Nike Return Policy

SmiZ

Oct 6, 2000
Nike has one of the better return policies in the business and I'm sure that many of you are not aware of it. They will replace any shoe less than three years old that complies to the following:

<< If you feel your product has a materials or workmanship flaw and are unsuccessful in returning it through the original place of purchase, please completely fill out the e-claim form below. Within 48 hours you will receive an e-mail with a return authorization number, instructions, and a address to return the product for inspection and possible replacement of the same or comparable style >>

This means if the insides of your sneakers (boots, whatever) are coming apart at the heel or the rubber at the toe is separating from the shoe, they will replace it with the same or similar style. I have done this three times in the last three years and each time have received a new pair of shoes. If your claim is accepted, all you pay is shipping.

I consider this a hot deal because one can get original value out of their old shoes for only the cost of shipping ~$6.

Link to Return page

*edit, forgot to add a link....:eek:

While this is useful information, there are several here posting how to defraud a good company. This is not permitted.

AnandTech Moderator

CichliSuite

Jan 31, 2001
Getting a deal is one thing, abusing customer service is another.

&quot;Creative&quot; flaws amount to flat out fraud....

KeyzerSoze

Sep 4, 2000
There are some real dumba$$e$ in these forums. We have guys trying to return the Iomega ZipCDs they got from CompUSA for under $100 for over $300 in store credit. And now we have another guy from the same batch of dumba$$e$ saying &quot;creative defective flaws&quot;? Go ahead, and instead of getting a new pair of shoes, I hope you get the boot!

SmiZ

Oct 6, 2000
CichliSuite:

I agree, and if you read the policy, they have the right to refuse any return. The defects I listed are both considered material defects. If nike wants to guarantee the life of their product for three years, that's their choice.

Please don't crap in my thread.

Same goes for you KeyzerSoze

jsmonet

Dec 29, 2000
I wish I could return mine, but I got them in cabazon.. oh well.

the damn back part of the inside of the shoe wore away pretty bad.

hey, good find!

tkdkid

Oct 13, 2000
Prodigy69 is the dumba$$ for suggesting fraud, not you SmiZ.

Calm down...everybody breathe...inhale...exhale..

Good...

ddiccico

Jan 10, 2001
not such a great return policy. anyone will replace shoes if there's a defect. most will even let you return them if you order the wrong size - not nike.

if you've had to return 3 pairs this year because they keep falling apart, why do you keep buying nike shoes?

Hossenfeffer

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2000
This is a great thing to know about. So often, the consumer's ignorance is exploited. You're paying a veritable buttload of cash for a pair of shoes with a nifty logo on it, you deserve some sort of guarantee that you're getting what you paid for.

sygyzy

Lifer
Oct 21, 2000
perfectlysane - I was going to get a pair of the Nike ID's. How did you like them? Cost? Any problems?

sygyzy

Lifer
Oct 21, 2000
perfectlysane - I was going to get a pair of the Nike ID's. How did you like them? Cost? Any problems?

SmiZ

Oct 6, 2000
I don't know why I feel the need to keep defending my post, but I do so here goes.

ddiccico:

Of course Nike is not going to accept a shoe exchange because of wrong size. That should be taken care of with the vendor. (Footlocker, Champs, whatever) I don't know of any other shoe company besided Dr. Marten that will replace three year old shoes free of charge. Most retail footwear shoes stores won't take returns after 90 days at the most. Nike is accepting returns up to 3 years after manufacture. Regardless of Nike quality, how do you consider this a poor policy?

Scamboogery

Nov 11, 2000
Thank you SmiZ. I bought a high end pair of ice hockey skates last year in Montreal and I pulled an eyelet out just yesterday. I live in the southern U.S. so returning them to the store means $$$ in airfare (even though it's a good excuse to go back). Also I returned the receipt with my Canadian Tax Refund. I hope this works.

ddiccico

Jan 10, 2001
The two places I order from online *will* exchange them for any reason - if they don't fit well, if you just decide you don't like them. I checked out their ID site, and they say the only reason you can return is if they're defective. The point is you can't tell how they are going to fit when you order online.

Like you said Smiz, this really isn't worth arguing about.

ThisIsMatt

Banned
Aug 4, 2000
My bro sent some Nike Airs back recently because the air pocket popped after only a short while. They sent some dang ugly ones back...had a fleabay them ;)

Zwingle

Golden Member
Jan 1, 2001
Damn! I was looking for a hot deal on some Nike's and I find this garbage.....quit posting OT in the Hot Deals section moron.
Do you also go back to the barber and tell him &quot;Hey look, my hair grew back, you need to cut it again....for free.&quot; Or &quot;Hey look my engine in my car is broke....I want a new car.....for free&quot; or....nah, never ind you get the idea. Things only last so long....thats life, accept it.....go on......like these damn 200 free cds....will we ever stop seeing members posting new threads on them.....Hey look I found somewhere you can get 200 cdr's for free....hmmmm....I wonder if the guys on Anandtech know anything about this......ok enuff of my rambling...but since the topic was off I figured what the hell...I can make it Moan and Brag thread too.

perfectlysane

Nov 12, 2000
sygyzy - i paid under $100, i bought the nike id presto. The shoe is made with a mesh so it comforms to your feet, a nice shoe

qacwac

Oct 12, 2000
Preciate the post. I have a great pair of Nike running shoes but the air bubble busted in like 6 months. I kept them just incase I found a way to get new ones. This is just what I've been looking for.

SmiZ

Oct 6, 2000
Zwingle:

Thanks for your wonderful contribution to this thread. Your response makes me want to go out and look for good deals and post them to help out your sorry ass..... no, wait a minute it does the exact opposite.

Spend a little more time on this board before you start passing judgement on what should be here and what shouldn't be....let the mods do their job.

oh yeah, one more thing...

FUKK OFF!!!!

trend

Nov 7, 1999
don't do crap like this (cheating nike). they are awsome to do this, and if people start to screw with them with this (like what happened with office depot/max pricematch .. even though that wasn't cheating anyone.. just people save so much)...

bonk102

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
i think nike has a great policy if they do indeed honor this because it makes people keep coming back and buying nike shoes, and the fact that the shoes are assembled by teenagers in other countries amounts to even more profit because nike isn't paying crap to have these made

SmiZ

Oct 6, 2000
Not talking about cheating here...just that if your shoes don't live up to your expectations (especially if you spent $100+ for them) you don't just have to throw them away. Nike has a policy that shows they stand behind their work.

If your car broke while it was still under waranty would you hesitate to get it fixed because you'd feel like you were cheating the car manufacturer? I didn't think so. Every pair of shoes that comes to Nike is inspected as to its validity for replacement. So you can't just knife up all your shoes and send them back.

I don't know why so many people have a problem with this thread. :disgust: