Obama takes 767 to see Grandma in Hawaii.

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

blahblah99

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 2000
Well, Obama's grandma passed away Sunday, so it's a good thing Obama took his plane to visit her.

Money well spent.

deftron

Lifer
Nov 17, 2000
Moot point.

The Secret Service will not allow candidates to fly commercial.

The Secret Service does not make candidates wear expensive clothes.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Holy shit OP, you actually wrote this? I heard a few R-wing jobbers spout off about this, but seriously. The guys freaking 2nd mother is dying of cancer and the righty-tighties complain about carbon footprints? What a bunch of d-bags

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Hey wanna complain about the carbon footprint of the hearse they'll drive her around in? Maybe they should just use a rickshaw or just drag her through the streets then?

seemingly random

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2007
Originally posted by: Bitek
Holy shit OP, you actually wrote this? I heard a few R-wing jobbers spout off about this, but seriously. The guys freaking 2nd mother is dying of cancer and the righty-tighties complain about carbon footprints? What a bunch of d-bags
The op was upset and trying to get back at democrits after the beating repugs took about palin's clothing/makeup expenditures.

cliftonite

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Corbett
Originally posted by: evident
op you are an asshole for criticizing him for visiting his dying grandmother. how else was he gonna get there?

Again, for the 10th time, I am not criticizing him for visiting his dying grandmother....

HOW ELSE IS HE GOING TO GET THERE

Originally posted by: miketheidiot
op you are an asshole for criticizing him for visiting his dying grandmother. how else was he gonna get there?

Again, for the 10th time, I am not criticizing him for visiting his dying grandmother....

the how do you propose he went about it, considering the constraints of being the a major party candidate for president.?

Smaller plane and pay for it himself? I dont freaking know. The point is, people here have a double-standard when they complain about Palin spending campaign money to buy clothes, but don't complain when Obama spends campaign money to visit his sick grandmother.

Do the secret service logistics allow for this?

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
Originally posted by: T2T III
The visit to Hawaii to see his ailing grandmother was just an excuse for him to take a few days off from the campaign trail. His real motive was to "try" to locate his original birth certificate - or any other "actual and factual" birth information from the Honolulu hospital. However, that granny angle was a good diversion.

I'm not completely sure that you should crawl into a hole and die for this.

But I'm pretty sure. Don't think I'll be taking anything you say very seriously from now on.

Originally posted by: Bitek
Hey wanna complain about the carbon footprint of the hearse they'll drive her around in? Maybe they should just use a rickshaw or just drag her through the streets then?

I think that's what they want to do with Obama himself.

BTW - Thanks for bumping this thread, it's good to have all these compassionate conservatives on record.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Originally posted by: zinfamous
So whats the difference here? Why is it Ok for Obama to take his campaign plane to Hawaii and not only waste all that money, but also create a BIGGER CARBON FOOTPRINT?

I'd imagine it actually cost MORE for Obama to fly to Hawaii on his 767 than Palin spent on her "shopping spree".

Discuss.

HIs grandmother, the woman who raised him, is dying.

go fuck yourself in a goat farm, Corbett. you're worse than Satan.

hey hey hey! Leave the goat farms out of it.

I'm wondering if Corbett feels proud of himself for raising this important issue & comparing it to a $150,000 clothing shopping spree. (Not to mention 10's of 1000's spent on hair dressers and make-up artists.)

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: T2T III
Originally posted by: Jhhnn
Gawd. I'm starting to love the smell of rightwing fear and hatred in the morning. The reek even passes thru the intartubes.
The only stench is going to be the smell of the rotten caviar from Obama's post-election party since he will have to turn it into a concession party. :D

I marked it and now I unmark it!!!!

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: blahblah99
Well, Obama's grandma passed away Sunday, so it's a good thing Obama took his plane to visit her.

Money well spent.

rose.gif

Sad she didn't get to see this night

:(

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
So whats the difference here? Why is it Ok for Obama to take his campaign plane to Hawaii and not only waste all that money, but also create a BIGGER CARBON FOOTPRINT?

I'd imagine it actually cost MORE for Obama to fly to Hawaii on his 767 than Palin spent on her "shopping spree".

Discuss.
That you're a low life? I think this thread confirms it.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
http://www.news10.net/news/loc...storyid=50052&catid=43

"SACRAMENTO, CA - The California Republican Party filed a formal complaint with the Federal Election Commission Monday, accusing Sen. Barack Obama of violating campaign laws when he used his campaign plane to fly to Hawaii last month to visit his gravely ill grandmother.

A few hours after the complaint was filed, the Obama family announced that the Senator's ailing grandmother had died.

In the eight-page filing to the FEC, the CRP alleged Obama and his campaign have violated five federal campaign regulations, including the use of campaign funds for personal use.

The document says Obama's trip to Hawaii to visit his grandmother was "the right thing for any grandson to do," but argued the trip violated FEC regulations because Obama did not reimburse his campaign for the charter flight.

"That is an improper conversion of campaign assets, that were paid for by donors, to personal use," said CRP Chairman Ron Nehring. "That's something which he should have paid for himself."

The federal complaint drew quick criticism from California Democratic Party officials.

"It's reckless, irresponsible, bad timing," said Democratic Party spokesperson Bob Mulholland. "I have no idea what (the Republicans) are doing. I just think these people are drunk."

CRP Chairman Ron Nehring said it would have been "improper" for the party not to bring the alleged violations to the attention of federal regulators. He says other concerns, involving the Obama campaign's relationship to the advocacy group ACORN, need to be explored by federal campaign experts."

Does Palin pay for flights back to Alaska out of her pocket?

Does McCain reimburse his campaign coffers when he returns home?

Perhaps Obama SHOULD reimburse his campaign for the cost of the flight to Hawaii. He should cut them a check for the cost of a first-class airplane ticket for himself and his family...nothing more.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
If the national Republican party doesn't slap this down hard, it will go a long way to showing the inflexible, obstructionist positions we can expect from the GOP in the upcoming term.

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Originally posted by: Red Dawn

Discuss.

Time to lock the thread due to excessive trolling from Red Dawn!

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com

Discuss.

The lowlife is you.

You did not even update your false, misleading, deceptive, lying and disrepective Title.

RIP
rose.gif
to his Grandmother, hope knowing he succeeded no thanks to the likes of you OP.

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Originally posted by: dmcowen674

Discuss.

The lowlife is you.

You did not even update your false, misleading, deceptive, lying and disrepective Title.

RIP
rose.gif

Whats false, misleading, deceptive, lying or disrepctive in the title?

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: dmcowen674

Discuss.

The lowlife is you.

RIP
rose.gif

Whats false, misleading, deceptive, lying or disrepctive in the title?

I'll pull one of your heroes lines, All of it.

You betcha