Obama Or Die

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Originally posted by: jman19
How many white people won't vote for Obama because he's black?

Nothing close to the 90% of the blacks that WILL vote for him.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Corbett

And that's a problem? BTW I think you mean 90% of the Blacks who do vote will vote for him. Considering who he's running against I'm surprised it's not 99%.

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
I was thinking back to how "P Diddy" in 2004 was going around with his whole "Vote or Die" campaign and how ridiculous it sounded in the literal sense. I remember how he made it sound so critical for us to get out and vote, not necessarily for one candidate or the other.

Well now, it seems in this 2008 election, "P Diddy" has skipped the whole "Vote or Die" issue and jumped right on the bandwagon that most blacks have. Apparently its not about "Vote or Die" anymore, its just plain "Obama or Die". if you dont know what I am referring to, its his little phrase he came up with all on his own at the distinguished "BET Awards" this year where the crowd went wild following his mention of his new campaign slogan.

http://ap.google.com/article/A...x2DC6WJaupBcgD91H2SU00

So what does everyone think about this new slogan of "P Diddy's"?

EDIT : Link to PDiddy video

I just get a vision of Racist bashing Racist. Pretty much a match for the howling ignorance of "B. Hussein O, the terrorist schooled Muslim.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

Good. I'm one caucasion who's glad I'll be helping to shatter the color barrier. It's about time. :thumbsup:

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

Well let's take the 83% of blacks that voted for Clinton and assume that the additional 7% vote that Obama is getting to take him up to 90% is all due to black people voting for him only because he is black.

Blacks make up about 12.5% of the US population, and in this case 7% of them are voting for Obama because of his blackness. This equals out to about eight tenths of one percent of voters. (.0086) Are you seriously telling me that you don't think that more then eight tenths of one percent of voters in America aren't going to refuse to vote for Obama because he's black?

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Obama came to our community college in Illinois and his answer to rising health care costs was to tell people to live healthier lives. He is just useless. He is an idiot. Sooner or later people come up against a brick wall and someone in their family has medical problems that cant be fixed by living healthier. Obama does not care about anyone but Obama.

He seems like the biggest hypocrite on the face of the planet. Dont believe any of his promises.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Originally posted by: piasabird
Obama came to our community college in Illinois and his answer to rising health care costs was to tell people to live healthier lives. He is just useless. He is an idiot. Sooner or later people come up against a brick wall and someone in their family has medical problems that cant be fixed by living healthier. Obama does not care about anyone but Obama.

He seems like the biggest hypocrite on the face of the planet. Dont believe any of his promises.

Now I wasn't there or anything, but I have a sneaking suspicion what he actually said was something more akin to "We need to fix our health care system, but you need to individually do your own part too". (as that is his message normally)

You do realize that Americans' horribly unhealthy lifestyles significantly contribute to our health care costs, right? Don't you think we should address both the fact that our system sucks, and that we aren't doing a very good job? This seems to be the perfect mating of individual responsibility along with structural reform. (although his actual plan for structural reform isn't my favorite)

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

You can't really be this stupid.... no wait, I already know you are.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

Spoken like a true Republican. I like him even more.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: Vic

Spoken like a true Republican. I like him even more.

Exactly. Fools like pisabird only like to hear about personal responsibility when it comes from someone with an "R" next to their name.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
living healthier sure will save my ass when I get hit by a car who runs away and don't have insurance.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Originally posted by: loki8481
living healthier sure will save my ass when I get hit by a car who runs away and don't have insurance.

Attention: People go to the hospital for many different reasons.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

Yeah. Obama is an idiot for pointing out that we're the fattest country in the world and we should try to live healthier lives. Yeah, he's the idiot. :roll:

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
I would imagine that people worried about the rising cost of health care are worried about the rising cost of health care as it relates to unforeseen/catastrophic incidents that can leave people in debt over their head more so than, say, the rising cost of health care as it relates to the price of a burger and fries in the hospital cafeteria.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I would imagine that people worried about the rising cost of health care are worried about the rising cost of health care as it relates to unforeseen/catastrophic incidents that can leave people in debt over their head more so than, say, the rising cost of health care as it relates to the price of a burger and fries in the hospital cafeteria.

They certainly are. And there are tons of unforseen/catastrophic incidents that can be avoided through better health.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: eskimospy

They certainly are. And there are tons of unforseen/catastrophic incidents that can be avoided through better health.

Yep. You do your part and let the government do theirs. Why should only one carry all the burden? It's your (and your family's) life we're talking about.

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000

I thought you were all about personal responsibility, right? A large number of health problems can be avoided or delayed through healthier living. He didn't say it will solve all problems - only a fool would believe that. I guess you only believe in personal responsbility when a republican promotes the idea.