NPR Boss Who Fired Juan Williams Resigns (Under pressure from board)

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Lie #1:

I think the left is far better than the right. It also does wrong, the and the right does right.

Lie #2:

Most of the time, people who disagree - I'll use that instead of your version - are not lying.

Lying is a word to use carefully, for intentional or reckless disregard of the truth.

You fall under the 'reckless disregard for the truth' type of liar about my positions.

When have you ever accepted a challenge from any conservative that has an opposing view and not called them a liar?

When have you accepted/pointed out a positive from the right/conservative side?

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
When have you ever accepted a challenge from any consertative that has an opposing view and not called them a liar?

Many, many times. As I said, most are not lying.

When have you accepted/pointed out a positive from the right/conservative side?

As many as deserve it, which is sadly few.

For one example, I gave George Bush credit for not pardoning Scooter Libby.

As far as I can tell, that was simply him doing 'what he thought was right'.

(Commuting the sentence, I'm not so sure, but was probably misguided.)

Why don't you tell me 3 things the Republican party should get credit for the last year?

The issue isn't 'how many do you give them credit for'.

If they act very badly, they shouldn't get credit. The better question is, are you fair and correct?

A lot of people can say 'you should give more credit to them'. Showing why is a lot harder.

That's part of the 'centrist fallacy' I've mentioned.

The idea that they just HAVE to get 50&#37; of all the credit and be right 50% of the time.

Regardless of what they actually do.

Your question reflects that; when have you ever shown one post wrong on this?

Last edited: