Nobody watch Enterprise!!!!!!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ameesh

Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Hammer
Originally posted by: Ameesh
more evidence that you are stupid , its not berman whos screwing it up its that assclown Brannon Braga, he should be killed with fahjo's veron-T disruptor

lol, you have to be the geekiest person on this forum. :D

well, you did know what i was talking about ;)

fs5

Lifer
Jun 10, 2000
Originally posted by: Chadder007
Originally posted by: fivespeed5
TNG > DS9 > Voyager > Enterprise

I'm not old enough to enjoy the original :p
I think I've watch every TNG, DS9 episode, and 90% of the voyager ones. I've only watched 2 episodes of Enterprise... just couldn't get into it.

TNG> Enterprise> Voyager> TOS> Crap> DS9 :)

Enterprise this season has been Excelent. The first two seasons almost got me to not watch it at all. In fact Ive only seen 10 eps from the first and second seasons total. This 3rd season > *

well.. I'll have to pick up the dvds when they come out. The first season didn't do anything for me.

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: HeroOfPellinor
If it does really bad during sweeps, Paramount may drop Rick freakin Berman. Roddenberry died during the 5th season and Berman took things over from there and was responsible for those lamebrain Wesley-Crusher-The-Traveler types of plotlines that nearly ruined the show's legacy.

The we had the intollerably dull DS:9. Everything about the show, the sets, the characters, the dialogue, the plot, the story was all just plain uninteresting.

Then came Voyager where dullness turned to laughable ineptness by both the writers and the actors. The whole thing came off as silly rather than crucial like TNG.

The Enterprise comes along, with so much promise for compelling stories involving what was formerly only Star Trek lore, and is nothing but Voyager redux.

He's also tanking out the movies which are our last tie to the magnificent TNG universe.

So, please please don't watch Enterprise. Tell your friends and family not to watch enterprise. The reason I say this is that some may be watching that show out of nostalgia or loyalty, but if you're truly a fan, then act like one and get that plague of a producer, Berman, far away from the Star Trek franchise.

Um, those Wesley Crusher episodes were done really early... Like 2nd or 3rd season (maybe even first?).

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Ameesh
more evidence that you are stupid , its not berman whos screwing it up its that assclown Brannon Braga, he should be killed with fahjo's veron-T disruptor

You know you're a nerd when you know what a veron-T distruptor is, who fahjo is, and why the weapon was outlawed...

Kill me now.

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Chadder007
Originally posted by: fivespeed5
TNG > DS9 > Voyager > Enterprise

I'm not old enough to enjoy the original :p
I think I've watch every TNG, DS9 episode, and 90% of the voyager ones. I've only watched 2 episodes of Enterprise... just couldn't get into it.

TNG> Enterprise> Voyager> TOS> Crap> DS9 :)

Enterprise this season has been Excelent. The first two seasons almost got me to not watch it at all. In fact Ive only seen 10 eps from the first and second seasons total. This 3rd season > *

Pretty much the same with me. A few of the first season were good, but not many. I didn't bother much with season 2 until the end where they were setting this season up. This season has been great.

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
Oh, and for the record: DS9 blew ass. The first 3 seasons were complete sh!t. Oh no, the Bajoran religious leader is having problems with the prophets and the water supply. The last 4 seasons were better, but only because they relied on mind numbing special effects and war scenes to pique interest. Entertaining, yet intellectually bland.

yukichigai

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2003
I keep waiting for Scott Bakula to start going "Al! Al, where are you? Oh god, who have I lept into now?" :p

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
wtf? ds9 was the $hit!!!! TOS>DS9>TNG>pile of horse $hit!>voyager.. i haven't seen enterprise, so i wont include it :)
janeway and picard were so weak. i have to give credit to TNG with much better actors (although joanathan frakes certianly hurts them).
ds9 has the best crew, period. most variety of characters.. quark and odo always made things interesting. and the dominion war was awesome!

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Fenixgoon
wtf? ds9 was the $hit!!!! TOS>DS9>TNG>pile of horse $hit!>voyager.. i haven't seen enterprise, so i wont include it :)
janeway and picard were so weak. i have to give credit to TNG with much better actors (although joanathan frakes certianly hurts them).
ds9 has the best crew, period. most variety of characters.. quark and odo always made things interesting. and the dominion war was awesome!

Go back and watch the first 3 seasons again. Try justifying the series being so great when half of the episodes were complete ass and the other half relied on special effects to impress the audience. It's like saying Britney Spears is a great artist cause she looks good.

Ameesh

Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Fenixgoon

and ds9 was primarly run by berman, braga had nothing to do with it.

Sisko > *

Dec 27, 2001
Originally posted by: silverpig
Originally posted by: HeroOfPellinor
If it does really bad during sweeps, Paramount may drop Rick freakin Berman. Roddenberry died during the 5th season and Berman took things over from there and was responsible for those lamebrain Wesley-Crusher-The-Traveler types of plotlines that nearly ruined the show's legacy.

The we had the intollerably dull DS:9. Everything about the show, the sets, the characters, the dialogue, the plot, the story was all just plain uninteresting.

Then came Voyager where dullness turned to laughable ineptness by both the writers and the actors. The whole thing came off as silly rather than crucial like TNG.

The Enterprise comes along, with so much promise for compelling stories involving what was formerly only Star Trek lore, and is nothing but Voyager redux.

He's also tanking out the movies which are our last tie to the magnificent TNG universe.

So, please please don't watch Enterprise. Tell your friends and family not to watch enterprise. The reason I say this is that some may be watching that show out of nostalgia or loyalty, but if you're truly a fan, then act like one and get that plague of a producer, Berman, far away from the Star Trek franchise.

Um, those Wesley Crusher episodes were done really early... Like 2nd or 3rd season (maybe even first?).

You're wrong. Wesley was in the show early, but once Berman took control, Wesley was transformed into the Neo of the Universe's Matrix.

Season 7
171 "Journey´s End"

vegetation

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2001

Yup, Wesley Crusher was a Roddenberry vision, just as normal children taking advanced calculus at nine years old was the way he saw it during this time (there was an episode about that). Personally, I'm glad we're steering away from that type of BS with Enterprise.

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: 0roo0roo
ugh the eps on yesterday was pretty good. all trek series were mixed batches.
Agreed; I happen to have liked yesterdays episode.:)

dr150

Diamond Member
Sep 18, 2003
If you get T'Pol NUDE on every episode, it'll outdo "Friends" in the ratings! :)

That chick is sooooo hot.

JoeKing

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Babylon 5 0wns j00!!! :p

I'm actually enjoying this seasons Enterprise. Dind't watch any of the other seasons (lived with roomates who would have crucified me...raises hand I am a closet Treker & Y), but ever since they introduced those special forces guys its become interesting. I just hope they finish this story arc.

Voyager got intresting when they started encounter the Borg (best bad guys eVar!) And 7 was a real live barbie

DS9 got ok with the Dominion

and as with everyone elses opinion first 3 seasons of TNG rules all.

SilentZero

Diamond Member
Apr 8, 2003
Originally posted by: dr150
If you get T'Pol NUDE on every episode, it'll outdo "Friends" in the ratings! :)

That chick is sooooo hot.

Took the words right out of my mouth!

jamerdean

Dec 6, 2001
What amazes me is that even though most find the crap in these episodes,

YOU STILL WATCH THEM.

Personally, I'm a trekkie and I like all the series.

BTW, STARGATE sg1 also rocks :)

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
It's TNG > TOS > DS9 > Enterprise > C-SPAN > Voyager for me.

I knew that Voyager sucked when Howard Stern said that he was a fan of the show. Yeah, that's an endorsement you want for a sci-fi series, a guy who think that thinks Baywatch and the Spice channel were the best things that ever happened to TV
rolleye.gif

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Joeyman
Babylon 5 0wns j00!!! :p

Agreed! Babylon 5 had more complexity and subtlety than any Trek ever will. Way better aliens, too. The Shadows OR the Vorlons > the Borg

I'm actually enjoying this seasons Enterprise. Dind't watch any of the other seasons (lived with roomates who would have crucified me...raises hand I am a closet Treker & Y), but ever since they introduced those special forces guys its become interesting. I just hope they finish this story arc.

I've been watching this story arc, and it's pretty good.

Voyager got intresting when they started encounter the Borg (best bad guys eVar!) And 7 was a real live barbie

Seven's a hottie, no doubt. I dislike the fact that Voyager "pussified" the Borg. Janeway won way, way too easily. And Species 8472 was an excellent idea that went absolutely NOWHERE.

DS9 got ok with the Dominion

Yeah, but just ok.

and as with everyone elses opinion first 3 seasons of TNG rules all.

Ok, here you are smoking some serious crack. How can you possibly have liked episodes where Wesley Crusher wore that "heterosexually challenged" rainbow jumpsuit, and was constantly yelled at with loving derision by Picard and Riker? "What is 'the boy' doing on the bridge?!" Puke...