Nunes Aide Is Leaking the Ukraine Whistleblower’s Name, Sources Say

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Derek Harvey, a former intelligence analyst, has also been spreading disinformation about an aide to Adam Schiff.

"Derek Harvey, who works for Nunes, the ranking Republican on the House intelligence committee, has provided notes for House Republicans identifying the whistleblower’s name ahead of the high-profile depositions of Trump administration appointees and civil servants in the impeachment inquiry. The purpose of the notes, one source said, is to get the whistleblower’s name into the record of the proceedings, which committee chairman Adam Schiff has pledged to eventually release. In other words: it’s an attempt to out the anonymous official who helped trigger the impeachment inquiry.

[...]

The whistleblower is not Harvey’s only target. Another is a staffer for the House intelligence committee Democrats whom The Daily Beast has agreed not to name due to concerns about reprisals against the staffer. Harvey, both sources said, has spread a false story alleging that the whistleblower contacted the staffer ahead of raising internal alarm about President Trump’s July 25th phone call attempting to get a “favor” from Ukrainian President Volodomyr Zelensky to damage Trump’s rival Joe Biden. In right-wing circles, contact with Schiff is meant to discredit the whistleblower as partisan.

The eagerness of Republicans to go after the intelligence committee staffer so alarmed Democrats that they raised the issue with GOP leadership, according to a senior official on the intelligence committee."

^^^ Scumbag aide to a scumbag congressman indulging in scumbaggery. Your typical modern day Republican. :(

Reactions: BUTCH1

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
We're both up late! Anyway, this is getting so sad and pathetic I almost can't believe it, almost. At this point, I just want this sort of corruption to stop. I mean, how do these republican congress critters and staffers even function? How do you molest, harangue, besmirch and destroy other people's lives and reputations and then go home and hug your kids at night? Are they all psychopaths?

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
So because Trump and some of his lackeys are nailed dead to rights on their crimes against the nation, the Repubs have decided to employ subterfuge, sabotage, skullduggery, etc. etc. in order to get those crooks off the hook? Is that really a plan?

The Repubs are behaving like a defeated retreating army burning everything into ash behind them so as to deny the advancing enemy any use of what could have remained.

mect

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2004
If he does, someone should dox the leakers private information all over the internet. If the law won't provide justice, hopefully the people will.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
You can't argue with Trump supporters. They are die-hard to say the least.
My Donald Trump loving sister was spreading around on social media that fake news of Nancy Pelosi diverting social security retirement money to fund the house impeachment investigation. And people on social media were eating it up as if it were all true, as if Nancy Pelosi had the power to divert any government money yet alone social security money solely on her own.
I guess it does show some progress when Trumpies believe Nancy Pelosi has such amazing powers.
Trumpies will believe whatever they want to believe and that includes house and senate republicans.
Exactly as Vladimir Putin wants it.
Truly pathetic.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Careful you'll offend some Repuglicans who would totally vote for a Democrat if you didn't call their Representative a bad man.

Like I’ve always said you can tell when conservatives are ashamed of something. Not because they won’t do it, because in the end they have no morals or principles, but because they will say the Democrats made them do it.

I’m really looking forward to the avalanche of takes from republicans who say Trump is a mentally ill criminal but they have no choice but to vote for him or vote third party because the Democrats nominated a democrat.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I have yet to hear any of those Trump loving stooges refute ANY relevant fact brought forth by the whistleblowers.

Still arguing process, and they just deflect.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I have yet to hear any of those Trump loving stooges refute ANY relevant fact brought forth by the whistleblowers.

Still arguing process, and they just deflect.

It is kind of amazing when you think about it. Since they are clearly unable to rebut voluminous evidence of the president being a criminal they don’t decide to remove him, they just change their tactics to defend him.

They are all complicit and should be held accountable.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Will serve no immediate purpose other than to endanger the whistle blowers life, which Trump has casually suggested should be killed (either executed or assassinated, TBD.)

Impeachment hearings are far beyond the WB complaint.

This is only for revenge and intimidation to witnesses of Trump's vast array of crimes.

Republicans should reconsider if they want to maintain any shred of patriotism, law and order and faithfulness to the Constitution.

They won't of course.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Will serve no immediate purpose other than to endanger the whistle blowers life, which Trump has casually suggested should be killed (either executed or assassinated, TBD.)

Impeachment hearings are far beyond the WB complaint.

This is only for revenge and intimidation to witnesses of Trump's vast array of crimes.

Republicans should reconsider if they want to maintain any shred of patriotism, law and order and faithfulness to the Constitution.

They won't of course.

Yes, just as with Barr’s investigation into federal law enforcement this is intended to send a clear message that you expose the president’s criminal activity at your own risk.

Think how far we have fallen.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
It is kind of amazing when you think about it. Since they are clearly unable to rebut voluminous evidence of the president being a criminal they don’t decide to remove him, they just change their tactics to defend him.

They are all complicit and should be held accountable.

We'll find that we are all held to account, should Republicans succeed at ending the rule of law.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
We'll find that we are all held to account, should Republicans succeed at ending the rule of law.

I agree and I think people vastly underestimate the danger that we are in. People mostly just think about whether or not Trump will be held accountable for his criminal activity. They don’t spend nearly enough time thinking like you say here, that they might win and those standing up for the country will he the ones ‘held accountable’.

People should be extremely afraid because we are not that far from a right wing overthrow of the constitutional order we have enjoyed for two centuries.

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004
It's almost unbelievable the level of stupid I read and hear every day. There is no level of mental gymnastics these crazy people won't go to just to justify anything that the conservatives tell them is the truth. DJT could literally walk up to them and slap them in the face, and somehow they'd walk away wondering why the Demoncrats made him do it, because he's innocent, it's the deep state after all.

The things that would normally give a person pause like exposing a whistle-blower aren't even a consideration despite coming back to bite them in the ass at a later date. In a way the Democrats are in a good position. The Republicans are burning everything to the ground despite knowing that they are only obfuscating and the truth is not on their side. They will not win in the end simply because the facts and evidence are not there, yet they persist anyway, and in the end the same illegal/immoral tactics they tried unsuccessfully to use will likely be used against them at a later date. That's a win/win for the truth.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
It's almost unbelievable the level of stupid I read and hear every day. There is no level of mental gymnastics these crazy people won't go to just to justify anything that the conservatives tell them is the truth. DJT could literally walk up to them and slap them in the face, and somehow they'd walk away wondering why the Demoncrats made him do it, because he's innocent, it's the deep state after all.

The things that would normally give a person pause like exposing a whistle-blower aren't even a consideration despite coming back to bite them in the ass at a later date. In a way the Democrats are in a good position. The Republicans are burning everything to the ground despite knowing that they are only obfuscating and the truth is not on their side. They will not win in the end simply because the facts and evidence are not there, yet they persist anyway, and in the end the same illegal/immoral tactics they tried unsuccessfully to use will likely be used against them at a later date. That's a win/win for the truth.

They are betting the truth doesn’t matter and they may be right.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
If this happens, lock him the fuck up.

Then it would simply be Nunes himself who did the leak on the House floor. I've already raised this point on the threads about Congress allowing themselves unfettered access to any tax return. With Congress Critters having absolute immunity under the "Speech and Debate" clause of the Constitution there's literally zero limits on them destroying anyone's privacy on a whim or to gain momentary political advantage. Today it's the whistleblower's name, tomorrow it's reading someone's medical reports, whatever.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Then it would simply be Nunes himself who did the leak on the House floor. I've already raised this point on the threads about Congress allowing themselves unfettered access to any tax return. With Congress Critters having absolute immunity under the "Speech and Debate" clause of the Constitution there's literally zero limits on them destroying anyone's privacy on a whim or to gain momentary political advantage. Today it's the whistleblower's name, tomorrow it's reading someone's medical reports, whatever.

lordy

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

That argument was always super weird - that only the executive branch should be able to publish Americans' tax returns with impunity, haha. Of course Congress should have unfettered access to any tax return, it would be bizarre if they didn't.

Spoiler alert for you: if a member of Congress wants to destroy your life releasing your tax returns is one of the mildest ways they could do that.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Except that's not what's happening so it doesn't matter.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Devin Nunes is the worst thing to come out of Tulare, CA. Tularemia is now the second worst :)

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I thought only Chairman of Ways and Means can request that?