Nintendo to release "Classic Mini" with 30 games

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
That is pretty cool. I did all my dumping back in college (and then Ebayed the hardware I did to do it) but I have been wanting to get back into it so I can dump and play a patched Seiken Densetsu 3.
That's precisely why I picked this up:
ab0f6fb1e3fdc4a8ed6de4120c3c2d95.jpg

:D

Haven't done the English conversion yet.

Reactions: jman19

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
Ah, I seem to now recall a Rare flash screen at the opening of Battletoads--never thought they were the same Rare (obviously) but never realized they had been around that long.

Didn't know they were responsible for RC Pro-Am.

Rare was probably the most prolific developer on the NES but their stuff was published under many other publishers (Nintendo, Tradewest, Milton Bradley, Acclaim, GameTek, Hi-Tech Expressions, LJN, Mattel, etc)

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
I played the SOM 3 English translation and it isn't that great of a game. Completely a different game than the others. But then, most all the mana games suck compared to the first one. Except maybe the GB one that was rebranded as FF Adventures.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
I played the SOM 3 English translation and it isn't that great of a game. Completely a different game than the others. But then, most all the mana games suck compared to the first one. Except maybe the GB one that was rebranded as FF Adventures.
For me it doesn't have to be the best for it to be worth doing. Heck, I've got some Japanese games that were released in English that I'd rather just patch.

The GB game is getting remade for iOS/Android and PS Vita. Time to try it out?

WhiteNoise

Golden Member
Jun 22, 2016
I just stumbled across this little system last night while reading a PS4 Pro review. For $60 I think this is a great little bargain. I plan to pick this up and enjoy some old games from my past. Some of the included games I literally played my thumbs off back as an early teen, (I was 13 at the time). Hell back then I even had to play these games on a black and white 13" TV in my bedroom. By the time I got my first color TV I was playing the super nintendo.

Jesus...I'm getting old lol

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I just stumbled across this little system last night while reading a PS4 Pro review. For $60 I think this is a great little bargain. I plan to pick this up and enjoy some old games from my past. Some of the included games I literally played my thumbs off back as an early teen, (I was 13 at the time). Hell back then I even had to play these games on a black and white 13" TV in my bedroom. By the time I got my first color TV I was playing the super nintendo.

OMG you have no thumbs??!

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002

Sorry about the thumbs, dude. I hope you can find some way to enjoy the NES Classic Edition. Maybe watch other people play it...

I had a small 12"-13" black-and-white TV as the only TV in my household until 1996.

Yeah, I even had to play SNES games like Super Mario World and Donkey Kong Country in black-and-white. We were pretty dirt poor, but Nintendo gave me some of my best childhood memories :)

jcwagers

Golden Member
Dec 25, 2000
I saw that Amazon will have limited quantities available at 2:00 pst today. I don't know what "limited" means exactly but a person might get lucky and score one. I don't know if I'm going to try for one or not. I've seen how fast some of the deals sell out and I don't think I'd be fast enough to be able to do it. Just thought I'd mention it for those who might want to get one through Amazon. Hopefully Gamestop, Walmart, etc... will have a decent supply at some point so we can all get one. :)

WhiteNoise

Golden Member
Jun 22, 2016
Everyone is sold out in my area. Thanks for the heads up on Amazon. I will give it a go.

WhiteNoise

Golden Member
Jun 22, 2016
LOL I have one click purchasing enabled at Amazon. I refreshed until it went on for sale and immediately clicked 'one click purchase' and I was told it was sold out. Damn!

Last edited:

jcwagers

Golden Member
Dec 25, 2000
Sorry. :( I tried a few times and either couldn't get the page to load or it always told me that my cart was empty. I think they disabled one-click purchase on that item. They are supposed to get more shipments in so we'll just have to keep checking the page to see when they get more in stock. I'm sure that your local places will be doing the same so hopefully between local and amazon you'll be able to get one. Good luck! :)

WhiteNoise

Golden Member
Jun 22, 2016
I figure I'll wait. before I know it there will be tons and even used ones for sale. I have no idea why I care to have it on release day. I think it's just the thrill of the buy.

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
Both gamestop and best buy had a ton here so look at retail stores as it looks like amazon got next to none if that's a issue for you.

It is funny looking at the prices on ebay some people have them going for.

Grabbed one from gamestop and decided to look at the prices after and saw what they were going for so grabbed 2 at best buy on my way home as that was the limit so I have one for xmas for my brother / nephew, one for me and sold the 3rd and that covered all 3. :D

Last edited:

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
ESL classes compel students to practice with forced responses to online forum conversations in English. Case in point...

I just love the emulators, they are col and great way to enjoy the things on the platforms that we like.
Lately I have been playing the old gamecube games again using the emulatots. And those are just awesome.
You can also love them and try playing them on android or ios.

Edit: Either that or this is a guerrilla marketing account being cultivated so that it will appear to be a legitimate user.