Obama lied about Benghazi

Page 36 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
Hacks going to hack... Pathetic agenda squashed....

The media can spin it all they want to but they cannot change the facts. Fact is for days after the attack the obama was blaming the movie and the BHO Willing Accomplices Media was right on board with this. We now know the admin. were lying thru their teeth..all of them.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
So you admit that you and the other GOP trolls are clueless? Good to know.

Still shows how ignorant a large part of the GOP has become.

I not shocked by your responce.

"41% of the GOP thinks this is the worst scandal in the history of the US ever. (LOL)

But 39% of those don't even know where Benghazi is!"

Which means 61% do know where it is.

From that link: Nearly one-third of young Americans recently polled couldn’t locate Louisiana on a map and nearly half were unable to identify Mississippi.

If 61% of them know where Benghazi is but 1/2 of America doesn't even know where Missisippi is, you still gonna call them ignorant?

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
From that link: Nearly one-third of young Americans recently polled couldn’t locate Louisiana on a map and nearly half were unable to identify Mississippi.
but our union public school teachers aren't being paid enough money and they're doing such a fantastic job.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Hey some of them think it's worse than Iran-Contra + Watergate multiplied by 10!

It is, how many died in watetgate and obama is running guns to syria. Its the whole purpise of the coverup. Hell even the liberal tom brockaw is asking questions.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
It is, how many died in watetgate and obama is running guns to syria. Its the whole purpise of the coverup. Hell even the liberal tom brockaw is asking questions.

And we all know that asking questions essentially means guilt! At least I know that's how it works for you righties.

berzerker60

Golden Member
Jul 18, 2012
If 61% of them know where Benghazi is but 1/2 of America doesn't even know where Missisippi is, you still gonna call them ignorant?
Uhh, yes, of course. Slightly less ignorant about one than the other, I guess? I also wouldn't as much respect the opinions of people who struggle with the location of Mississippi and Louisiana if we were discussing the likely impact of the BP oil spill, for instance. When arguments revolve around "we should have been able to instantly project force somewhere," it matters where that somewhere is relative to other places.

but our union public school teachers aren't being paid enough money and they're doing such a fantastic job.
No one has ever argued that American grade schools are doing a fantastic job.

berzerker60

Golden Member
Jul 18, 2012

30,000 people died to the Contras that Reagan funded by selling weapons to terrorists in the Iran-Contra scandal.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
Fact is for days after the attack the obama was blaming the movie

You do know that Obama was only reporting what the CIA was told him don't you? It was the intelligence at the time. Amazingly enough, sometimes it takes a little time to figure out who committed a crime. Go figure. Your beef is with the CIA in this instance, not the President.

On September 28, U.S. intelligence stated "In the immediate aftermath, there was information that led us to assess that the attack began spontaneously following protests earlier that day at our embassy in Cairo. We provided that initial assessment to Executive Branch officials and members of Congress . . . . As we learned more about the attack, we revised our initial assessment to reflect new information indicating that it was a deliberate and organized terrorist attack carried out by extremists. It remains unclear if any group or person exercised overall command and control of the attack, and if extremist group leaders directed their members to participate."

Read IVWs post..... I wonder if we are going to get a smoking gun that implicates a Republican in falsifying information to gin up a controversy. This just got alot more interesting.

Last edited:

jhbball

Platinum Member
Mar 20, 2002
Impeaching Obama is nonsense. I do however think he deserves some level of blame. That does not mean he was directly responsible for any wrongdoing, however subordinates know what is permissible by the tone set by their leader. If this sort of thing was unacceptable then people at the level involved would have already have know that. We're talking about the President of the United States here, the leader of the Executive Branch. We hold those elected to too low a standard, and indeed they don't seem to hold to a sufficient one themselves. It's always Bush or Obama, whoever is not our own. No, the person in office is the one who is responsible for his own actions, but unfortunately it's responsibility without real accountability. That's one of the things I would like to see change in our system.

Obama said he was responsible for the deaths in one of the debates, IIRC.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
And we all know that asking questions essentially means guilt! At least I know that's how it works for you righties.

im not a rightie you dumb fuck. if you came up from air from sucking obamas cock once in a while you might know these things.

wrong is wrong I don't give a flying two shits about dimocrat or republitard politics. I put my country before a fucking stupid ass political party.

the bottom line is 4 Americans were murdered in a 6+ hour long fight and NOBODY helped when they were pleading for help. period end of story.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Yea, where was the military response to the embassy attacks under Bush?

I don't think sovereign nations would respond to favorably to us invading their countries every time one of our embassies were attacked.

they were not a prolonged fight with trapped Americans calling for help that got refused. fucking disgusting.

Last edited:

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
im not a rightie you dumb fuck. if you came up from air from sucking obamas cock once in a while you might know these things.

wrong is wrong I don't give a flying two shits about dimocrat or republitard politics. I put my country before a fucking stupid ass political party.

the bottom line is 4 Americans were murdered in a 6+ hour long fight and NOBODY helped when they were pleading for help. period end of story.

Lol. So you are just a non partisan idiot who happens to believe conspiracy theories. Sorry for the mix up;)

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
they were not a prolonged fight with trapped Americans calling for help that got refused. fucking disgusting.

Nope! They were part of a conspiracy to hide Obamas gun running, right? Is this another case of the medias incompetence for not covering the "real" story? Or has your source only come out to you about it?

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
slurp slurp slurp. hey leave some for Biden, he looks lonely.

I wouldn't know what a lonely guy looks like so I'll take your word for it;)

Btw, how do you deal with the smell of your ass? Seeing as how your head is firmly stuck up it.

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
Don't worry, dears, it will prevent Hillary Clinton from being elected just as much as it prevented Obama from getting elected. The same as all of your other "this will be the one that does him in!" scandals, and your faux outrage over every random bit of nonsense under the sun.

You people don't realize that elections are not won by spending years confirming to people already on your side that the other side is evil.

Voters trust Clinton over GOP on Benghazi:

PPP's newest national poll finds that Republicans aren't getting much traction with their focus on Benghazi over the last week. Voters trust Hillary Clinton over Congressional Republicans on the issue of Benghazi by a 49/39 margin and Clinton's +8 net favorability rating at 52/44 is identical to what it was on our last national poll in late March. Meanwhile Congressional Republicans remain very unpopular with a 36/57 favorability rating.

Voters think Congress should be more focused on other major issues right now rather than Benghazi. By a 56/38 margin they say passing a comprehensive immigration reform bill is more important than continuing to focus on Benghazi, and by a 52/43 spread they think passing a bill requiring background checks for all gun sales should be a higher priority.

Gosh, I'm so surprised.

TerryMathews

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
You do know that Obama was only reporting what the CIA was told him don't you? It was the intelligence at the time. Amazingly enough, sometimes it takes a little time to figure out who committed a crime. Go figure. Your beef is with the CIA in this instance, not the President.

Read IVWs post..... I wonder if we are going to get a smoking gun that implicates a Republican in falsifying information to gin up a controversy. This just got alot more interesting.

The CIA’s talking points, the ones that went out that Friday evening, were distributed via email to a group of top Obama administration officials. Forty-five minutes after receiving them, State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland expressed concerns about their contents, particularly the likelihood that members of Congress would criticize the State Department for “not paying attention to Agency warnings.” CIA officials responded with a new draft, stripped of all references to Ansar al Sharia.

In an email a short time later, Nuland wrote that the changes did not “resolve all my issues or those of my building leadership.” She did not specify whom she meant by State Department “building leadership.” Ben Rhodes, a top Obama foreign policy and national security adviser, responded to the group, explaining that Nuland had raised valid concerns and advising that the issues would be resolved at a meeting of the National Security Council’s Deputies Committee the following morning. The Deputies Committee consists of high-ranking officials at the agencies with responsibility for national security​—​including State, Defense, and the CIA​—​as well as senior White House national security staffers. ABC News.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
The CIA’s talking points, the ones that went out that Friday evening, were distributed via email to a group of top Obama administration officials. Forty-five minutes after receiving them, State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland expressed concerns about their contents, particularly the likelihood that members of Congress would criticize the State Department for “not paying attention to Agency warnings.” CIA officials responded with a new draft, stripped of all references to Ansar al Sharia.

In an email a short time later, Nuland wrote that the changes did not “resolve all my issues or those of my building leadership.” She did not specify whom she meant by State Department “building leadership.” Ben Rhodes, a top Obama foreign policy and national security adviser, responded to the group, explaining that Nuland had raised valid concerns and advising that the issues would be resolved at a meeting of the National Security Council’s Deputies Committee the following morning. The Deputies Committee consists of high-ranking officials at the agencies with responsibility for national security​—​including State, Defense, and the CIA​—​as well as senior White House national security staffers. ABC News.

If you're not willing to discuss this issue and keep copy\pasting others comments without supporting what you believe they have to say, simply your ass should get a timeout....

\want to discuss it, or not?
\\copy\pasting as a reply shouldn't be a standard in any debate....

Last edited: