nVidia 3080 reviews thread

Page 11 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BFG10K

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
Written:

Video:

Last edited:

Whitestar127

Dec 2, 2011
Wanted to throw out a personal recommendation for the Asus 3080 Tuf Gaming OC. Installed it in my NZXT H1 case which isn't know for it's cooling capabilities. The card after a full session of CP2077 at 4k ultra rt w/dlss never saw temps go above 65C. Can't speak for fan noise as I sit about 10 feet away and have an Atmos setup which overpowers everything. For comparison, the prior EVGA 2080 Super XC would get near 80C very quickly and took awhile to cool down. Good balance of size, thermals and performance. Plus the build quality feels great. Compared to my EVGA 3090 FTW3, this card feels like a solid piece of metal and lacks the plastic embellishments.
Glad to hear it! It's the one I'm planning to get, despite Nvidia doing their best to stop me from bying anything from them apparently.

If it hadn't been for this one game (Assetto Corsa Competizione) that I play a lot then I would have gone for the 6800XT without hesitation. But sadly that game just doesn't like AMD's cards.

Funnily enough my decision to buy it is based mostly on the high recommendations it got from Hardware Unboxed. Oh the irony!