Obama MORE than 8 1/2 Million Ahead of McCain.

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Corbett
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Originally posted by: Corbett
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Originally posted by: Evan

The economy under Bush was the most stagnant period in wages and real growth since the 1970's. Again, time to accept reality.

That's not what the resident Bush Republican apologists claimed for years.

They continously said wages were rising and the economy was growing and great.

So many liars.

So what does that make you, Mr "Drive for $5" and "Milk for $6"?

Truthful American.

Something you wouldn't know what that is since you hate this country so much.

Let me guess, I hate America because I vote Republican?

and a whole lot more

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: WHAMPOM
Well the righty tighties accuse Obama supporters of making him a "Messiah" and indoctrinating their children into Obamabots?

A great big case of Righties accusing others of what they do.

Look on the brightside.

Now the Religious Righties can really use the term "Intelligent Design" since now we have a "Messiah" as President.

:D

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
Originally posted by: Starbuck1975
you really can't deny this at all.
I just did...there is no correlation between economic prosperity and political ideology. The post I challenged cited 1888...the Republican party was founded in 1854 as a progresive anti-slavery party, and came into prominence under Lincoln.

To say that Democrat policies have been the key to economic prosperity since 1888 is a gross misrepresentation of history.

I'm well aware of the ideologies of both parties and their divergences since the 19th century. Difference is that you're using the definition of Democrat and Republican between 1888 and about the 1960's, and as you know the parties' ideologies split after the 60's. I'm talking about modern day Dems and Repubs (liberal-conservative), and so based on contemporary ideologies (where Dem policies were Repub policies before the 60's), Dem presidents have in fact seen better economic growth since 1888 than Repubs. Now, that doesn't mean Dem policies are superior economically (I think the correlation is relatively small), but it is indeed a real trend. See Jeremy Siegel's Stocks for the Long Run, pp 44.

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004
Originally posted by: Starbuck1975
you really can't deny this at all.
I just did...there is no correlation between economic prosperity and political ideology. The post I challenged cited 1888...the Republican party was founded in 1854 as a progresive anti-slavery party, and came into prominence under Lincoln.

To say that Democrat policies have been the key to economic prosperity since 1888 is a gross misrepresentation of history.

i misread the original sentence, which i thought read that the economy did better under democratic presidents, which is true. It deosn't really mean anything though