NV: Everything under control. 512-Fermi may appear someday. Yields aren't under 20%

Page 27 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BenSkywalker

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Prove your claim or shut your mouth. That isn't a threat of physical violence, that is you needing to prove you aren't an ignorant liar. It is a credibility question- my claim is that you are completely full of shit, a bald face liar who knows nothing of what he is talking about. If you say I am wrong- show me where I stole that quote from.

I'm not fat like you

Never in my life, even when I was a baby, have I ever been called fat :)

evolucion8

Platinum Member
Jun 17, 2005
Prove your claim or shut your mouth. That isn't a threat of physical violence, that is you needing to prove you aren't an ignorant liar. It is a credibility question- my claim is that you are completely full of shit, a bald face liar who knows nothing of what he is talking about. If you say I am wrong- show me where I stole that quote from.

Never in my life, even when I was a baby, have I ever been called fat :)

My claim is that you are full of shit, a nvidia fan boy, a troll who loves to spread fud and hypocresy across the forum. You are no better than Rollo or Wreckage. :awe:

This little exchange of posts has earned you a week off. -Admin DrPizza

Last edited by a moderator:

Keysplayr

Elite Member
Jan 16, 2003
Guys, can we chillax with the baby sh*t please? Think about what you're discussing here. It's no longer video cards. It's personal. Take it to PM's? I don't want to see this crap.

Voo

Golden Member
Feb 27, 2009
My claim is that you are full of shit,
No actually your claim was that Ben plagiarized his explanation, which you obviously couldn't back up so you took refuge in insulting.. Ben may be a fanboy but in that case you're a rude fanboy, great.. much better.

evolucion8

Platinum Member
Jun 17, 2005
No actually your claim was that Ben plagiarized his explanation, which you obviously couldn't back up so you took refuge in insulting.. Ben may be a fanboy but in that case you're a rude fanboy, great.. much better.

I will not fall with your baiting, so if you don't have nothing positive to apport to the thread, just don't do it and stop throwing fuel to the fire. Thanks.

I could just take any article from the net, put words on it and claim that's mine.

Last edited:

Keysplayr

Elite Member
Jan 16, 2003
I will not fall with your baiting, so if you don't have nothing positive to apport to the thread, just don't do it and stop throwing fuel to the fire. Thanks.

I could just take any article from the net, put words on it and claim that's mine.

When did you do that?

MrK6

Diamond Member
Aug 9, 2004
It’s universal and all signs point to it being an architectural decision. The 5000 series is angle invariant but it also undersamples compared to nVidia’s parts. This causes visible transitions during in-game movement and also reduced sharpness compared to nVidia’s parts. The tester app also showed more texture aliasing at closer distances.

The AF on the GF100 is the same as it on the G8x/G9x/GT2xx, but there have been notable changes to AA. I’ll be doing a full IQ piece on the GF100 soon, and I’m already constructing a mental image of what I want to cover.
Thanks for responding, I'll definitely have to give your article a read.

AF and SSAA are two completely different things. They can affect each other, but they’re a completely different class of image enhancement. nVidia’s hidden SSAA is exactly the same as ATi’s (and it also allows decoupled samples) so when both are in operation with AF, nVidia’s parts still look better.
I never said they were the same thing, but the effects of SSAA seem to override the effects of AF. Any game I turn on with SSAA, the textures automatically get slightly blurry, I'll assume due to the downsampling. If this isn't the norm or we're talking about different things, I'd be interested to know.

extra

Golden Member
Dec 18, 1999
Thanks for responding, I'll definitely have to give your article a read.

I never said they were the same thing, but the effects of SSAA seem to override the effects of AF. Any game I turn on with SSAA, the textures automatically get slightly blurry, I'll assume due to the downsampling. If this isn't the norm or we're talking about different things, I'd be interested to know.

This is from a lame mmo player perspective.. (everquest 2, yeah, so sue me i'm lame) I have a gtx470 in my main system and a 5770 in mah 2nd box. So this is from a dx9 point of view:

1. On the gtx470: SSAA doesn't seem to override AF. However, it does make the lack of it much less noticeable if you turn it off. This is forcing it on in nHancer, 2x or 3x SSAA. DX9 games. I don't know as far as dx10/11 stuff.

2. The 5770 does get more blurry when you turn super sampling AA on. However...if you download a 3rd party tweak proggie and set the LOD to the negative a little bit, it will eliminate it--it seems to be slightly more effective at stabilizing the image, as well. :) Hassle though to tweak the LOD.

They each have advantages...obviously the gtx470 is in another price bracket, but the 32x CSAA mode works great with very little performance hit, as does the transparency AA. However, the game that I mainly play hardly uses shaders at all, and the 5770's edge detect AA performs extremely well and looks *amazing*. Both drivers are solid.

I think the transparency supersampling mode on nvidia's card is less "glitchy" than the ati one. HOWEVER, ati's multi-sampling transparency aa actually works, nvidia's seems to just do horrible horrible things to many objects, like make them black, lol.

extra

Golden Member
Dec 18, 1999
Guys, can we chillax with the baby sh*t please? Think about what you're discussing here. It's no longer video cards. It's personal. Take it to PM's? I don't want to see this crap.

Amen...I would love to see some more in depth discussion on the AA modes on both nvidia and ati cards...some of them can be quite confusing as to how they actually work. Especially once you get into the combo modes provided by nHancer!

A_Dying_Wren

Apr 30, 2010
You are the one who think that you are the tough internet guy, telling people to shut their mouth, who the hell you think you are? Standing behind a keyboard defying people, that's funny dummy :awe:. I'm certainly sure that you wouldn't say it in my face, sure for that. So va a' forti fottere.

I may not weight 350lbs or being 7f tall, but I'm not fat like you :p

To be fair you did accuse him of a rather serious offense apparently completely unjustly which you had no right to do so. Might you have more to contribute besides such pettiness?

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
Fun observation:

The thread title fell flat on it's face, but it divirged into a healthy, informative thread...but now AMD's fan troll the thread, hoping to get it shut down...:hmm:

One of the trolls is gone for a week. Please get the conversation back on topic. If there are further problems, please resort to the report post button rather than sidetracking on the real discussion to talk about the trolls. Thanks - Admin DrPizza

Last edited by a moderator: