NON_POLITICAL China Coronavirus THREAD

Page 743 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Mar 11, 2004
So it went from "permanently" to "i'm not sure". OK, at least now i'm clear on that :rolleyes:

Pretty sure he's allergic to knowing what he's talking about.

How is it ridiculous? You haven't given me a good reason why I can't have my dick out if you can go around without a mask wherever you want.

If other religious nutters are anything to go by I think its because they can't trust themselves to not start sucking it?

Reactions: nakedfrog

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
No worries. No rush either.

Have a good day.

Planned to listen to this today, just realized it's just shy of 3 hours. Any particular idea where the part about no one needing to die with available treatment comes in? Probably can't commit 3 hours to this today, but plan to take a listen over the next few days. All three guys are certainly reasonable and well known guys. Zubin maybe the most public facing with the popularity of his podcast/YouTube vids, although he gets annoying from time to time. Without listening, based on what I've heard individually from these 3 dudes in the past, I suspect the content is pretty reasonable.

gill77

Aug 3, 2006
Planned to listen to this today, just realized it's just shy of 3 hours. Any particular idea where the part about no one needing to die with available treatment comes in? Probably can't commit 3 hours to this today, but plan to take a listen over the next few days. All three guys are certainly reasonable and well known guys. Zubin maybe the most public facing with the popularity of his podcast/YouTube vids, although he gets annoying from time to time. Without listening, based on what I've heard individually from these 3 dudes in the past, I suspect the content is pretty reasonable.

Pretty sure I skipped through it but at 1:58, "where do we go from here", something like that. I was following Attia pre-pandemic. I just remember that, maybe, 5 minute portion, in that particular video. Time and topic is in the comments. Good luck.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
What exactly would the government gain by having restrictions in place forever?

The Trucker protest is probably getting little coverage because it was probably a handful of trucks.

Wait he is really saying he thinks that the mask mandates will be in place forever and ever?

:D:D:D

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Wait he is really saying he thinks that the mask mandates will be in place forever and ever?

If nobody fights to end this then yeah that's exactly what will happen. They keep dangling the carrot then move it further. 2 years of this crap. 2 years ago they said it will be over when we flatten the curve. 1 year ago they said it will be over when there's a vaccine. Over 80% vaccinated now and they're not even saying when it will be over anymore, and have no plans for it. They just keep moving the goal posts. More and more people starting to catch on. This is no longer about a virus this is about reshaping the economy and controlling the people.

People are no longer silent, and in the end I think/hope we will win.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: KMFJD and Zorba

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Pretty sure I skipped through it but at 1:58, "where do we go from here", something like that. I was following Attia pre-pandemic. I just remember that, maybe, 5 minute portion, in that particular video. Time and topic is in the comments. Good luck.
I totally read 1:58 as mm:ss rather than hh:mm. Oops!

I listened to the first hour, though, and as anticipated, pretty reasonable. They get a little hipocritical (probably not the best word) when they start talking about science vs policy and then start suggesting policy, but that's pretty inescapable in these types of discussions.

Will update when I've listened to more.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
If nobody fights to end this then yeah that's exactly what will happen. They keep dangling the carrot then move it further. 2 years of this crap. 2 years ago they said it will be over when we flatten the curve. 1 year ago they said it will be over when there's a vaccine. Over 80% vaccinated now and they're not even saying when it will be over anymore, and have no plans for it. They just keep moving the goal posts. More and more people starting to catch on. This is no longer about a virus this is about reshaping the economy and controlling the people.

Hm the "goal posts" move when the situation changes and there is a more transmissible and immune evasive virus strain running rampant. Convenient to update precautions based on actual prevailing conditions eh? Must be some kind of conspiracy.

Also, LOL at the truckers just begging on their hands and knees for the railroads to put most of them out of work permanently. Lucky for them those guys have their heads up their asses.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999

So what 10 trucks? I've seen bigger conveys than that on the two lane road by my house.

gill77

Aug 3, 2006
I totally read 1:58 as mm:ss rather than hh:mm. Oops!

I listened to the first hour, though, and as anticipated, pretty reasonable. They get a little hipocritical (probably not the best word) when they start talking about science vs policy and then start suggesting policy, but that's pretty inescapable in these types of discussions.

Will update when I've listened to more.
You may have already listened to more than I did :D

I believe I listened to a bit than skipped ahead. The concept of trying to keep healthy and avoid infection, but if needed you go to the doc for a cure sounds useful to say the least.

Lots of upsides.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008

Huh? What would "The Man" gain by having mask-mandates in perpetuity? At the very least it would screw-up all their plans for mass-surveillance with facial-recognition cameras. Hell, multiple countries have only recently been imposing _bans_ on 'face coverings' - both out of fear of Islam and of molotov-throwing anarchists. It's almost as if the left hand of the 'deep state' doesn't know what the right hand is doing.
("What, you organised a mass fake pandemic in order to trick everyone into wearing masks at all times? Dammit, we've only just gotten them sufficiently scared of crime and Islamic terrorists to be able to _ban_ masks so our facial-recognition cameras can identify everyone....we really need to have more regular meetings")

Reactions: nakedfrog and KMFJD

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Taking in some of the discourse lately seems some commentators are still preoccupied with the idea of "lockdowns" even though absolutely nothing is locked down. Bars? Open. Restaurants? Open. Travel? Open. Schools? Open. What we are seeing is spotty closedowns due to staffing sick outs plus people deciding, wholly on their own accord, that current risk level is unsuitable for them and the "over COVID" crowd conflating that with non-existent government measures.

Unless you want to burst into people's homes and force them at gunpoint to participate in what you deem to be normal economic activity against their current wishes those commentators should adjust to disappointment. The same thing happened in 2020 when this all started, the broad economic pullback happened before the government put any measures in place at all.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
I believe there is only one place in my town that is able to do a rapid covid test. Everyone else is out of the rapid tests. The lady on the phone said it would be a 2 hour wait and that is the place I see my regular doctor. I don't know why I couldn't get the test at the hospital today when they did my lab work.

Since they weren't busy I went to a place that did a saliva pcr test so hopefully the results will be done in time for my procedure on Thursday. Under normal circumstances it should be done 24-48 but with so many being tested and most places only have PCR tests left it could take longer.

WV still has a 25% positivity rate. Time to ditch the masks, restrictions and protest about the vax. /sarcasm

When I spoke with my sister today she mentioned that it was 70 days between my 13 year old nephews covid infections. I don't care what age you are. That can't be healthy.

JM Aggie08

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
Cases taking a nosedive in our general area. Imagine the rest of the US is/will be on a similar trend.

Blessed be the fruit.

gill77

Aug 3, 2006
I believe there is only one place in my town that is able to do a rapid covid test. Everyone else is out of the rapid tests. The lady on the phone said it would be a 2 hour wait and that is the place I see my regular doctor. I don't know why I couldn't get the test at the hospital today when they did my lab work.

Since they weren't busy I went to a place that did a saliva pcr test so hopefully the results will be done in time for my procedure on Thursday. Under normal circumstances it should be done 24-48 but with so many being tested and most places only have PCR tests left it could take longer.

WV still has a 25% positivity rate. Time to ditch the masks, restrictions and protest about the vax. /sarcasm

When I spoke with my sister today she mentioned that it was 70 days between my 13 year old nephews covid infections. I don't care what age you are. That can't be healthy.
Wow, Thursday. For some reason I remembered Feb1, or I guess misremembered.

With any luck, the first team will be on duty. In and out, dodging the Omicron. You'll be fine.

Report back on the nurses :wink:

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Wow, Thursday. For some reason I remembered Feb1, or I guess misremembered.

With any luck, the first team will be on duty. In and out, dodging the Omicron. You'll be fine.

Report back on the nurses :wink:
Feb 1st is the tentative appt. with surgeon. It all depends on what they see on Thursday. My local cardiologist may let me know what he saw after the test but the surgeon is scheduled to look at the echo on Friday. I don't think I'll get the first team but my cardiologist did a nice job during the heart catheterization. That was at a better hospital though.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Cases taking a nosedive in our general area. Imagine the rest of the US is/will be on a similar trend.

Blessed be the fruit.
Hopefully, but based on our county's rate I'm still trying to stay away from people for the next couple weeks at least.County case rate Jan 24th.JPG

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
I think my wife and I unofficially decided we are done with Covid and trying to prevent infection of our unvaxxed kids. Omicron is either inevitable or an acceptable risk at their age as we haven’t heard anything about “long Covid” associated with this variant (and both kids are girls so less risk of myocarditis.) Both girls are in daycare and already at risk of exposure.

So wifey and I decided to go out with a group of friends to dinner this weekend and then a basement bar with poor ventilation. Both venues require proof of vax to get in, but obviously that means nothing with omicron (but makes me feel better that I’m less likely to put someone in a hospital I guess?) I’m just tired of putting my life on hold. I’m flying to LA in a few weeks which will be my first non-work flight since early 2020.

JM Aggie08

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
We're in a similar boat. Damn near 2 years without doing much of anything, which is far more than most of our family/friends did.

Now that kid has had it, which we wouldn't have even known had we not taken him in since he only had congestion and the shits for one day, we feel much more comfortable.

TIME TO LICK SOME HANDRAILS AND MOUTH KISS A STRANGER.

Dec 10, 2005
People talk about how mild omicron is, but that term is so disingenuous. It's still useful to take some precautions if local infections are particularly high.

My wife and I both caught it recently. I spent a week with a nasty cough. My wife had a low grade fever for a few days and developed a worse version of my cough - so much worse, that her doctor was concerned it could develop into pneumonia and ordered a chest x-ray.

I'd hate to think what this could have been like if we weren't vaccinated and hadn't received a booster shot. And we're fairly young too (25-35 age range).

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
People talk about how mild omicron is, but that term is so disingenuous. It's still useful to take some precautions if local infections are particularly high.

My wife and I both caught it recently. I spent a week with a nasty cough. My wife had a low grade fever for a few days and developed a worse version of my cough - so much worse, that her doctor was concerned it could develop into pneumonia and ordered a chest x-ray.

I'd hate to think what this could have been like if we weren't vaccinated and hadn't received a booster shot. And we're fairly young too (25-35 age range).
Yeah, hearing from my 19 and 26 year old kids, I still don't want it.