NOW CLOSED ; List some movies you've watched recently. Theatre, rental, TV... and give a */10

Page 959 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
You have a youtube playlist? I want to hear more of what you listen to.
no you dont.
I grew up with classical music, then listened to punk for 10 years, then moved to techno *while* studying at a jazz school. My musical taste is extremely fucked up.
example of how diverse my playlist would be:

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
oh wow.

I'll give it a try.

I have to say, i am worried that they have remade the original but turned the misery up to 11.

Nah - you're totally wrong. The misery is turned up to about 15
I watched it last night and "committed" to it - turned the lights down, made some popcorn and put on headphones for immersion (and not to bother my family.
It's a BRUTAL movie. Just brutal.

Easily 9.5/10 that @quikah gave it. I see no reason not to give it 10/10. Just incredible.

Jul 27, 2020
These three were goooooddddd.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Just watched Soft and Quiet last night.

I don't think I have ever been more uncomfortable or disturbed by a movie. Ever.

The single take format limits it a bit. But it's definitely a 9. An 11 for effort and how it is addressing the subject matter.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
These three were goooooddddd.
.. is there .. some, uh ... "style", that you are looking for in a particular way?

I ask because i don't actually keep what i would consider "my music" in my playlist. You know, the GREAT songs of my life, which by now i've listened to a million times.

I could point you to some good stuff but you gotta give me something to base the decision on.

Jul 27, 2020
.. is there .. some, uh ... "style", that you are looking for in a particular way?
I suppose anything that sounds fun. Melodious. Stuff that mesmerizes me. I know, it's too vague. Can't really describe it. But I think I would like a lot of stuff on your playlist.

GunsMadeAmericaFree

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2007
beating up the baddies?

thought black adam was a bad guy?
opposite to shazam?

Well, in this incarnation, he's more of an antihero, kind of like Wolverine, or Punisher. Yes, he's a bad guy, but that doesn't mean he can't beat up anyone he wants to, just because they piss him off. Eventually, I'm sure he will go up against Shazam. Based on the foreshadowing, he will likely go up against a LOT of people!

pcslookout

Lifer
Mar 18, 2007
Close

I never cried so much in years

MV5BNTE3OTUwNmYtNTI0Yi00ODU2LWEwYmYtMmQzZmVlYzJlZGI2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDM2NDM2MQ@@._V1_.jpg

Last edited:

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Guillermo Del Toro's Cabinet of Curiosities has been excellent. We're 5 episodes in.
eps 1: [5/10]
dont understand the need for the lady that had her stuff legally sold.
surprisingly bad episode considering it was directed by Guillermo himself

eps 2: [5/10] rats that steal dead bodies? meh

eps 3: [9/10]
intelligent alien body snatcher was great

havent watched the rest yet

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
Sone guy i know recommended that i watch The Dragon King because apparently it's amazing, so i did and it's shit.
Then i remembered i had downloaded the entire series of Trigun of which i had only watched the first episode, so i've watched a bit of that and although it's fun in 5 minute increments, it grates really fast.
So i downloaded the entire series of Don't Trust The Bitch In Apartment 23 because
1. kristen ritter is hot, and
2. dreama walker is hot.
No seriously these two are so smoking hot it's unreal. Good show too.

• Love
Reactions: igor_kavinski
Jul 27, 2020
kristen ritter is hot
You got that right. She does look unreal. She played Jessica Jones really well. And she was pretty good in Breaking Bad too. I had seen her before in some smaller roles and I would think, hmm...pretty whiny girl. Then I saw an interview and found out that she's taller than me (which was weird coz she can look small like a petite barbie doll). Few years later, I see her as Jessica Jones and couldn't believe this was the same girl I had seen before. It's like she was born for this role.

I'll have to check that Apartment Bitch :p

As sweet as she naturally is, she plays being a bitch awesomely.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Nah - you're totally wrong. The misery is turned up to about 15
I watched it last night and "committed" to it - turned the lights down, made some popcorn and put on headphones for immersion (and not to bother my family.
It's a BRUTAL movie. Just brutal.

Easily 9.5/10 that @quikah gave it. I see no reason not to give it 10/10. Just incredible.
Which movie?

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Jesus Christ how is Andor so good?

That f’ing Stellan Skarsgård monologue should be in a museum.

Status
Not open for further replies.