North Korea Going To Test Nuclear Bomb

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Well at least we disposed of all those Iraqi nukes.

BrownTown

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2005
There is not a single country in the world that will support North Korea if they are attacked. In fact, everyone here acts like China is gonna defend them, but in my estimation they are probably the MOST likely country to attack North Korea. That is their sphere of influence and they don't want other countries meddling in it, so if North Korea needs to be dealt with China is the one that gonna want to do it. That having been said, I am not overly concerned about this test, Kim Jong Il may be alot of things, but suiscidal is not one of them, he would never actually use a bomb offensively, and he sure as hell isnt gonna sell them to terrorists eithe like some doomsday scenarios suggest.,

astrosfan90

Golden Member
Mar 17, 2005
Originally posted by: BDawg
Why would Fox News bring up something like this, now?

It's not like there's something they would like to draw attention from, is there?

Are you kidding me? Are you actually suggesting that they should ignore North Korea announcing that they plan on testing a nuclear weapon? Um. Ookay. :p

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Come on we all know this a Bush ploy to get the Foley sex scandal off the front pages.

I mean look at the timing, right before an election, how convenient.

First Bush lowers gas prices and now he gets NK to test a nuke, what will he do next? ;)

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
BTW: It would be an underground test like the ones India and Pakistan did.

No one has done an above the ground one in many many years. (1980)

straightalker

Dec 21, 2005
North Korea has nothing to profit off of like oil and anyways they are China's misfit Nation to exploit. So NK's nukes are being ignored by the Oil Men who control America now.

Even when NK threatens to nuke us they are ignored. Iran is loaded with oil so they are the huge threat to the entire world.

Aug 1, 2006
Originally posted by: GoPackGo
Originally posted by: Aisengard
Originally posted by: piasabird
It is hard to imagine that there is enough open ground in North Korea to test a Nuclear Device. You can drive from the Border with North Korea to the Southern tip in a few hours. The entire peninsula is probably smaller than Florida.

They test them over international waters, I thought. Or really high in the air.

I thought those kinds of tests were banned...oh wait...they can do what they want.

They can do whatever they want, due to the extreme ineptitude or outright criminal actions of the Bush regime.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: International Machine Consortium
Originally posted by: GoPackGo
Originally posted by: Aisengard
Originally posted by: piasabird
It is hard to imagine that there is enough open ground in North Korea to test a Nuclear Device. You can drive from the Border with North Korea to the Southern tip in a few hours. The entire peninsula is probably smaller than Florida.

They test them over international waters, I thought. Or really high in the air.

I thought those kinds of tests were banned...oh wait...they can do what they want.

They can do whatever they want, due to the extreme ineptitude or outright criminal actions of the Bush regime.
the ineptitude of the UN, support of NK allies and appeasement of other US politicians previously also allowed such a development to happen.

The blame falls all over the spectrum, not just where you desire.

GoPackGo

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2003
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Originally posted by: J0hnny
Hmmm, so this is how WW3 will start. I always figured that it would start in the middle east.

Prediction: NK tests bomb. Japan reacts with defense forces skirmishing against NK forces in open water. China, openly against Japan, retaliates. Now the PRC and NK stand as one against Japan. Japan rapidly militarizes and prepares forces for battle. China openly invades disputed islands. Japan retaliates.

US joins forces with Japan. BOOM, WW3 has begun.

Are you the WOPR?

How about a nice game of chess instead?

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Axis of Evil ring a bell? Any nation threatened like that is going to defend itself. Or would you just lay there? Nice work, Neocons. Your World Order is coming together nicely.

You obviously haven't been paying attention long enougn to understand this issue with NK is just another attempt at international extortion. This has been Jim Jong's long practiced MO. Ol Kim Jong Il hasn't been getting the love (free money/aid/energy) from our current government that he used to and he is not happy.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
Come on we all know this a Bush ploy to get the Foley sex scandal off the front pages.

I mean look at the timing, right before an election, how convenient.

First Bush lowers gas prices and now he gets NK to test a nuke, what will he do next? ;)

I'm guessing he'll get Iran to refuse to comply with UN resolutions!

Aug 1, 2006
Originally posted by: K1052
Axis of Evil ring a bell? Any nation threatened like that is going to defend itself. Or would you just lay there? Nice work, Neocons. Your World Order is coming together nicely.

You obviously haven't been paying attention long enougn to understand this issue with NK is just another attempt at international extortion. This has been Jim Jong's long practiced MO. Ol Kim Jong Il hasn't been getting the love (free money/aid/energy) from our current government that he used to and he is not happy.

I've been paying attention long enough to know that the problem with North Korea intensifed greatly in 2003, when the North withdrew from the Nuclear nonproliferation treaty (last I checked, the Bush regime was in power in 2003) due to Bush's inept handling of this delicate situation. I've been paying attention long enough to know that the North Koreans did not carry out any nuclear tests while Clinton was in charge. I've been paying attention long enough to know that North Korea tested NO payload delivery systems capable of reaching the U.S. prior to Bush's inept handling of the situation. The attack on Iraq (Axis of Evil!) provided a perfect rationale for North Korea to develop a working Nuclear weapon. This is leaving aside for now the dangers created by Bush's mistakes in dealing with Iran, his unnecessary attack on Iraq (where are those WMD?) and his general ineptitude in developing a strategy for doing anything at all positive on the World stage. He's FUBAR'ED everything he has touched, essentially. I could go on.
Based on these facts, the U.S. is in far greater danger since the Republicans have been controlling our goverment. Stop deflecting, stop trying to assign blame elsewhere when it lies with the idiot in chief. As Truman said, "The Buck Stop Here." I know that must be a foreign concept for you Republicans, but you should try to live up to this ideal.

AnitaPeterson

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
Anyone care to bet the NK nuclear test will take place around the same time as U.S. elections, thus giving the G.W.B.'s Republicans the upper hand?

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Originally posted by: K1052

I've been paying attention long enough to know that the problem with North Korea intensifed greatly in 2003, when the North withdrew from the Nuclear nonproliferation treaty (last I checked, the Bush regime was in power in 2003) due to Bush's inept handling of this delicate situation. I've been paying attention long enough to know that the North Koreans did not carry out any nuclear tests while Clinton was in charge. I've been paying attention long enough to know that North Korea tested NO payload delivery systems capable of reaching the U.S. prior to Bush's inept handling of the situation. The attack on Iraq (Axis of Evil!) provided a perfect rationale for North Korea to develop a working Nuclear weapon. This is leaving aside for now the dangers created by Bush's mistakes in dealing with Iran, his unnecessary attack on Iraq (where are those WMD?) and his general ineptitude in developing a strategy for doing anything at all positive on the World stage. He's FUBAR'ED everything he has touched, essentially. I could go on.
Based on these facts, the U.S. is in far greater danger since the Republicans have been controlling our goverment. Stop deflecting, stop trying to assign blame elsewhere when it lies with the idiot in chief. As Truman said, "The Buck Stop Here." I know that must be a foreign concept for you Republicans, but you should try to live up to this ideal.

1. NK got what it wanted out of Clinton: energy/money/food. There was no need to rattle the sabre for the time being.

2: NK was developing the TD2 missile during that time, which they recently test fired unsucessfully.

3. It was already thought prior to their withdrawal from the NPT that NK had constructed several nuclear weapons. The most recent break came from a the supicion that NK was running parallel Uranium program which had not been shutdown a claim that was not refuted by the NK governemnt (or even possibly confirmed off the record) , thus they were in breach of the AF.

I personally don't see geting bent over and publicly screwed up the rear (again) as sound foreign policy when it comes to NK. Hence the multi-party talks. We can't trust any agreement he makes with us unless other nations he is afraid of upsetting (China) are a party to the agreement This is nucelar extortion, plain and simple.

I'm not a Republican BTW and no fan of Bush.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Nothing you note refutes any one of my points. The facts stand. We'll have to disagree on this one.

I did, you are just ignoring my post.