No thread on the President's big press conference?

Jul 9, 2009

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
After watching it and seeing how poorly the senile old pedo performed with his numerous fuck ups. I can see when the left wing authoritarians in this forum don't want it to be talked about or discussed.

So, link to shit-tier publication, and you attacking the current Democratic president for things the last Republican president bragged about out loud.

You're a hilariously tragic clown who clearly has no other way of getting attention. So, congrats on the attention I guess. It's too bad this shitpile of a thread is going to garner hundreds of posts.

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
After watching it and seeing how poorly the senile old pedo performed with his numerous fuck ups. I can see when the left wing authoritarians in this forum don't want it to be talked about or discussed.

Ron Prescott Reagan and Corline Kennedy 2024 !!!!! Reagan Kennedy 2024 !!!!!
or
Ron Prescott Reagan and Corline Kennedy 2028 !!!!! Reagan Kennedy 2028 !!!!!

Trumpanzees will LOSE by an ACTUAL landslide!!!!

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
That nypost site is pretty annoying. It keeps trying to display all these ads and autoplay videos. I am not sure ublock origin is going to be enough lol. I do think we need a president who will be very tough on Russia and China.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Ok. Lets compare what people would rather have, an old fart that gets lost in a sentence or "that other old fart guy" who is totally detached from reality? One old fart has well intentions, and as with Ronald Reagan can appoint the right people to surround him. That "other" old fart guy is actually quite dangerous and surrounds himself with people even more dangerous than him.

I have one little point to make when it comes to Donald Trump and the old people out there. The senior citizens.
When speaking of how dangerous Trump was, is, people seem to forget what Trump was planning should he had been reelected.
During Trump and during covid, Donald Trump put a stop to the withholding of SS tax from workers paychecks. Trump said, this was to give those people working during covid a little more take-home pay. This was a temporary executive order from trump, and due to expire in January of 2021.

But remember, and tragically few do remember, that when Trump was asked if he would make this a permanent thing in 2021 Donald Trump said YES, IT COULD BE, WELL LOOK INTO IT.
Right there we would have the end of social security, RIGHT THERE. Something that republicans in congress have been wanting to do for a long long LONG time, to kill off that social security program started by FDR.
And so, if Donald Trump were president today and republicans had the congress, social security would be strangled to death in the crib. Trump would not only put an end to SS, Trump would strangle SS to death by eliminating that SS payroll tax to permanently stop the money from coming in.
Think about it, when you have SS benefits going out with no SS funds coming in, just how long do you think SS would last? And isn't this exactly what Trump was planning? And exactly what Trump republican cohorts in congress were planning?

Now I ask, which old fart would YOU rather have in the Whitehouse?
Joe Biden might have his good days and his bad days, but even Joe Biden is smart enough and with-it enough to never put an end to social security.
And don't say OH, REPUBLICANS COULD NEVER DO THAT. REPUBLICANS WOULD NEVER DO THAT. TRUMP WOULD NEVER DO THAT. Well, they damn well would, and could. Don't believe me? Just reelect Donald Trump in 2024 and see. Or, allow the republicans to take over the congress in 2022, and then see.
Give me Joe Biden any day, ramblings and all.
We should all love our president Joe Biden because there is no alternative. Not from the republican side.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Joe has never been a good speaker, ever, and it's clear he's slowed down at his age. So as a "performance" it was pretty bad, and unfortunately (to some degree) performance does matter. What is also clear, is that he has a significant understanding of the issues he discussed and that he thinks deeply about them. I'll take that versus a ferociously energetic diatribe that is detached from reality.

Reactions: Pohemi and Caesar

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
wow, Taj took a break from grenading babies and raping goats to read the Ny Post.

I'm not sure if that is progress (reading...anything) or just simple regression to the norm for him (Reading known trash to pile more into the trash bin of his scum head)

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
That nypost site is pretty annoying. It keeps trying to display all these ads and autoplay videos. I am not sure ublock origin is going to be enough lol. I do think we need a president who will be very tough on Russia and China.

So, no Republican that has ever existed. Makes sense.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
That an elderly gentleman has trouble staying focused isn't surprising. That he reminisces a great deal isn't surprising. Joe is old, what we see is what most of us are going to become, a little scattered, a little confused, sometimes a little angry.
His handlers are making the best of the situation, but I question his ability to make it through three more years.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Daily reminder that conservatives' opinions about politics are worthless.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
So much whataboutism in this thread!

We finally agree!!

Please point me to a 2 hour press conference where Trump actually took questions from both sides and provided coherent answers to each question.

The issue isn’t Biden’s performance—the issue is why did it take so long to schedule a real press conference!! This was the first real press conference of his presidency and it came 1 year too late. Trump set a bad precedent and got away with it, so future presidents will be less accountable.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
That an elderly gentleman has trouble staying focused isn't surprising. That he reminisces a great deal isn't surprising. Joe is old, what we see is what most of us are going to become, a little scattered, a little confused, sometimes a little angry.
His handlers are making the best of the situation, but I question his ability to make it through three more years.
Yet you never questioned trump’s ability. Have you ever read a transcript of one of trump’s ‘speeches’, it would make absolutely no sense to anyone not familiar with trump’s way of ‘speaking ‘ .

Reactions: pmv

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

An unfortunate fact of our ego nature is that we lost our only really important sense of respect, the one that can only come from ourselves. Having that badly damaged as children, we latched onto something external in our culture, whatever our personal experiences were, to find some substitute that commands some sort of purported virtue we could join to regain some sense of self worth. We took on some ism to worship in order to bask in its purported glory. Unfortunately, with the whole world infected with this same loss of self respect there is a tremendous market out there for all manner of con artists to fill that need, from religion, to nationalism, to racial pride groups, to sports teams, to political parties, to cults, etc. And once one becomes an adherent to any of these the fanaticism begins and the more one is criticized for belonging to any of these, the more tightly one tries to hand on. When you lose faith in the only form of self respect that is real and put on some false alternative ego, to let go later just takes you back to where how you felt when you had what was real taken from you, the deepest pain people can feel. As someone who was not able to quash that pain and had it resurface when I was a young man, I just wanted you to know that even though I died, it was a new beginning and not the end. What ended, to my great surprise, was the pain. The self you believe is lost isn't lost, just deeply hidden but unfortunately behind a lot of forgotten pain. I am sorry.

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
Joe has never been a good speaker, ever, and it's clear he's slowed down at his age. So as a "performance" it was pretty bad, and unfortunately (to some degree) performance does matter. What is also clear, is that he has a significant understanding of the issues he discussed and that he thinks deeply about them. I'll take that versus a ferociously energetic diatribe that is detached from reality.
I watched the conference and would agree with you that Biden isn't that good of a speaker. But neither was Trump. The biggest difference I see in Biden versus Trump, though is that Biden is not afraid to point out where the Federal government needs to do better or what needs to be improved. He's also not afraid to say things like, "I underestimated this thing or that thing, and I will take a different approach next time." Most conservatives interpret that type of language as incompetence or weakness. Conservatives want an authoritarian leader up there who never thinks about the past and always claims that things are going well even when things are going to complete shit.

For me when I hear Biden talk I find it refreshing that he's frank and honest with people. Here is a president who actually thinks about how his presidency is going and how he can improve to serve the American people. Unlike Trump who just fucking railroaded everyone and talked about how he was the greatest president ever even though things constantly went to shit.

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
Also that NY Post article is garbage, especially the statement about him only calling on reporters who ask "safe" questions. He called on FOX an OANN for sure. I don't recall if he got Newsmax in there too, but the questions were definitely not pre-screened safe questions.

Reactions: Pohemi and dank69

dphantom

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2005

it was painful to watch