Nunes Aide Is Leaking the Ukraine Whistleblower’s Name, Sources Say

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TeeJay1952

Golden Member
May 28, 2004
I want desperately to heal the rift in our politics. Republicans are making it so difficult.:mad:

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Then it would simply be Nunes himself who did the leak on the House floor. I've already raised this point on the threads about Congress allowing themselves unfettered access to any tax return. With Congress Critters having absolute immunity under the "Speech and Debate" clause of the Constitution there's literally zero limits on them destroying anyone's privacy on a whim or to gain momentary political advantage. Today it's the whistleblower's name, tomorrow it's reading someone's medical reports, whatever.

Then lock Nunes the fuck up if that happens. As for the rest of your post, I'll let you speculate as to why I find it offensive.

Reactions: Perknose

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Nunes continues to prove over and over again that he is basically a piece of shit.

Last edited:

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Devin Nunes is an indefensible POS, but let’s not pretent the media isn’t salivating at the idea of exposing who the whistleblower is, not to mention the exhaustive invasion of privacy that the whistleblower will inevitably suffer

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Devin Nunes is an indefensible POS, but let’s not pretent the media isn’t salivating at the idea of exposing who the whistleblower is, not to mention the exhaustive invasion of privacy that the whistleblower will inevitably suffer

Why does that matter? The media doesn’t have a duty to protect his identity - Nunes does.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Knowing the media's history they probably wouldn't publish. Some right wing rag however will. Any credible main stream media outlet who came out first with the name would suffer for it. The media knew the name of Mark Felt and hid it until he died.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Why does that matter? The media doesn’t have a duty to protect his identity - Nunes does.

We're getting the "They're just as bad!" routine.

Exposing the whistleblower is just another aspect of the stochastic terrorism the GOP loves so well. Inflame the crazies in their base? Sure, why not? They figure it'll never get to them.

Last edited:

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Yes, just as with Barr’s investigation into federal law enforcement this is intended to send a clear message that you expose the president’s criminal activity at your own risk.

Think how far we have fallen.
The whole Barr investigating his own justice Dept is just mind-boggling, the FISA warrant process is a lengthy and complex process that has to approved by Federal judges and now this buffoon is flying around the world looking for ghosts?. I hope all these amoral asshole's realize they are cementing their name's in history as the one's that possibly ruined our democracy.

Reactions: SteveGrabowski

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Then it would simply be Nunes himself who did the leak on the House floor. I've already raised this point on the threads about Congress allowing themselves unfettered access to any tax return. With Congress Critters having absolute immunity under the "Speech and Debate" clause of the Constitution there's literally zero limits on them destroying anyone's privacy on a whim or to gain momentary political advantage. Today it's the whistleblower's name, tomorrow it's reading someone's medical reports, whatever.
You see, this is why every POTUS or even most candidates have released their tax returns for scrunity, going back to Eisenhower. Oh, except one, TRUMP, "it's under audit" was the laughable excuse then no excuse was given, what's up with that?.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Reported shouting could be heard between and Republican and Democrat at questioning of Vindman. GOP trying to out whistleblower by naming everyone around them. Process of elimination. Democrats put a stop to it.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Reported shouting could be heard between and Republican and Democrat at questioning of Vindman. GOP trying to out whistleblower by naming everyone around them. Process of elimination. Democrats put a stop to it.

Desperate scumbags.

Jan 25, 2011

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
It is criminal to release the identity of the whisteblower, but grossly irresponsible to publish it. Trump era politics would be impossible without social media.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
It is criminal to release the identity of the whisteblower, but grossly irresponsible to publish it. Trump era politics would be impossible without social media.
The media & social media aren't the same thing.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009

So, please tell me....why are Republicans seemingly so intent on getting the whistleblower's name out there in the first place? It seems to me someone is salivating to get his name out there, and it isn't the media or Democrats.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
So, please tell me....why are Republicans seemingly so intent on getting the whistleblower's name out there in the first place? It seems to me someone is salivating to get his name out there, and it isn't the media or Democrats.

They claim they want to talk to the whistleblower, as if his or her testimony is somehow relevant to the process. Which is odd, because it was they who claimed that the whistleblower had no firsthand knowledge of the issues he or she complained of, back when it was just the whistleblower. But now that they're deposing the people who do have firsthand knowledge, somehow the whistleblower is the one whose testimony really matters. Like all GOP talking points, upon a mere moment's reflection, things just don't seem to quite add up...

Yet in spite of these odd lapses in logic, Devin Nunes, his cow, his mom, and even his cow's mom, want you to know that they know what they're doing and everything is just A-OK.

Last edited: