North Korea demands US$65 trillion from the US

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Carrier Battle Groups. The most devastating force ever known to man. And we have 11.

Classified # of nuclear ballistic submarines and Attack subs not shown
us_armada_iraq.jpg

Ridiculous overkill, but impressive nonetheless.

mrjminer

Platinum Member
Dec 2, 2005
How about if Obama just apologize? That should be enough.

Apologize for what? Stopping half of a country from being forced into communism by joint NK and Russian forces? I don't think so. Perhaps if the Russians had stayed entirely out of the conflict, but they chose instead to pledge support for Kim Sung II (#?) in his quest to force the rest of Korea (aka. South Korea) into communism. I don't see how it's our fault that NK made the poor decision of getting their military forces backed by a superpower. We simply leveled the playing field, and they lost.

Last edited by a moderator:

NoWhereM

Oct 15, 2007
There's no need to get into the details of the war. The fact of the matter is that North Korea did launched a surprise invasion of South Korea. Of course blame the US, USSR, and Japan share some blame for what has happened to the Korean Peninsula. Nonetheless, it was not the US nor its allies that started the Korean War.

Okay, that's a start. Now that you've acknowledged that the US is at least partially responsible for the suffering of the North Korea people it's just a matter of determining the amount of damages.

North Korea has opened with a demand of $65 trillion, what would you propose as our counteroffer?

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Okay, that's a start. Now that you've acknowledged that the US is at least partially responsible for the suffering of the North Korea people it's just a matter of determining the amount of damages.

North Korea has opened with a demand of $65 trillion, what would you propose as our counteroffer?

65 * 0 dollars.

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
How about if Obama just apologize? That should be enough.

There is nothing to apologize for, the US defended a friend from an aggressor, it would be like apologizing to Iraq for the US liberating Kuwait during Gulf War I.

The reason North Korea's people suffer is due to Dear Leader and his father. South Korea, The US, etc. owe NK nothing.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Maybe they should try suing the Chinese for getting into the war and making it last longer. Or they could sue the Russians who supplied them with Soviet tanks and arms at the beginning of the war.

Cogman

Lifer
Sep 19, 2000
Dear North Korea,

It is with heart full of hope and gods wish that I write to seek your help in the context below. I am Uncle Sam, the second son of the late Laurent Kabila Former President of the United States of America (U.S.A) whose sudden death occurred in January 2010. Having gotten your particulars from my late father's library, I have no doubt to your capacity and goodwill to assist me in receiving into your custody (for safety) the sum of US$65 trillion willed and deposited in the favor of myself and my mother who is the second wife of the late president.

This money is currently kept in a trust deposit vault with a Finance and Security company here in (Idaho) However, the new Government headed by my step brother Joseph has on assumption of office setup an inquiry to recover all the assets belonging to my late dad including cash and properties with the pretence of safe-keeping, but with actual intention of personal inheritance. All this because we are from a polygamous family. The investigation team has submitted their report, presently some cash and assets have been seized.

Fortunately, I managed to escape from the country,and with the help of our lawyer, I am presently living as a refugee here until I succeed in the transaction and due to the situation of things our lawyer has strictly advised that the willed money be urgently mved into an over-seas account of a trusted Foreign family friend without delay for security reasons. I expect you to be trustworthy and kind enough to respond to this call (SOS) to save my entire nation and me from a hopeless future.

I hereby agree to compensate your sincere effort in this regard with 20% of the fund, when finally received in your local Bank account. The attorney here has perfected arrangements with the Bankers to effect complete dislodgment of this money within a week of the receipt of your response through telephone and fax. They have equally guaranteed 100% risk free and smooth transfer. reply me via e-mail: theUsGov@USA.gov or squakyPants_6@yahoo.com

Best Wishes
Uncle Sam ,

I look forward to your quick response. May God bless you for your kindness.

Maybe this will work for them.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
NK has been counterfeiting US currency. Let them print up the amount that they are requesting.

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
Looking at NK's GDP of $40 billion, they're asking for 1625 years of their output.
With about 24 million people, they get $2.7 million each.
With a surface area of 46,541 sq miles, if we gave it to them in all dollar bills it would cover the country 667,273 ft high.

A pretty ludicrous amount. Especially considering that they don't deserve anything.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Carrier Battle Groups. The most devastating force ever known to man. And we have 11.

Classified # of nuclear ballistic submarines and Attack subs not shown
us_armada_iraq.jpg

and that's not even counting the 10 flat tops we have that everyone else would call an aircraft carrier