Obama MORE than 8 1/2 Million Ahead of McCain.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
To correct some of the FUD that was slung around earlier about this year's popular vote, here's how it presently stands, with most, but not quite ALL the votes tabulated:

Obama: 66,056,046 McCain: 57,838,800

As of 1:30 am, 11/12:

Obama: 66,316,572 McCain: 58,013,719

As of 10:00pm 11/13:

Obama: 66,602,400 McCain: 58,164,693

As of 11:30pm 11/18:

Obama: 67,065,402 McCain: 58,420,587

Mani

Diamond Member
Aug 9, 2001
Damn, only 5000 votes in MO away from a certified landslide. I'd call it a mandate regardless.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
I wish I was like the OP when he took bets right after Palin came on McCain's ticket. Easy money (even though hindsight is 20/20:)).

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Perknose
To correct some of the FUD that was slung around earlier about this year's popular vote, here's how it presently stands, with most, but not quite ALL the votes tabulated:

Thanks to the OP for correcting Republican OP lies.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Originally posted by: Mani
Damn, only 5000 votes in MO away from a certified landslide. I'd call it a mandate regardless.

I don't know what *I'd* call it, but Republicans damn sure better be calling this a mandate, since they claimed Bush's much less impressive victory in 2004 was a mandate. The "liberal" media as well, since they almost universally bought the Bush mandate spin after the 2004 election.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
I don't know, I think a certain someone (Initials starting with a "P") needs to come in here and clarify his earlier stance on this.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Domination!

I wonder how many voters from each side could give President Elect Obama's stance on more then three issues.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

And the total votes are what? compared to 2004? That was part of the previous thread too.

Oh wait... why aren't you posting in that thread? Why YET ANOTHER thread since we already have a thread on this. Oh wait.... I know why...

Deliximus

Aug 11, 2001
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
Still no landslide with Obama @ 53.3% and McCain @ 46.7% (roughly).

landslides are about the electoral college. The system America uses for the Presidency makes even a 3-4% national popular vote advantage a landslide. obama is sitting at 6-7%, which is massive.

If Obama was white, mccain would've died on the campaign trail due to how far he would be behind.

This is a landslide.

eleison

Golden Member
Mar 29, 2006
Originally posted by: Deliximus
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
Still no landslide with Obama @ 53.3% and McCain @ 46.7% (roughly).

landslides are about the electoral college. The system America uses for the Presidency makes even a 3-4% national popular vote advantage a landslide. obama is sitting at 6-7%, which is massive.

If Obama was white, mccain would've died on the campaign trail due to how far he would be behind.

This is a landslide.

actually, 6-7% is not "massive".. Lyndon B. Johnson had 61% of the popular vote and had 486 electoral votes out of 538 or 90% of the electoral votes...

Nixon had even a wider margin wrt electoral college votes.. 520-17 or 96% of the electoral votes..

If I am correct, Obama only has 55% of the electoral college votes. I.e., stop sucking on Obamas cock and do some research...

------------------------------------------------------------------
Yoiu continued to post regarding your fetish even after being warned.

Enjoy your week off

Senior Anandtech Moderator
Common Courtesy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U...dential_election,_1972

http://blogs.tnr.com/tnr/blogs.../03/history-break.aspx

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L...ency_1963.E2.80.931969
http://www.minnpost.com/ericbl...ama_win_by_a_landslide

Feb 10, 2000
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY

And the total votes are what? compared to 2004? That was part of the previous thread too.

Oh wait... why aren't you posting in that thread? Why YET ANOTHER thread since we already have a thread on this. Oh wait.... I know why...

Maybe the reason for a new thread is that the OP of the other thread has declined to update it, and hence the thread title and first post of the other thread (and, indeed, its entire premise) are completely inaccurate and misleading.

kylebisme

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2000
Originally posted by: eleison
If I am correct, Obama only has 55% of the electoral college votes. I.e., stop sucking on Obamas cock and do some research...
How about you stop fantasizing about Obama getting BJ's and do some math? Namely, 365 electoral votes out of 538.

Deptacon

Platinum Member
Nov 22, 2004
Originally posted by: dmcowen674

Thanks to the OP for correcting Republican OP lies.

Cowen..... was that necessary... just because some moron wants to post nonsense or skewed facts... does not mean you need to tack on about all republicans and liars....

that Sir....makes you just as bad as them...

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
The other thread was about voter turnout, and that data analyzed thus far did not show a measurable or significant increase in voter turnout from 2004, particularly among some voter demographics the media framed as otherwise (i.e. the youth vote).

The signficance or magnitude of Obama's victory was never in question, just the demographic shifts, sources of Obama's support, where he made gains against former Bush strongholds, etc.

mshan

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2004
"Obama?s performance with white voters: We took a look at Obama's performance with white voters in all 50 states. In 13 of them, Obama received less than 35% of the white vote. His three lowest performing states: Alabama (10%), Mississippi (11%), and Louisiana (14%). The other 10: GA (23%), SC (26%), TX (26%), OK (29%), AR (30%), UT (31%), AK (32%), WY (32%), ID (33%), and TN (34%). On the other hand, Obama won the white vote in 18 states and DC: CA, CO, CT, DE, DC, HI, IL, IA, ME, MA, MI, MN. NH. NY. OR, RI, WA, WI and VT. Obama's lowest percentage of the white vote he received in a state that he won: NC (35%). The highest percentage of the white vote Obama received in a state he lost: MT (45%).

McCain?s underperformance: Channeling John Harwood of CNBC and the New York Times, we also looked at the state-by-state vote totals. And we found that Obama?s wins in many battlegrounds weren?t solely a result of Obama increasing Kerry?s totals from 2004; they were also because McCain?s performance was DOWN from Bush?s in 2004. (See our ?Unbuilding 2008? section for the stats here.) In short, we saw a one-sided rise in turnout. Had McCain's turnout increased at the same rate as Obama's in many of the battleground states, we would have topped 140 million, which was the argument some in the McCain campaign were making. They needed a HUGE turnout -- and they didn?t get it.

The Graduate(s): Number crunchers have already unpacked the college split for this election cycle to show Obama's gains among grads. (In 2004, 42% of voters nationwide were college graduates, and they split equally for John Kerry and George W. Bush. This time, that number was boosted to 44%, and the vote broke 53%-45% in the Democrat's favor.) But consider this: In 2008, college-educated voters outnumbered non-college grads at the polls in eleven states (CO, VA, NH, PA, NJ, CT, MD, NY, MA, VT, and DC). Barack Obama won all of them -- by an average of more than 24 percentage points. In states that McCain won, on average, 42% of voters were college grads. In states that Obama won, on average, 47% had a college diploma."
http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com...008/11/11/1668426.aspx

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

Ah, so reposts are ok if the reporting changes? got it. :)

If you have a complaint about the moderation take it to the proper forum. You have already been warned about doing this, anymore of this behavior will result in your posting privileges being terminated. Please don't push us into doing something we'll all regret.

Anandtech Senior Moderator
Red Dawn

eleison

Golden Member
Mar 29, 2006
Originally posted by: TheSnowman
How about you stop fantasizing about Obama getting BJ's and do some math? Namely, 365 electoral votes out of 538.

I was at a church yesterday in the heart of Chicago. In the middle of the children's playroom were banners created by the kids all extolling Obama... Now these kids are not even in middle school, but yet they are writing banners and posters in crayola and marks.. I guess its just silly how this "cult" is already starting..

I mean, come on, everyone has there own leanings and political values, but to be zealous enough to indoctrinate your own kids who can barely read and write.... Somehow, I feel like if I'm in some kind of movie where everyone has to extol the "great leader"...

Not to mention, on the bus today, my friend is getting laid off. We were talking about the economy, and I mention that "Obama is going to have his hands full, I'm not sure he'll be able to do it.." Now, in this bus, I could feel the stares of the Obama supports.. They were all wondering if I was crazy or something... Its like they were thinking, "what kind of lunatic is this guy questioning Obama..".. Dude, its my opinion.. get the F back... In any case, even though the election over, I still saw 1 or two people still with their Obama buttons on. Move on people.. He's already won..

This Obama-mania must end.. The worse offenders are the whites who, IMHO, think they are now cool that they voted for a "black" president -- history being made, etc... whoopie do... Everyone seems to be sucking on this guys cock likes it made of chocolate or something... Dude, this guy has done nothing in government except for being elected -- even as senator, he has done nothing. Right now, in a middle of a recession do we really need a to put Obama on a pedestal instead of focusing what is more important?

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Originally posted by: TheSnowman
Removed
Forgive me, but whenever I see your posts, all that jumps off the page is this.

Maybe it's time to tone down your phallic obsession with Obama?

Is this really necessary? If I see anything like this again from you you'll be spending time away from these forums.

Anandtech Senior Moderator
Red Dawn