Obama for VP?

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Why would he do this when he is still substantially ahead? He will help hillary's ticket, but she will kill his. I see he could do VP but if he wanted her as one, it would not help him in the least.

Rockinacoustic

Platinum Member
Aug 19, 2006
At this point anyone bowing out of their run could save the party face. Will it happen? Absolutely not.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
If Obama increases his delegate lead after Tuesday, how on earth can he look at his supporters and say he'll take the VP slot? Unacceptable. Hillary is better for VP. She can go to funerals and bake cookies.

RY62

Mar 13, 2005
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Why would he do this when he is still substantially ahead? He will help hillary's ticket, but she will kill his. I see he could do VP but if he wanted her as one, it would not help him in the least.

She's not going down without a fight and I don't blame her, this is her only shot. Things are going to get ugly and B.O. has shown that he can't take a punch. If he stays in it, and I expect he will, don't start crying when the dirt starts flying.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: RY62

She's not going down without a fight and I don't blame her, this is her only shot. Things are going to get ugly and B.O. has shown that he can't take a punch. If he stays in it, and I expect he will, don't start crying when the dirt starts flying.

I think he can take a punch but wants to take the high road. His problem is trying to fight back intelligently rather than just brutally. But, TBH, he can be slow to respond to events.

BAMAVOO

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
They did a scenario on a local radio show here yesterday that gave Hillary the win in all 16 remaining votes. Even if she wins them all, she will still not have the electoral votes necessary to win. Super Delegates would be her only way to win. Would they take the win from Obama and give it to her? Very doubtful.

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
I'm not Barack Obama...but with a delegate lead, I would go all or nothing. No need to kiss rings when you aren't even losing.

Slick5150

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2001
Yeah, this doesn't even make sense. Its just a PR move from the Clinton campaign to make it seem like she's winning, which she's not, and seemingly cannot unless she just crushes him from here on out.

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002
Originally posted by: Dari
Originally posted by: RY62

I think he can take a punch but wants to take the high road. His problem is trying to fight back intelligently rather than just brutally. But, TBH, he can be slow to respond to events.

One way or the other we're soon going to find out what Obama is made of. He's going to have to take some stands now because the momentum has switched to Hillary.

rchiu

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2002
If Obama increases his delegate lead after Tuesday, how on earth can he look at his supporters and say he'll take the VP slot? Unacceptable. Hillary is better for VP. She can go to funerals and bake cookies.

Unacceptable because this ticket is gonna kick Repub's butt big time? This is a good chance for Obama to make up for his only weakness, the experience argument, and become a strong candidate 4/8 years down the road. It will be great if Democrats can broker something so if the Hillary/Obama got elected into the office, Obama can do stuff like brokering peace in the middle east, renegotiate NFTA...etc.

There is no point for Hillary to be a VP. She doesn't need more experience and Democrats have nothing to gain having her as a VP candidate. With Hillary/Obama ticket, Democrats could lock up the presidential post for the next 16 years.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: rchiu

Unacceptable because this ticket is gonna kick Repub's butt big time? This is a good chance for Obama to make up for his only weakness, the experience argument, and become a strong candidate 4/8 years down the road. It will be great if Democrats can broker something so if the Hillary/Obama got elected into the office, Obama can do stuff like brokering peace in the middle east, renegotiate NFTA...etc.

There is no point for Hillary to be a VP. She doesn't need more experience and Democrats have nothing to gain having her as a VP candidate. With Hillary/Obama ticket, Democrats could lock up the presidential post for the next 16 years.

HILLARY CLINTON DOES NOT HAVE 35 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE. DO NOT BELIEVE THE LIE.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Unacceptable because this ticket is gonna kick Repub's butt big time?
At this point, I do not think it will...Obama supporters have their eyes set on the prospect of his taking the Presidency.

His assuming this role will come across as is falling to the very politics he hopes to change...not to mention that even as a VP, he will essentially share duties with Bill on that front.

The Clinton supporters will attempt to pressure Obama into a VP slot...there is no logical reason why he should accept their manipulations "for the good of the party."

Perhaps the "good of the party" should have come into play after Hillary lost eleven straight contests.

SSSnail

Lifer
Nov 29, 2006
QUIT YOUR FRIGGING HATE! DAMN!

Everywhere I look, every political blog, every single Obotsma posts has been Clinton bashing, Clinton hating. ENOUGH!

Enough with the hate, enough with the idiocy. Clinton wins big in battleground states and BIG GINORMOUS STATES that carry a lot of electoral colleges, if you're a true Dem, and not just an Obotsma, you'd think differently.

I bet you that most of the gen-X (that's right, the GEN-X VOTES), naive voters don't even know where to begin with politics, let alone having a thought for themselves. Most of them don't even respect their mother, so it's understandably that they would lynch Clinton. YOU fit that category. Yes, that's you. Look in the mirror. And don't even get me started on the blacks and Oprah votes.

Look deep within yourself, isn't it time you grow up?

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

Hillary does not have any more experience than Obama does. She's just a sequel like Bush Jr was in 2000. And this doesn't help Obama or the Dems (anymore than the Bush II presidency helped the Pubs), because you're not voting for the party, you're voting for a last name.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: SSSnail

Everywhere I look, every political blog, every single Obotsma posts has been Clinton bashing, Clinton hating. ENOUGH!

Enough with the hate, enough with the idiocy. Clinton wins big in battleground states and BIG GINORMOUS STATES that carry a lot of electoral colleges, if you're a true Dem, and not just an Obotsma, you'd think differently.

I bet you that most of the gen-X (that's right, the GEN-X VOTES), naive voters don't even know where to begin with politics, let alone having a thought for themselves. Most of them don't even respect their mother, so it's understandably that they would lynch Clinton. YOU fit that category. Yes, that's you. Look in the mirror. And don't even get me started on the blacks and Oprah votes.

IT'S. NOT. HATE.

We just don't want to re-elect Clinton. Why is this so hard for you to figure out? It's not hate to not want to vote for a particular candidate for President.

What kind of Orwellian mindset does it takes to say "Hillary hater" and "Obotsma" in the same post? How brainwashed does one need to be to accuse people of hating their mothers and wanting to lynch Clinton, while you're supporting the woman candidate who is not there on her own merits and would never even be in contention if it wasn't for her husband's last name?
Seriously. Don't tell us to look in the mirror and grow up while you're behaving so immaturely.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002

Last time I checked Texas was made up of conservative whites and a lot of Hispanics. If you think either group will vote for Hillary over McCain you are delusional. That's why they voted for Clinton over Obama.

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002
Originally posted by: Vic

Hillary does not have any more experience than Obama does. She's just a sequel like Bush Jr was in 2000. And this doesn't help Obama or the Dems (anymore than the Bush II presidency helped the Pubs), because you're not voting for the party, you're voting for a last name.

You can say that till your blue in the face, but it's just not true and anybody with any common sense knows it.

The best thing that can happen to the Dem's is a Clinton/Obama ticket. It would solidify the party and set this country in a completely new direction. They would wipe the floor with McCain and if they did a good job of straightening out the mess GWB has made I'm sure Obama would go on to be President.

A Clinton/Obama ticket would be a win/win for everybody.

rchiu

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2002

Heh, yeah sure. I guess Hillary going around the world since early 90's, including war torn area like Bosnia, speak for women's right in China, visiting refugee camps, speaking to high level leaders around the world don't count as experience. If living oversea counts as experience like Obama claimed, I'd have more foreign policy experience then either one of them. Hillary served in the Senate for 8 years, vs Obama's first term. She was coming out with Healthcare initiative, children's health insurance program and adoption and safe families act back in the 90's. You people can talk all you want, but the fact is Hillary has much more high level experience then Obama in Foreign policy, healthcare, family, trade and many other issue.

MonkeyK

Golden Member
May 27, 2001

Scenario 1: Hillary bows out. I believe that anyone who would have voted for her will vote for Obama.
Scenario 2: Obama bows out. I believe that Hillary will not get all of the votes that would have gone to Obama.
Add to this that Obama will likely have more delegates at nomination time, and it becomes obvious that Obama should not back down.
Hillary, OTOH still has a great career ahead of her, either as a senator, in Obama's cabinet, or as his running mate. (Doesn't help his campaign, but it does help the Dems build a succession plan)

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002

Heh, yeah sure. I guess Hillary going around the world since early 90's, including war torn area like Bosnia, speak for women's right in China, visiting refugee camps, speaking to high level leaders around the world don't count as experience. If living oversea counts as experience like Obama claimed, I'd have more foreign policy experience then either one of them. Hillary served in the Senate for 8 years, vs Obama's first term. She was coming out with Healthcare initiative, children's health insurance program and adoption and safe families act back in the 90's. You people can talk all you want, but the fact is Hillary has much more high level experience then Obama in Foreign policy, healthcare, family, trade and many other issue.

She made a speech in China and that counts as experience?
Going around the world? That's dumb. Pigeons can fly from Paris to New York-non-stop. Visiting refugee camps? Lawdy lawd, Hillaree helllp us.

Face it, her experience is not profound enough to matter.

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002

She made a speech in China and that counts as experience?
Going around the world? That's dumb. Pigeons can fly from Paris to New York-non-stop. Visiting refugee camps? Lawdy lawd, Hillaree helllp us.

Face it, her experience is not profound enough to matter.

LOL @U Obamabots. One day your complaining about her ex-president husband and that people are only voting for the name then the next day your trying to claim she has no experience.

I'm sure she didn't know pick up any experience in her 8 YEARS IN THE WHITE HOUSE.

Geesh!!