Nvidia new driver enables 4k@60HZ via hdmi

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KaRLiToS

Golden Member
Jul 30, 2010
Not sure there are a lot of normal joe's with 4k monitors at this point...

Yeah but if you have the choice between a AMD R9 290x with HDMI 1.4b and a GTX 780 which the consumer might believe is a HDMI 2.0 card, the consumer will choose the HDMI 2.0 card even if he doesn't have a 4k panel.

Marketing 101.

EXTREME_e346a5_1464490.jpg

Another cheat / hack from one of our favorite GPU company. :(

Last edited:

exar333

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2004
I think the lesson here is to use DP until HDMI 2.0 is released. DP has been superior for some time anyway, so I really don't get why a lot of people use HDMI other than for HTPC or as a secondary connection.

TerryMathews

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Yeah but if you have the choice between a AMD R9 290x with HDMI 1.4b and a GTX 780 which the consumer might believe is a HDMI 2.0 card, the consumer will choose the HDMI 2.0 card even if he doesn't have a 4k panel.

Marketing 101.

EXTREME_e346a5_1464490.jpg

Another cheat / hack from one of our favorite GPU company. :(
so, your opinion is that Nvidia shouldn't have created this feature which benefits early adopters because it might lead to market confusion?

That's a ridiculous assertion. I ask you again, can I get a list of features you don't approve of so we can work on getting them depreciated?

KaRLiToS

Golden Member
Jul 30, 2010
so, your opinion is that Nvidia shouldn't have created this feature which benefits early adopters because it might lead to market confusion?

That's a ridiculous assertion. I ask you again, can I get a list of features you don't approve of so we can work on getting them depreciated?

What? This is really on the edge of trolling.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.