Obama Admin Endorses Christian Prayers

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Apr 27, 2012
So when you said "my problem is the government treats certain religions better than others and this is wrong."

What you really meant to say was this:

"my problem is the government treats certain religions as if they are equal to Christianity, and this is wrong."

NO. Why aren't Christians treated fairly in the army? But Nidal Hasan gets to grow his beard.

Why are Christians told to hide their religion yet Muslims get accommodations?

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Hopefully he can learn from this and be fair to Christians in other areas as well.

What religion do the majority of Americans belong to?

And I support that right 100% but my problem is the government treats certain religions better than others and this is wrong. Treat all religions the same.

You're not even consistent in your own damned thread. What it sounds like is you want to pay lip service to fairness while promoting and endorsing only Christianity.

News flash: Not all of us are Christians.

Darkman

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2013
How about endorsing a Jewish prayers as well ... there are plenty of Jewish people in administration and in politics in general to warrant it.

himkhan

Jul 13, 2013
What religion do the majority of Americans belong to?

What person did the majority of Americans vote for twice?

By your logic EVERYTHING that Obama does should be alright then and should be accepted as the majority choice. Not just this one thing.

dud

Diamond Member
Feb 18, 2001
How about endorsing a Jewish prayers as well ... there are plenty of Jewish people in administration and in politics in general to warrant it.

Why are you chiming in ... when you don't even live in this country?

Look up the definition of "troll".

Darkman

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2013
Canada is not much different from US ... just less people .. 10 times less people...

Maybe it should join the US of A ... and then some people can migrate North and develop the land somewhat :)

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
And I support that right 100% but my problem is the government treats certain religions better than others and this is wrong. Treat all religions the same.
Agreed. Kick Christianity out of government offices, as well as any other religion.

Though I'm sure you didn't mean it that way.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
The United States has this thing called "Freedom of Religion" - I know you probably have never heard of it, but you might try looking it up some day.
Yes, freedom OF religion. Not freedom FROM religion.

An amusing corollary would be if I claimed my Second Amendment rights were violated if I see anyone not owning a gun.

I thought the ironic part was that felt the need to make a post, just so he would know he's being ignored. Maybe he doesn't know what the word means...
A brony must always let people know when they are being ignored, to illustrate the brony's importance (which otherwise tends to be ignored.)

Apr 27, 2012
Agreed. Kick Christianity out of government offices, as well as any other religion.

Christianity has some influence but not as much as Islam. Why don't you want to kick Islam out of government offices? obama has supporters of the MB working with him.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Christianity has some influence but not as much as Islam. Why don't you want to kick Islam out of government offices? obama has supporters of the MB working with him.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

you might actually be dumber than you think you are.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
NO. Why aren't Christians treated fairly in the army? But Nidal Hasan gets to grow his beard.

Why are Christians told to hide their religion yet Muslims get accommodations?

is there some christian law governing facial hair that I am unaware of?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
In the army Christians are told to put away their Bibles and hide their Christianity yet the terrorist gets to grow his Jihadist beard. Why the double standards?

so now muslims in the army are terrorists by default?

we all knew you hated the brown people--and it's plainly obvious you have some twisted sort of jealousy/desire to act out in their jihadist ways.

How little respect you have for patriotic Americans that choose to serve their countries, simply because they are brown and not Christian. Why do you hate America and want to destroy it?

What a pathetic and disgusting piece of human excrement you are.

Apr 27, 2012
so now muslims in the army are terrorists by default?

we all knew you hated the brown people--and it's plainly obvious you have some twisted sort of jealousy/desire to act out in their jihadist ways.

How little respect you have for patriotic Americans that choose to serve their countries, simply because they are brown and not Christian. Why do you hate America and want to destroy it?

What a pathetic and disgusting piece of human excrement you are.

The terrorist Nidal Hassan you moron. I was specifically talking about him and you purposely ignored what I said.

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001

Clearly, you missed something, though that was likely intentional on your part.

An amusing corollary would be if I claimed my Second Amendment rights were violated if I see anyone not owning a gun.
More accurate: The Second Amendment grants you the right to have a gun. It doesn't require that you have one.

Last edited:

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000

A brony must always let people know when they are being ignored, to illustrate the brony's importance (which otherwise tends to be ignored.)

Actually it is both freedom of AND freedom FROM religion. The only way for government to not endorse a religion or prohibit the free practice of is if government itself is free from the influences of religion. The government should be 100% secular in practice even if the individual members are not secular in belief.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005

Please provide names of these supporters of the Muslim brotherhood. I can see the the congressional hearings now. "I have in my hand the names of 30 supporters of the Muslim Brotherhood who are acting as a fifth column to pollute our natural essences and eliminate bacon from America!"

Btw we are still waiting for evidence of death panels. Are you going to provide or have you bailed and ran with your tail between your legs?

Apr 27, 2012
Clearly, you missed something, though that was likely intentional on your part.

More accurate: The Second Amendment grants you the right to have a gun. It doesn't require that you have one.

Yes you mentioned other religions but you specifically mentioned Christianity and didn't name the other religions. Supporters of the MB work with the obama administration.