No Quid Pro Quo For Votes

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
How?

were they asking the students to vote in a particular way?

Why doesn't ROMNEY & RYAN handing out free food constitute a bribe?

I'm all ears, hack.

Use your eyes and read the thread then , I already addressed that issue.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
The video (if you ever bothered to watch it) shows where they were set up, along with photographs of them and the entrance to Lowery Hall. They are too close according to Colorado law.

Lowery Hall is a big place.

what does one entrance have to do with anything?

where was the actual polling center in this monolithic building?

you aren't this stupid to get what we are asking, are you?

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
So now you get to pretend and make up definitions about what "trolling" is. If I have fun posting something that other people react to I'm a "troll"? Really?

Face it, you think I'm a troll because I post conservative and/or Republican points of view and you hate that, you hate that someone disagrees with you and you want to shut them up. You want to silence any and all opposition to your own point of view so you claim anyone (including myself) is a troll.

That is the leftist self-righteousness that I find so amusing.

Nope. Wrong yet again.
I like a well thought out argument that might run contradictory to my own beliefs. It makes me think and examine my beliefs and perhaps change my opinion.
Sadly there aren't many posters here who can do that, and you have proven yourself time and time again to not be amongst them.

lotus503

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2005
That's a lie, do you want me to prove it to you?

Sure when i wrote that all that you do it was exaggerated, im sure its not all you do. I would say its the majority of what you do and challenge you to prove that a lie.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
no you didn't, liar.

I addressed it in this response to DVC where I said.

Food, clothing and the fact they were too close to a polling area is more egregious and illegal than just food, which depending on the state laws may even be legal. iirc the food issue in Colorado is illegal.

Giving out food in the state they gave it out in may not even be illegal. My time living is Colorado made me more aware of the election laws.

You're so anxious to attack me personally that you're losing sight of the topic.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
If a bit of free pizza is an illegal bribe...how about getting entered into a raffle to win a gun?

http://news.yahoo.com/gun-raffle-challenged-vote-campaign-172845488--abc-news-politics.html

A Georgia hunting store is hoping a gun raffle promotion will encourage people to cast their ballots on election day.

The raffle for a Glock and a Browning rifle is advertised on eight billboards around Smyrna, Ga. The promotion prompted State Sen. Vincent Fort, D-Atlanta, to file a complaint that it violates state law on providing money or gifts in exchange for voting, which is a felony.

"Vote. Win a Rifle," the billboards say.

Jay Wallace, owner of Adventure Outdoors in Smyrna, said this is the third presidential election he has run the promotion. No purchase or proof of voting is required in order to receive a raffle ticket, Wallace said, making it perfectly legal.

"What we want to do is we want people to get involved in the election process. It's about learning who the candidates are and learning the issues," he said. "I think this election, now more than ever, is important for people to understand what's at stake. We want to get people talking."

The Georgia Secretary of State's Office said it had spoken to Wallace to clarify his promotion and that he agreed to post a sign in his store saying the raffle is open to anyone over the age of 18 whether or not they vote.

"Everybody loves it," he said. "We've had some folks who don't like guns who have sent nasty emails, but other than that it has been positively accepted."

From what I read, the raffle is actually open to anyone over 18 with no proof of voting required...sounds about the same as the "free pizza and t-shirt" offer from the Dems. (now that they moved their illegal operation away from the polling place)
Gun Raffle Challenged in Vote Campaign

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
Since we were having so much fun I thought i'd keep the thread alive. Here's a few links that show exactly what Colorado state and federal laws the Democrats broke.

The Federal law
http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/42/1973i

(c) False information in registering or voting; penalties
Whoever knowingly or willfully gives false information as to his name, address or period of residence in the voting district for the purpose of establishing his eligibility to register or vote, or conspires with another individual for the purpose of encouraging his false registration to vote or illegal voting, or pays or offers to pay or accepts payment either for registration to vote or for voting shall be fined not more than $10,000 or imprisoned not more than five years, or both: Provided, however, That this provision shall be applicable only to general, special, or primary elections held solely or in part for the purpose of selecting or electing any candidate for the office of President, Vice President, presidential elector, Member of the United States Senate, Member of the United States House of Representatives, Delegate from the District of Columbia, Guam, or the Virgin Islands, or Resident Commissioner of the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico.

PDF file of the complaint with the 2 Colorado state laws broken.
http://www.cologop.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/10-22-12-Letter-to-Scott-Doyle.pdf

C.R.S 1-13-714 and C.R.S. 1-13-720

along with some photos of the violations at this link
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dlb8bmxxhd2ch6d/U03xx1y-vV

There's even a bonus violation for taping over who paid for the political advertisements. How cool is this?
Just in case someone says they were giving away the T-shirts and pizza for voter registration............ voter registration for the Obama/Biden race ended 10-11-12 in Colorado.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
I got the biggest kick out of the legal attending vote judge for early voting at CSU Fort Collins refused to enforce Colorado state election laws because that area of CSU Fort Collins is a designated "free speech zone" which seemingly trumps Colorado State voting laws.

Gotta love it.

Feb 6, 2007
The Employees Pizza at the Sierra Nevada Brewery is also an awesome pizza.

I would imagine that a lot of things at the Sierra Nevada brewery are pretty awesome. Their Kellerweis is the best hefeweizen I've had that's not brewed in Germany, and their pale ale has been one of my favorites since I started drinking craft beers.