Obama Or Die

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
I was thinking back to how "P Diddy" in 2004 was going around with his whole "Vote or Die" campaign and how ridiculous it sounded in the literal sense. I remember how he made it sound so critical for us to get out and vote, not necessarily for one candidate or the other.

Well now, it seems in this 2008 election, "P Diddy" has skipped the whole "Vote or Die" issue and jumped right on the bandwagon that most blacks have. Apparently its not about "Vote or Die" anymore, its just plain "Obama or Die". if you dont know what I am referring to, its his little phrase he came up with all on his own at the distinguished "BET Awards" this year where the crowd went wild following his mention of his new campaign slogan.

http://ap.google.com/article/A...x2DC6WJaupBcgD91H2SU00

So what does everyone think about this new slogan of "P Diddy's"?

EDIT : Link to PDiddy video

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
it still strikes me as weird that blacks go nuts for someone who is as much white as he is black.

neodyn55

Oct 16, 2007
Originally posted by: Corbett
I was thinking back to how "P Diddy" in 2004 was going around with his whole "Vote or Die" campaign and how ridiculous it sounded in the literal sense. I remember how he made it sound so critical for us to get out and vote, not necessarily for one candidate or the other.

Well now, it seems in this 2008 election, "P Diddy" has skipped the whole "Vote or Die" issue and jumped right on the bandwagon that most blacks have. Apparently its not about "Vote or Die" anymore, its just plain "Obama or Die". if you dont know what I am referring to, its his little phrase he came up with all on his own at the distinguished "BET Awards" this year where the crowd went wild following his mention of his new campaign slogan.

Why should anyone care about *anything* P Diddy says?

People shouldn't be depending on advice from rappers.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: neodyn55

Oh, but they do, they do!!

RightIsWrong

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2005
Misleading thread title FTL!

I expected to come in here and find some stupid, asinine quote from Obama about how the terrorists will surely attack more if McCain is elected and his policies are enacted. Instead of getting Obama pretending to be a Republican politician and/or talking head, I get P. Diddy?

WTF? Change the title so I don't waste my effort next time.

This public service announcement has been brought to you by RightIsWrong.

neodyn55

Oct 16, 2007
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Originally posted by: neodyn55

Oh, but they do, they do!!

Well then these people have other major issues they need to deal about.
Also, I just realized that such people will cancel out those who vote for a certain candidate based on their pastor's exhortations.

-1 + 1 = 0.

Good.

Aug 23, 2000
Originally posted by: loki8481
it still strikes me as weird that blacks go nuts for someone who is as much white as he is black.

Well I'll say it.
It's the "black" part of Obama they like. They have a belief that Obama is acting white, so that white people will vote for him and when he gets in the white house he'll return to his "roots". It's not that black people all agree in what Obama says, it's that a lot of them think of him as their only way to "beat" the white man. I hear people talking like this all day here at work. They couldn't tell you 2 things Obama stands for, though lately, I doubt anyone could since he seems to be flip-flopping more and more.

MagicConch

Golden Member
Apr 7, 2005
I seriously doubt a right-wing black person would get the same support from that group though.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
So according to most of you the only reason the Blacks are voting for Obama instead of McSame is because Obama's black and if he weren't they'd be voting for McSame?:roll:

RightIsWrong

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2005
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
So according to most of you the only reason the Blacks are voting for Obama instead of McSame is because Obama's black and if he weren't they'd be voting for McSame?:roll:

Correct. Just like they did for Alan Keyes. Oh wait.....

In 1988, Keyes was drafted by the Maryland Republican Party to run for the United States Senate, and received 38 percent of the vote against incumbent Democrat Paul Sarbanes, who ended up winning the election.[28] Four years later, he ran again for the Senate from Maryland, coming in first in a field of 13 candidates in the Republican primary. Against Democrat Barbara Mikulski, he received 29 percent in the general election.[29]

U.S. Presidential election campaign 2000

Keyes again campaigned for the Republican nomination in the 2000 primaries on a pro-life, "family values", tax reform plank.[36] In Iowa, he finished 3rd, drawing 14 percent[37] in a crowded field. He stayed in the race after the early rounds and debated the two remaining candidates, John McCain and George W. Bush, in a number of nationally-televised debates. Polls on many television stations went as far as declaring Keyes the "clear winner" of the debates.[38] His best showing in the presidential primaries was in Utah, where he received 20 percent of the vote.[39]. He was also noted for jumping into a mosh pit during the Iowa caucus as part of a segment on Michael Moore's TV series The Awful Truth

Illinois Senate campaign 2004

Keyes finished with just 27 percent of the vote[57] despite winning a small number of southern Illinois counties.[58] Keyes stated the view that U.S. Senators should be appointed by state legislatures and no longer elected by the people, which would in essence be a repeal of the 17th Amendment.[59][60][61]

neodyn55

Oct 16, 2007

No, the only reason for them to vote for Obama is because P. Diddy asked them to (or suggested they die as an alternative)

Butterbean

Banned
Oct 12, 2006

"Stay Home Or Die" should have been the motto applied to all Sean's concerts after the kids that got trampled to death at his oversold NY gig. Sean's election schtick is more about him sucking attention off election than voting in itself.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
How do I feel about (whateverthefvckhisnameistoday) and his campaigning for Obama? Well, I think (whateverthefvckhisnameistoday) is a worthless tool and couldn't care less what he says/thinks. In fact, there's times I wish he would just die.

Oh, and I agree with RightIsWrong. The topic title is completely misleading, intentional or not.

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
I think that idiots always have, and will, spout their political views. What exactly is your point, Corbett? There's nothing new here.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

P. Diddy's a cultural cartoon. I think you're using it as an excuse to vent your own racism. :thumbsdown:

Harvey

Oct 9, 1999

P. Diddy's a cultural cartoon. I think you're using it as an excuse to vent your own racism. :thumbsdown:

LumbergTech

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2005
Originally posted by: Harvey

i was thinking pretty much the same thing..who gives a shit what p diddy thinks

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Harvey

:thumbsup: . . . and I've yet to eat at Burger King since p diddly told me to.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: loki8481

That's a dumb statement.

Sinsear

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2007

No; it's because he's black and he's going to give em stuff for doing nothing. Entitlement programs FTL.

Harvey

Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Sinsear

No; it's because he's black and he's going to give em stuff for doing nothing. Entitlement programs FTL.

More racist bullshit FTL. :thumbsdown:

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002

If you think obama would still be getting 90%+ of the black vote if he were white....

Isnt the norm around 70% blacks for the dem candidate?

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: Sinsear

You can't be this dumb?

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: nick1985

If you think obama would still be getting 90%+ of the black vote if he were white....

Bill Clinton got 90% of the black vote. These numbers aren't that remarkable.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Originally posted by: nick1985

Even if your "norm" was true of all white Democrats (which it isn't), at best you're arguing that 20% of black people are voting for Obama because he's black. That hardly seems like something worth the epic panty bunching going on about it.