Obama on Imus

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Originally posted by: eskimospy
Originally posted by: Sinsear
"I understand MSNBC has suspended Mr. Imus," Obama told ABC News, "but I would also say that there's nobody on my staff who would still be working for me if they made a comment like that about anybody of any ethnic group. And I would hope that NBC ends up having that same attitude."

Story here.

Seems to be a double standard in the Obama campaign. Apparently if it's Imus he needs to be fired, but the Rev. Wright can be on a campaign committed as a spiritual advisor.

Obama said he was not present and not aware of the comments Wright made, and when he was made aware of them he dismissed Wright from his campaign.

I know you're desperately looking for ways to smear Obama with this, but surely you can do better then this.

wow and you believe him? are you so naive and your support/love for Obama has blinded you to rational thought.

There is NO WAY you can tell me that after a 20 year close personal friendship that Obama did not know or hear what Wright had to say. you can not tell me that Obama who had wright marry him, baptize both of his daughters, attended his services that Obama was totally oblivious to Wrights views.

Obamas speech was nothing more than a attempt to redirect his personal responsibility on who his friends are.

oh and Hillary is now taken a lead in the latest polls.

Sinsear

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2007
Originally posted by: Citrix
Originally posted by: eskimospy
Originally posted by: Sinsear
"I understand MSNBC has suspended Mr. Imus," Obama told ABC News, "but I would also say that there's nobody on my staff who would still be working for me if they made a comment like that about anybody of any ethnic group. And I would hope that NBC ends up having that same attitude."

Story here.

Seems to be a double standard in the Obama campaign. Apparently if it's Imus he needs to be fired, but the Rev. Wright can be on a campaign committed as a spiritual advisor.

Obama said he was not present and not aware of the comments Wright made, and when he was made aware of them he dismissed Wright from his campaign.

I know you're desperately looking for ways to smear Obama with this, but surely you can do better then this.

wow and you believe him? are you so naive and your support/love for Obama has blinded you to rational thought.

That's what I keep asking myself. I can't believe people buy this. But then again, alot of us bought the Iraq WMD story too eh? Sheeple of a different flock, but sheeple all the same.