect it to double again before it is all said and done.

Actually, liberals want everyone on Medicare; full universal healthcare. They compromised and accepted this turd and defend Obama for it.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

Yeah actually liberals such as myself want much more government spending than this on health care, we want full single payer health care. The fact that health care is expensive is most certainly a no shit sherlock.

BTW, did anyone notice that the article states that this new analysis shows that the ACA will reduce the deficit by even more than previously stated? Full deficit reduction due to the ACA now tops $1.1 trillion for those of you that don't like deficits.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Actually, liberals want everyone on Medicare; full universal healthcare. They compromised and accepted this turd and defend Obama for it.
This. Obamacare is not a liberal policy. It is a corporatist policy designed to further enrich the medical insurance companies.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
i agree with you about obamacare, but i'd like to see you make a thread critical of something stupid done by republicans (something you've never done). Otherwise you're just a republican shill... As everyone already knows.

Hi Kettle!

Of course, you "forget" I posted in the thread where you refused to post in until I shamed you enough. But hey, why let reality stop you from pretending everyone but you is a shill?

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
Hi Kettle!

Wrong.

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2232485

Of course, you forgot I posted in the thread where you refused to post in until I shamed you enough.

Actually no.. I didn't post my gripes with both parties in that thread. I've made numerous threads which list my opinions of acts by both parties.

But hey, why let reality stop you from pretending everyone but you is a shill?

Your reputation as a Republican shill is well established and a view shared by many. My supposed reputation as a shill is a view shared by one: you.

Last edited:

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
So the wingnuts are "surprised" (and faux outraged) that a projection that goes out three more years than the original projection indicates higher costs? Does a 10-year defense-spending projection indicate higher costs than a 7-year projection?

I must have missed the Obama propaganda where he said that after 7 years health care reform would be free. Can one of the "outraged" right-wingers point me to the "it will all cost nothing after 7 years" statement? And if not, shut the fuck up.

Edit: I'll be if we project out to 2052, we can get an even higher cost. Oh, the infamy!

Last edited:

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
What?? I am shocked I tell you! Who could have possibly predicted that this steaming pile of health care legislation would lead to increased costs? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Now the cost is more than doubling, and it hasn't even been fully implemented yet. It's a safe assumption that by the time it actually starts getting implemented the cost will be a lot more than even this CBO estimate.

Is the media going to blare this all over the news, that trillions more will be wasted as a result of the obummercare debacle? No, it's not, and we all know why (though some of us are either in willful denial or can't accept it because they are blindly partisan).

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011

That you for proving what I said is true. You showed that I had to shame you into doing it. You don't do what you want others to do until someone calls you out on it.

Just like in that one thread where you demanded everyone create a single thread to post a single thing they dislike about their main party, but people posted them in your thread instead (which I am sure made you mad - grr!!!!!!) Until I shamed you there, you refused to post.

You never did post in the next thread like it where you demanded others do what you refused to do yourself.

But again, thanks for showing me correct with your link.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
So the wingnuts are "surprised" (and faux outraged) that a projection that goes out three more years than the original projection indicates higher costs? Does a 13-year defense-spending projection indicate higher costs than a 10-year projection?

I must have missed the Obama propaganda where he said that after 10 years health care reform would be free. Can one of the "outraged" right-wingers point me to the "it will all cost nothing after 10 years" statement? And if not, shut the fuck up.

Well I mean it's a Fox News article, it's not like it's actual news.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
So the wingnuts are "surprised" (and faux outraged) that a projection that goes out three more years than the original projection indicates higher costs? Does a 13-year defense-spending projection indicate higher costs than a 10-year projection?

You fail at reading and comprehension. The new estimate is not for 13 years. It is an estimate for 10 years, starting when the actual changes get implemented. The previous estimate was also for 10 years, but the first 3 of those years would not be much different than existing costs because the legislation wouldn't go fully into effect yet.

What this is saying is that it's going to cost a lot more than what the public was told. Shocking and surprising, I know.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
That you for proving what I said is true. You showed that I had to shame you into doing it. You don't do what you want others to do until someone calls you out on it.

Just like in that one thread where you demanded everyone create a single thread to post a single thing they dislike about their main party, but people posted them in your thread instead (which I am sure made you mad - grr!!!!!!) Until I shamed you there, you refused to post.

You never did post in the next thread like it where you demanded others do what you refused to do yourself.

But again, thanks for showing me correct with your link.

No, I just wanted to see what you'd post in reply. As I suspected, your status as a Republican shill remains in full effect.

By all means, though, continue to divert away from yourself. It makes my point far better than I could.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
So the wingnuts are "surprised" (and faux outraged) that a projection that goes out three more years than the original projection indicates higher costs? Does a 10-year defense-spending projection indicate higher costs than a 7-year projection?

I honestly think most liberals are surprsed and your faux outrage is duly noted.

I find it shocking that you thinking DOUBLING the cost in only 3 years is to be expected. Really? So every 3 years we can expect another doubling, and you are fine with that?

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
No, I just wanted to see what you'd post in reply. As I suspected, your status as a Republican shill remains in full effect.

If you repeat this enough times, you may actually believe it! :)

By all means, though, continue to divert away from yourself. It makes my point far better than I could.

Says the man who only posts such things after I shame him into doing it. Yeah, now you have to repeat your lie to yourself more, sorry about that.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
If you repeat this enough times, you may actually believe it! :)

Your bullshit won't be believed by anyone no matter how many times you repeat it.

Says the man who only posts such things after I shame him into doing it. Yeah, now you have to repeat your lie to yourself more, sorry about that.

It's charming that you think you have any ability to "shame" me into doing anything. I assure you, though, your influence on my choices in this forum is infinitesimal.

What I've said about you is no lie. The only thing you've said that's critical of Republicans is their refusal to repeal something ruled unconstitutional. It was a small post in one of my threads. You've since then tried to claim that it's a very significant criticism about a significant issue. This falls on its face for one key reason: if it was so important why didn't you make a thread about it?

So, it remains true: you never make a thread critical of Republicans and 99.9% of the time never say anything critical of them in other threads.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999

I must have missed the Obama propaganda where he said that after 7 years health care reform would be free. Can one of the "outraged" right-wingers point me to the "it will all cost nothing after 7 years" statement? And if not, shut the fuck up.

Edit: I'll be if we project out to 2052, we can get an even higher cost. Oh, the infamy!

Well done. You got in the obligatory blanket insult, a very nice misdirection of the facts, and ended on a nice little anger upswing.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Well done. You got in the obligatory blanket insult, a very nice misdirection of the facts, and ended on a nice little anger upswing.

It is much harder to support Obamacare when you not only remove all the savings but actualy double the cost every 3 years...so he really had no choice but to attack the messenger.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Sure it is a liberal policy. It is the nose of the camel.
No. It further entrenches the private health insurance industry. Claiming that Obamacare is part of some sort of plan to get to a liberal solution such as a single payer system is like the NRA claiming Obama isn't grabbing their guns now as part of a plot to grab them later. It is just ridiculous.

Edit: So let's scrap Obamacare and replace it with an efficient single payer system with universal coverage.

Last edited:

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
No. It further entrenches the private health insurance industry. Claiming that Obamacare is part of some sort of plan to get to a liberal solution such as a single payer system is like the NRA claiming Obama isn't grabbing their guns now as part of a plot to grab them later. It is just ridiculous.

Edit: So let's scrap Obamacare and replace it with an efficient single payer system with universal coverage.

I agree it is rediculous, but it was a 100% liberal baby from the start.

We will scrap is soon, the SCOTUS will find it unconstitutional and toss it in the wastebasket.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
I agree it is rediculous, but it was a 100% liberal baby from the start.

We will scrap is soon, the SCOTUS will find it unconstitutional and toss it in the wastebasket.

Liberals were 100% behind Obamacare, but not because Obamacare is what they want. They were 100% behind it because they were willing to push through almost any kind of healthcare reform, no matter how bad the reform may be.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Or better yet, lets just scrap obummercare and call it a day, win for all.
No. The current private system is unsustainable. Throwing 16% of GDP at healthcare renders the US unable to compete in the global economy. Heathcare spending under the private model is killing us. Obamacare wasn't a a solution looking for a problem. It is simply the wrong solution to the problem of run away health insurance costs and healthcare delivery costs.