Nobody watch Enterprise!!!!!!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

PowerMacG5

Diamond Member
Apr 14, 2002
Originally posted by: dethman
i'm a trek fan and i don't watch enterprise anyway. thought it sucked.

Same here. Also to the OP: Do you realize that Wesley is Roddenberry's middle name, and the character is based off of what Gene Roddenberry wrote in his own scripts and notes?

Jfrag Teh Foul

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Ameesh
more evidence that you are stupid , its not berman whos screwing it up its that assclown Brannon Braga, he should be killed with fahjo's veron-T disruptor

That is perhaps the geekiest comment I have read.. evar! :beer:;)

The only way you could have topped it was if you would have said it in Klingon.

JoeKing

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Astaroth33
Originally posted by: Joeyman
Babylon 5 0wns j00!!! :p

Agreed! Babylon 5 had more complexity and subtlety than any Trek ever will. Way better aliens, too. The Shadows OR the Vorlons > the Borg

I'm actually enjoying this seasons Enterprise. Dind't watch any of the other seasons (lived with roomates who would have crucified me...raises hand I am a closet Treker & Y), but ever since they introduced those special forces guys its become interesting. I just hope they finish this story arc.

I've been watching this story arc, and it's pretty good.

Voyager got intresting when they started encounter the Borg (best bad guys eVar!) And 7 was a real live barbie

Seven's a hottie, no doubt. I dislike the fact that Voyager "pussified" the Borg. Janeway won way, way too easily. And Species 8472 was an excellent idea that went absolutely NOWHERE.

DS9 got ok with the Dominion

Yeah, but just ok.

and as with everyone elses opinion first 3 seasons of TNG rules all.

Ok, here you are smoking some serious crack. How can you possibly have liked episodes where Wesley Crusher wore that "heterosexually challenged" rainbow jumpsuit, and was constantly yelled at with loving derision by Picard and Riker? "What is 'the boy' doing on the bridge?!" Puke...

See around that time I was just a little younger than Wesley Crusher so I guess I dind't mind him that much as he acted like a bridge for the younger audience members. Jean was great at involving the entire audience this way.

As for Voyager and thr Borg, yah they became easier and easier to beat....but uhh they gained more experience points along the way :p, but IMO almost anything involving the borg is fine by me.....space zombies muwhahahaha.

Compton

Platinum Member
Feb 18, 2000
Originally posted by: Astaroth33
Babylon 5 0wns j00!!! :p

Agreed! Babylon 5 had more complexity and subtlety than any Trek ever will. Way better aliens, too. The Shadows OR the Vorlons > the Borg

I'm actually enjoying this seasons Enterprise. Dind't watch any of the other seasons (lived with roomates who would have crucified me...raises hand I am a closet Treker & Y), but ever since they introduced those special forces guys its become interesting. I just hope they finish this story arc.

I've been watching this story arc, and it's pretty good.

Voyager got intresting when they started encounter the Borg (best bad guys eVar!) And 7 was a real live barbie

Seven's a hottie, no doubt. I dislike the fact that Voyager "pussified" the Borg. Janeway won way, way too easily. And Species 8472 was an excellent idea that went absolutely NOWHERE.

DS9 got ok with the Dominion

Yeah, but just ok.

and as with everyone elses opinion first 3 seasons of TNG rules all.

Ok, here you are smoking some serious crack. How can you possibly have liked episodes where Wesley Crusher wore that "heterosexually challenged" rainbow jumpsuit, and was constantly yelled at with loving derision by Picard and Riker? "What is 'the boy' doing on the bridge?!" Puke...

See around that time I was just a little younger than Wesley Crusher so I guess I dind't mind him that much as he acted like a bridge for the younger audience members. Jean was great at involving the entire audience this way.

As for Voyager and thr Borg, yah they became easier and easier to beat....but uhh they gained more experience points along the way :p, but IMO almost anything involving the borg is fine by me.....space zombies muwhahahaha.

I agree the Borg kick ass. And most ppl that hate voyager havent seen the good eps. If you're only exposed to the bad stuff its easy to get a negative impression. Theres plenty of bad eps in TNG.

guyver01

Lifer
Sep 25, 2000
Originally posted by: silverpig
Originally posted by: Ameesh
more evidence that you are stupid , its not berman whos screwing it up its that assclown Brannon Braga, he should be killed with fahjo's veron-T disruptor

You know you're a nerd when you know what a veron-T distruptor is, who fahjo is, and why the weapon was outlawed...

Kill me now.

add the fact that you know that it was created originally by the Tal'Shiar and you can kill me too ;)

dexvx

Diamond Member
Feb 2, 2000
Originally posted by: HeroOfPellinor
If it does really bad during sweeps, Paramount may drop Rick freakin Berman. Roddenberry died during the 5th season and Berman took things over from there and was responsible for those lamebrain Wesley-Crusher-The-Traveler types of plotlines that nearly ruined the show's legacy.

Actually, Roddenbery hand-picked Rick Berman to sucede during Season 3 of TNG. He refused to keep the franchise going if Berman wasnt in charge.

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
TNG, no goal, no plot no nothing, but had its charm
DS9, excelent "greater plot" with a fantastic ending, ALOT of dull shows about just about nothing
Voyager, weak plot, got pretty good near the end, alot of dull shows
Enterprise, tadaaaaaaaaaaa first star trek series I can say that has a continual story line, medicore shows all around, but the plot keeps it up as the best star trek series

JustAnAverageGuy

Diamond Member
Aug 1, 2003
Originally posted by: ShotgunSteve
Originally posted by: mugsywwiii
I promise I won't watch it, just for you. :)

I've never watched it.

Aren't TV ratings based on a small sample of people who have devices that track what they watch?

Yes. Some of the lesser educated people on AnandTech thought that ratings were done by a method wherein the broadcasters measured how much of the TV signal was getting sucked out of the air by people watching the shows. I wish I could find that thread, it was comedy gold. :D

Learned something new today :)

glugglug

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2002
EVERY Trek series sucked the first 2 seasons, especially the first season. Voyager is the best example of this, where the first 2 seasons were amazingly dreadful, but the last 2 seasons were actually quite good.

Enterprise, like Voyager, started off really really bad for the first 2 seasons, then did a complete turnaround and has been excellent since "The Expanse" (last episode of season 2).

STNG kind of fvcked up on the second half of season 7. Season 5-6 were better. Most people on this board may be too young to remember, but the first 2 seasons of STNG were pretty bad too. There is a reason those old eps aren't shown much except for Encounter at Farpoint.

DS9 and TOS are probably the only trek series which started off mediocre, rather than bad or worse. And DS9 also really picked up in season 3.

alm4rr

Diamond Member
Dec 21, 2000
Originally posted by: HeroOfPellinor

The we had the intollerably dull DS:9. Everything about the show, the sets, the characters, the dialogue, the plot, the story was all just plain uninteresting.

Well, now you're just talking crazy talk!!