Not even the so-called "smart people" are smart

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
Exhibit A:

You hear at your door a frantic woman yelling, crying and screaming to let her in, there's a man after her.

Do you,

A: Run to the door and let her in?

or

B: Keep the door shut and call the police?

If you answered A, congratulations. About five men ran into your house and you just got mugged and/or killed.

Case in point: Even the smartest among us are not so smart.

Admit it. You would have let her in. :D

Always remember that most crimes happen at the front door.

Here's something else. Never stay above the 7th floor ( I think it was could be 5th or 8th) of a hotel. If there is a fire the ladder can't reach that high. And never stay on the first floor. That's where the devil hides and steals your shit! It's a quick get away.

Sheep221

Golden Member
Oct 28, 2012
Dude, seriously, where do you go for this bs? I mean have you just made it up? Seen B-type movie recently?
If someone screams, calls for help, you are required to take action, see what's going on, law requires us to do that so I'm not really sure wtf this is about.

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
Dude, seriously, where do you go for this bs? I mean have you just made it up? Seen B-type movie recently?
If someone screams, calls for help, you are required to take action, see what's going on, law requires us to do that so I'm not really sure wtf this is about.

Logic not even you.

I read about it in a book written by a former CIA agent. If you must. :roll-my-freaking-eyes:

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005

Maybe being a decent human being requires it, but the law most certainly does not.

Crono

Lifer
Aug 8, 2001
C: I don't answer simplistic, hypothetical questions with simplistic answers :colbert:

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003

The name Sheep is quite appropriate for you.

deustroop

Golden Member
Dec 12, 2010
That unfortunately happened to me several times. Woman pounding on the front door, "Open the door,open the door" so I go and open the door and she leaves.

No biggie.

Reactions: Captante

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
The average adult male can kick in a door, deadbolt included, if they try hard enough. You are not going to get beaten/robbed/killed by home invaders using a damsel in distress as a ploy.

Also: robbers don't invade your house while you're there, they wait until you leave and clean the place out before you get back.

Also: the odds of you ending up in a runaway hotel fire in 2017 are so rare as to not even consider it when making plans for your hotel stay.

RLGL

Platinum Member
Jan 8, 2013
Not even the so-called "smart people" are smart

Just look at the US Government

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Also: robbers don't invade your house while you're there, they wait until you leave and clean the place out before you get back.

I think you meant burglars, not robbers; there is quite a difference between the two as far as the law is concerned.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
I think you meant burglars, not robbers; there is quite a difference between the two as far as the law is concerned.
Sorry, I meant people that break into your house for the purpose of relieving you of your belongings, not necessarily those belongings currently on your person. I don't know what specific word is meant to define those particular thieves, I suppose burglars fits.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
option C: you don't hear the woman because the room you are in isn't near the door and you have loud music playing and or you are asleep

Ruptga

Lifer
Aug 3, 2006
But guys, he read it in a book WRITTEN BY AN EX-CIA AGENT. This totally happens all the time, and if it happened to you then you would fall for it, ergo you are all dumb.

RandomWords

Jun 11, 2014
I'm not sure i would call someone that chose option A as not smart - reckless maybe... personally i wouldnt without a gun and most normal theives do not rob with the intention to harm and 5 men barging in sounds like they have a grudge - otherwise - if the other 4 were smart they'd run off before the cops got here (the department is less than a mile away) after the first guy was shot.

It is really circumstancial and only applies to those people that would make good targets... but you said my house - and they'd have to be pretty stupid to pick this area for that kind of maneuver- better to do the - wait for them to come home and push in behind them as they enter technique.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010

Today's world of standing by and filming it on your phone would like to have a word with you....

also, this is why you put land mines in your yard. Not only does it help with rodents, it's a great theft deterrent.