No more Subway sub club??

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

daniel1113

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
According to my local Subway, every restaurant will be using the already mentioned credit card system within the next few months. So, no need to worry. The Subway Club card is here to stay.

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
I'm not a huge fan of Subway subs but prices are cheap and they often do deals.

I like Quiznos but they're stingy with the meats and prices are kind of high.

I've been eating lot of Jersey Mike lately. Good portions and reasonable prices. Decent sandwiches too.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Juice Box
you always had to buy a drink...it doesnt matter the drink is hella cheap anyways...and just get like Diet Pepsi or something if you are a carb counter
Not a long time ago you didn't. I eat at Subway quite a bit, I hope they replace it with something better though. They've been getting as expensive as Quiznos lately.

dderidex

Platinum Member
Mar 13, 2001
Originally posted by: RossMAN
Then WHY THE HELL did thye get rid of roasted chicken breast? ANSWER: Nobody goes to subway to eat healthy food, which that chicken breast was (kind of). They go so they can pretend they are and then heap on 15 ounces of mayo, a large sugary drink, and 12 cookies.

That could have been a franchise (vs corporate) decision.

My wife got a chicken breast sub yesterday, so they are still offered in our area.[/quote]

Must be. There were 4 Subways back in Ohio I used to frequent, and there are 3 in Bend, and all still offer the roasted chicken breast. (It's about all I order, actually.)
Originally posted by: FrankyJunior
Subway sucks anyway. Cousins is far better. I feel sorry for those that don't have Counsins in their market and therefore don't realize that subway is crap...

I don't think anyone is arguing that Subway is haute cuisine or anything. But it's good, and it's fast. It IS one of the better 'fast foods' out there. (Quiznos is certainly pretty good, too)

FWIW, our 'local sub shops' pretty much blow Subway away for flavor - both here AND back in Ohio (oh, how I miss Sharpy's), but they are also more expensive.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: dderidex
Subway is... good, and it's fast. It IS one of the better 'fast foods' out there.

ummm... wrong