Obama seeks 34 million blank green cards, work permits

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
So much for the economic recovery. Looks like we are going to add several million people to the workforce.

http://watchdog.org/178119/obama-blank-green-cards/

WASHINGTON, D.C. — The Obama administration wants 34 million blank work permits and green cards as the White House prepares to issue an executive order on amnesty after the November election.

An online solicitation by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigrations Services seeks vendors that can produce a minimum 4 million cards per year for five years, and 9 million in the early stages.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Govern...y-Prepares-Surge-Of-Millions-Of-Immigrant-IDs

Despite no official action from the president ahead of the election, the Obama administration has quietly begun preparing to issue millions of work authorization permits, suggesting the implementation of a large-scale executive amnesty may have already begun.

I can understand immigrants wishing to become US citizens, but our economy is teetering on the edge of a recession. Do we really need to add millions of new job seekers to the employment lines?

brandonb

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 2006
Well, look at it this way. How many of those are already working and getting paid under the table? Look at that tax revenue it would give us if they were to pay taxes? Not to mention giving them Fed ID #s of some sort so all their unpaid medical bills aren't being transferred to Joe Tax Payer.

There is a silver lining on every dark cloud.

Dec 10, 2005
This sounds like it came from the same people who claimed Obama's trip to India cost $200 million/day.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
Well, look at it this way. How many of those are already working and getting paid under the table? Look at that tax revenue it would give us if they were to pay taxes? Not to mention giving them Fed ID #s of some sort so all their unpaid medical bills aren't being transferred to Joe Tax Payer.

These aren't people who are earning $70K/year. Most will likely receive earned income credit ($6 billion already is file fraudulently by illegals each year), and medical will still be transferred to Joe Taxpayer.

Do you know how much money these illegal workers send back to their home countries each year? Do you think they can now afford to pay taxes (even if they earned enough to owe tax)? These people will now be eligible for more benefits while likely still working under the same arrangements. I see no silver lining.

cabri

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2012
These aren't people who are earning $70K/year. Most will likely receive earned income credit ($6 billion already is file fraudulently by illegals each year), and medical will still be transferred to Joe Taxpayer.

Do you know how much money these illegal workers send back to their home countries each year? Do you think they can now afford to pay taxes (even if they earned enough to owe tax)? These people will now be eligible for more benefits while likely still working under the same arrangements. I see no silver lining.

The only tax that most will pay is SS and Medicare.
But they are now completely eligible for ObamaCare assistance/handouts
And they can legally then ask for additional handouts from other government entities.

It will a drain on the system and the timing stinks; political:thumbsdown:

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999

The last I looked at where I went to high school (south suburb of Chicago, a sanctuary city), it was like $8k per high school student. That's one student and doesn't even count the free lunch, medical, dental, eyewear, and whatever other assistance they'd be getting from the Fed/State/local. Do you honestly believe all these illegals, and those that are legal, have Fed and State tax receipts that even come close to that amount?

When unemployment is down to about 4%, then we can talk about expanding foreign workers (legal and otherwise), until then, if true, this is a total WTFBBQ. Although, politically, it makes total sense - both parties are all about sucking that fast growing latino demographic c0ck vote...

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
and because they are the new privileged class they will go to the head of the line in front of all of you and your kids. Elections Have Consequences.

Dannar26

Mar 13, 2012
Democrats want more voters!

Usher 'em in! Give them stuff from our citizens! It's ok, we're sitting at the top, we won't feel it! /bluehighfive

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
Democrats want more voters!

Usher 'em in! Give them stuff from our citizens! It's ok, we're sitting at the top, we won't feel it! /bluehighfive

Democrats are all about that, and any other bleeding heart demographic they can possibly sob story cry with to get their vote. But don't think for a second the Republicans aren't doing the same thing with respect to the Latino voting demographic - they are. It takes two parties to willfully support, and encourage, a decades long illegal invasion, and both are in full cooperation with each other. This isn't a Democrat only problem...

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Is there a legitimate source for this or is it just shit being stirred up for the midterms?

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
Is there a legitimate source for this or is it just shit being stirred up for the midterms?

That's why I said "if". I have noticed in the past 2-3 weeks a large upturn in social engineering Facebook posts from friends/family on both sides of the aisle. The degree of brainwashing that goes on of the sheeple is truly astounding...

himkhan

Jul 13, 2013
This is what anyone with any semblance of a brain will do to you from now on in any of your TexasTroll threads of the day.

14d0eddbb31c6d5a91843333f8a7844a.jpg

squarecut1

Platinum Member
Nov 1, 2013
Here is a thought experiment. Take out all the legal immigrants / naturalized citizens from America right now. Result? Several if not most industries will collapse overnight. America has and continues to benefit greatly by the talents of immigrants, despite what the talk radio guy says.

Immigration is a time honored tactic on the right to rile up and energize its voters, and predictably around election time, this noise gets much louder.

As for illegal immigration, I am of the firm view that it needs to be stopped. But the right (on the payroll of its corporate masters) supports illegal immigration, but uses the rhetoric for political purposes.

Here is an example from New Hampshire.

New Hampshire has one of the smallest populations of illegal immigrants in the country. Only about 5 percent of its 1.3 million residents are foreign-born, and 3 percent are Hispanic.

But tune into the Senate race between Scott P. Brown, the Republican, and Jeanne Shaheen, the Democratic incumbent, and you might think the state shares a border with Mexico, not Canada.

When someone called a talk radio show to ask Mr. Brown about global warming the other day, Mr. Brown immediately started talking about border security. “Let me tell you what I believe is a clear and present danger right now,” he said, brushing aside the caller’s concerns about the environment. “I believe that our border is porous.”

Footage of agents patrolling the rocky, arid Southwestern landscape is featured in Mr. Brown’s ads — not quite the piney highlands of New Hampshire.

A political group led by prominent conservatives like John R. Bolton, the former United States ambassador to the United Nations, attacked Ms. Shaheen last week with a video that juxtaposed two alarming images: a horde of people rushing a fence, presumably along the Mexican border, and a clip of Islamic militants right before they beheaded the journalist James Foley, a New Hampshire native. The ad was pulled after the Foley family complained.

Zaap

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2008
Here is a thought experiment. Take out all the legal immigrants / naturalized citizens from America right now. Result? Several if not most industries will collapse overnight. America has and continues to benefit greatly by the talents of immigrants, despite what the talk radio guy says.
Why does this stupid strawman always get trotted out?

There's virtually NO ONE that's against legal immigrants coming here through proper channels, who have skills and needed talents. That's not what any of this is about.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Texashiker, please submit all of our names and contact info as character references to the tugboat people with whom you are trying to be hired.

I assure you that you will get nothing but glowing reviews from every single member here. It is in the best interest for all of us, after all.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Texashiker, please submit all of our names and contact info as character references to the tugboat people with whom you are trying to be hired.

I assure you that you will get nothing but glowing reviews from every single member here. It is in the best interest for all of us, after all.

Supposed to call in just a few minutes about a possible job opening.

squarecut1

Platinum Member
Nov 1, 2013
Why does this stupid strawman always get trotted out?

There's virtually NO ONE that's against legal immigrants coming here through proper channels, who have skills and needed talents. That's not what any of this is about.

There are a LOT of people against legal immigration. The title of this thread has green cards in it, which can only be given to legal immigrants. President has no executive power to do otherwise. There are others who have expressed opposition to legal immigration just in this thread alone.

There are entire organizations and think tanks out there whose sole purpose is to campaign against legal immigration.

Zaap

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2008
There are a LOT of people against legal immigration. The title of this thread has green cards in it, which can only be given to legal immigrants. President has no executive power to do otherwise. There are others who have expressed opposition to legal immigration just in this thread alone.

There are entire organizations and think tanks out there whose sole purpose is to campaign against legal immigration.

The objection is blanket amnesty and then granting green cards. There's almost no one against legal immigration- not making illegal immigration "legal" with the stroke of a pen and pretending its the same thing.

Even the example you posted is brainless: as if a senator is just dealing with state issues like a local representative and not national matters like illegal immigration..

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003

< taps sarcasm meter >

squarecut1

Platinum Member
Nov 1, 2013
The objection is blanket amnesty and then granting green cards. There's almost no one against legal immigration- not making illegal immigration "legal" with the stroke of a pen and pretending its the same thing.

The President has no authority to do that. Please know the laws. I believe the OP is probably under the same misconception

JockoJohnson

Golden Member
May 20, 2009

Please enlighten us. Share with us these organizations' names and think tanks' names that opposed legal immigration.

I have never seen the argument made against legal immigration except by those on the left trying to blur the lines between legal and illegal immigration.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
The President has no authority to do that. Please know the laws. I believe the OP is probably under the same misconception

You are funny, I like you.

Obama is not a team player, nor does he care about the law.

Chance are obama is going to act like Jefferson with the Louisiana purchase. Too late now, it is a done deal.