NSC Advisor Mike Flynn

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

How long will Mike Flynn last on the NSC?

• One week

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • two weeks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • one month

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Two months

• Three months

• Six Months

• One Year

• More than a year.

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Now if we just get rid of the white supremacist in the White House.

Flynn only got the boot because he made the administration look really bad. They knew the intel on him all along, and it never bothered them much. Bannon et al certainly see how it is if they were ever unwise to it and won't make the same mistake.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Flynn only got the boot because he made the administration look really bad. They knew the intel on him all along, and it never bothered them much. Bannon et al certainly see how it is if they were ever unwise to it and won't make the same mistake.

President Bannon looks good ?

Yeah I know, even the slightly filled current Administration looks like a bunch of fools.

I'll rephrase that, the people that voted to allow the appointments look foolish.

baydude

Sep 13, 2011
What was Flynn thinking even taking that call? What was the motive and why couldn't he wait a few weeks?

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
Remember how Trump was going ballistic over Hillarys emails and saying she couldnt be trusted with the nations security? Karma is a bitch.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
What was Flynn thinking even taking that call? What was the motive and why couldn't he wait a few weeks?

Uh... He's been in contact with the Russians for way longer than that.

Here's Flynn sitting right next to putin at an RT (Russia today) sponsored dinner just this past year.

imrs.php

Reactions: ch33zw1z

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I can't hardly wait for the full on investigation results. There's a couple trump supporters in my life who I love to harass

I call this presidency "the big con". At least one person is on ACA (kids are free ) and didn't really care about the repeal, I was like....

Reactions: MongGrel

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
The problem with this admin is, once one nut goes down, an even bigger nut will replace them.

Oh and fuck Comey and his Russian sympathizing ass.
One has to think there is a bigger play here... go public with podestas dick pics but keep russian ties to the oval office secret.. something larger is brewing. has to.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

Here's Flynn sitting right next to putin at an RT (Russia today) sponsored dinner just this past year.

imrs.php

Flynn is gone, as he should be. Notice Jill Stein is also at that table?

Reactions: wirelessenabled

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
lmao, it seems like just yesterday when Trump-people were disappointed that Trump didn't cross party lines and nominate Flynn for VP.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Is there any reason to believe that Flynn is particularly loyal to anyone in the administration? Will Moscow Mike keep his mouth shut? Or sing like a birdy? Interesting Trump didn't have the balls to do the right thing and fire him. Shows weakness as president. I love his resignation letter where somewhere between paragraphs 1 and 2, he skips the part where he collaborated with the Russians.

Oh well, Flynn had a good run...almost a month.

Reactions: wirelessenabled

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
Remember, Flynn was paid to attend that function. Wonder why Flynn accepted?

imrs.php

mrjminer

Platinum Member
Dec 2, 2005
Not really unexpected. You can't have a national security advisor that is lying to the President and the VP about national security matters.

Feb 4, 2009
Flynn doesn't take to being fired well. I wonder if he sits down and shuts up or if he goes on a rampage again?

*interesting spy game stuff*
I read the FBI said he (Flynn) was already compromised because it was clear he spoke about sanctions with Russians then he denied doing that. That action alone puts him in a spot to be bribed even if the sanctions talk was innocent.

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
Flynn doesn't take to being fired well. I wonder if he sits down and shuts up or if he goes on a rampage again?

*interesting spy game stuff*
I read the FBI said he (Flynn) was already compromised because it was clear he spoke about sanctions with Russians then he denied doing that. That action alone puts him in a spot to be bribed even if the sanctions talk was innocent.

You're assuming that Trump didn't ask Flynn to speak to the Russians about the sanctions.

Eug

Lifer
Mar 11, 2000
Not really unexpected. You can't have a national security advisor that is lying to the President and the VP about national security matters.
I view this as the Prez and the VP throwing him under the bus.

But once this info got out, they had no choice but to cut him loose.

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
You're assuming that Trump didn't ask Flynn to speak to the Russians about the sanctions.

To what end would he be making assurances about lifting sanctions on his own initiative ? Since this is coming from intelligence leaks, I expect the show is not over and more is to come.

Who told Flynn to interact with the Russians ? How many other interactions may there have been ? All the bullshit about fake news and 'mean' media attacks from Trump & co. Then in the end the hammer is dropped by that same media and this guy resigns half an hour after they reveal Trump & co knew about the Russia interactions.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000

I have no doubt he lied to the VP and the public (ie, USA citizens) but have seen absolutely nothing but speculation that he lied to Trump about this. The statutory prohibition against doing what Flynn did is very well known at that level. I just can't imagine Flynn going rogue on this absent directions from his higher ups-there is next to no possibility of gain as compared to the substantial risks he took. I have no doubt Flynn did this at the direction of Trump and reported directly back to him the results of the call. Proving that, however, I suspect is going to be next to impossible-especially where Comey is in Trump's pocket.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

Here's the real scandal though, the White House was informed of this a month ago and that he had not only lied but was now vulnerable to blackmail by the Russian government. Up through yesterday they were still allowing this guy to sit in on national security related matters. They only fired him when the media found out that he was compromised.

Think how insane that is. They knew their national security adviser had not only lied to them but was compromised by a hostile foreign power and did nothing until the media reported on it. I cannot think of any explanation for that which doesn't lead to a really, really bad place.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Here's the real scandal though, the White House was informed of this a month ago and that he had not only lied but was now vulnerable to blackmail by the Russian government. Up through yesterday they were still allowing this guy to sit in on national security related matters. They only fired him when the media found out that he was compromised.

Think how insane that is. They knew their national security adviser had not only lied to them but was compromised by a hostile foreign power and did nothing until the media reported on it. I cannot think of any explanation for that which doesn't lead to a really, really bad place.

Many people- "Mr Trump this looks bad"
Trump- "Should I have Lobster Thermidor for dinner? I always have the best food".