Obamacare now open to illegals.

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jan 25, 2011
You shitheads want to be willfully ignorant, that's your problem. :rolleyes: Obama will do anything to get enrollment numbers up, but it won't be enough.

You're the one ignoring the information we are handing you. It has contradicted literally everything you've claimed without question. I notice you are not discussing it in any way.

You might want to reevaluate who is being wilfully ignorant.

MagickMan

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2008
You're the one ignoring the information we are handing you. It has contradicted literally everything you've claimed without question. I notice you are not discussing it in any way.

The sites contradict each other, but you're too partisan to see it. The Blue kool-aid has obviously hurt your reading comprehension skills.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

The funny part is that in theory he should be happy to learn these things because he doesn't want illegal immigrants to sign up. In reality of course he doesn't care about the policy, he cares about being able to rage against the other political sports team.

Jan 25, 2011
The sites contradict each other, but you're too partisan to see it. The Blue kool-aid has obviously hurt your reading comprehension skills.

And yet you still can't concede that what we have been saying is factually accurate. And the sites don't contradict each other in any way. An illegal can enrol eligible members of their family without repercussion.

One last bit of fact for you.

Federal and state Marketplaces and state Medicaid and CHIP agencies can’t require applicants to provide information about the citizenship or immigration status of any family or household members who are not applying for coverage. States also can’t deny benefits to an applicant because a family or household member who isn't applying hasn’t disclosed his or her citizenship or immigration status.

Generally, Health Insurance Marketplaces and state Medicaid and CHIP agencies can require the disclosure of Social Security Numbers (SSNs) only for applicants, recipients of benefits, and certain people whose income is needed for computing tax credits.

States can ask other non-applicants for an SSN but only if they clearly indicate that providing this information is voluntary, and if they explain how the information will be used. States can’t deny benefits because the applicant doesn’t provide the SSNs of people who aren’t applicants for benefits or recipients of Medicaid or CHIP benefits, or those not required to provide SSNs.

Federal and state Marketplaces and state Medicaid and CHIP agencies verify application information through a “data services hub.” The hub allows the Marketplace and Medicaid and CHIP to securely submit application information. The federal government sends information back to verify the data.

The Department of Health and Human Services and other federal agencies apply privacy and security standards to govern the use and transfer of this information. Applications for the Marketplace and Medicaid and CHIP ask only for the information needed to determine eligibility for health coverage. People who aren’t seeking coverage for themselves won’t be asked about their immigration status.

Information provided by applicants or beneficiaries won’t be used for immigration enforcement purposes.

That is what the site means.

Jan 25, 2011
The funny part is that in theory he should be happy to learn these things because he doesn't want illegal immigrants to sign up. In reality of course he doesn't care about the policy, he cares about being able to rage against the other political sports team.

Yup. Clearly rage beats common sense. Oh well. We can't spell it out any clearer. You'd think the absence of the right wing rage machine in this thread would be a sign.

MagickMan

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2008
If ignorance is bliss, then I suppose I should just sign up with the DNC right now. :whiste:

Apr 27, 2012
If you're going to complain about someone else's grammar, perhaps you should capitalize proper nouns...

Why should I when he disrespects the Constitution?

IIRC, forced ER care was started by St. Reagan the Magnificent.

Yes I know and I didn't support Regan but obama still supports it though.

Address the question for once. How does Obama have anything to do with a hospitals requirement to provide emergency services?

You seem to like pointing out how a debate works. So defend your position with facts.

obama supports the policy, Are you really this stupid?

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
obama supports the policy, Are you really this stupid?

And obviously the first Bush admin. and the second Bush admins. supported the policy, otherwise, why didn't any Republican president since Reagan just undo the policy? Are you really this stupid? It's a policy that won't be changed, ever.

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
Citizenship/immigration status is verified. Anyone not able to prove citizenship or legal immigrant status not only can't get a tax credit, they can't even sign up through the exchange.

This is why Vermont caused a shitstorm when they announced they would have no off-exchange market: the federal government said that was discriminatory against illegals since they would not be able to buy insurance at all.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
Citizenship/immigration status is verified. Anyone not able to prove citizenship or legal immigrant status not only can't get a tax credit, they can't even sign up through the exchange.

This is why Vermont caused a shitstorm when they announced they would have no off-exchange market: the federal government said that was discriminatory against illegals since they would not be able to buy insurance at all.

As I mentioned earlier... Illegal immigrants are forbidden by Federal law from receiving any tax credits.... Yet every year illegals earn over $4 billion in child tax credits. This number grows steadily every year and nothing is done. Jeff Sessions of Alabama tried to introduce legislation to close this loophole. It did not pass.

The only fools here are the ones who don't believe illegals will be signing up for obamacare.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
As I mentioned earlier... Illegal immigrants are forbidden by Federal law from receiving any tax credits.... Yet every year illegals earn over $4 billion in child tax credits. This number grows steadily every year and nothing is done. Jeff Sessions of Alabama tried to introduce legislation to close this loophole. It did not pass.

The only fools here are the ones who don't believe illegals will be signing up for obamacare.

Let me ask you a question...

IF an illegal works and pays taxes, SS/Med should they be allowed to take the credits available?

I'm in two minds on this... for one they are illegal but filing tax returns... For another, They get credit for SSA... but, they can't collect on it being illegally earning what produces the tax to start with.... I don't know how I feel about it.

Last edited:

davmat787

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2010

IF an illegal works and pays taxes, SS/Med should they be allowed to take the credits available?

I'm in two minds on this... for one they are illegal but filing tax returns... For another, They get credit for SSA... but, they can't collect on it being illegally earning what produces the tax to start with.... I don't know how I feel about it.

The way I feel is that the tax dilemma you describe and the ER issue are simply symptoms of a larger problem. Fix our broken immigration policy and these other problems that are caused by that will largely go away.

The problem should be fixed at the root level.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
The way I feel is that the tax dilemma you describe and the ER issue are simply symptoms of a larger problem. Fix our broken immigration policy and these other problems that are caused by that will largely go away.

I agree. Fire the assholes in Washington who don't care about our immigration laws and elect people who do and who will fortify our border and start enforcing the laws.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003

We can reduce by some percentage the illegal alien population by making the penalty for providing work to them really stiff and enforce it big time. IOW, make enforcement pay for itself plus a profit.

Illegal Alien Parents of citizen kids is another issue but one I've no good solution for.

Illegal aliens who neither work nor produce citizens are not a pressing concern at the moment so I think a focus ought to be in order toward the working illegal alien.

I can't see denying medical to anyone in need though.

Allowing illegal aliens the right to a driver license so they can drive legally while being here illegally seems counter intuitive and ummmm nutty.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000

How you feel about this is irrelevant. It is against Federal law for illegal aliens to get tax credits... Yet they do. My point is that saying an illegal will violate Federal law by getting a health insurance subsidy means nothing.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
How you feel about this is irrelevant. It is against Federal law for illegal aliens to get tax credits... Yet they do. My point is that saying an illegal will violate Federal law by getting a health insurance subsidy means nothing.

ah...

OK.

Well... I suppose it is possible an illegal alien could get a subsidy if they could actually get enrolled first. I must agree that the mechanics obviating an illegal's entry into the system is problematic. Therefore, the subsidy may be attainable if it relates to a tax return they file even though the work performed was illegal and the entry to the program was too.

It is illegal to drive faster than the speed limit but almost everyone does it... Obama seems to say that no one can or will drive faster than the limit because it is illegal, I guess.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
This forum has never seen me in a rage, but your trolling is adorable.

Methinks you've donned your troll-colored glasses.

Given that you outright refused to back down when shown the errors of your comprehension, my succinct critique was not made to get your goat, but to hopefully pull you out of your stupor.

Ah well...

MagickMan

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2008

They aren't "fools", per se, they want illegals to sign up, they need them to keep it afloat (since young people have realized that it's a pyramid scheme stacked against them).

MagickMan

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2008
Methinks you've donned your troll-colored glasses.

Given that you outright refused to back down when shown the errors of your comprehension, my succinct critique was not made to get your goat, but to hopefully pull you out of your stupor.

Ah well...

Your perceptions are faulty.

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007

Please allow myself to quote... myself

If someone is signing up through an exchange then their citizenship/immigration status has been verified.

Now, you may quibble about that but the fact remains that blaming the ACA is a false attribution since any alleged fraud is fraud toward the verification system. In other words, blame the illness not the symptom.