Discussion NFL: Wild Card Weekend

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Ruh-roh.

Donald pulled something in lower ribs/abs area.

if you see the replay, he dragged the full weight of Wilson into his rib cage on that tackle...right their at the solar plexus I think. OUCH. he's falling to the ground, as he smashes Wilson's hip into his ribs. He feels it as SOON as he hits. That's a legit wrasslin move, in the legit spot, and it had GOT to hurt.

Just watch the exact moment of impact and his face. Wilson just rolls off it because it was more of a cushioning effect from his perspective, haha.

yeah, now he's walking in the locker room. Maybe legit broken ribs. This will be massive in this game if they can't rush him at Wilson.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
if you see the replay, he dragged the full weight of Wilson into his rib cage on that tackle...right their at the solar plexus I think. OUCH. he's falling to the ground, as he smashes Wilson's hip into his ribs. He feels it as SOON as he hits. That's a legit wrasslin move, in the legit spot, and it had GOT to hurt.

Just watch the exact moment of impact and his face. Wilson just rolls off it because it was more of a cushioning effect from his perspective, haha.

yeah, now he's walking in the locker room. Maybe legit broken ribs. This will be massive in this game if they can't rush him at Wilson.
Seems like he couldn't draw in breaths. So it seems pretty bad.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
And now the Rams technically no longer have a QB. Well, a modern one. It looks like Goff is limited to hand off's or tosses and maybe a few option tosses for the rest of the game.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Seems like he couldn't draw in breaths. So it seems pretty bad.

yeah, it's bad. As soon as they showed the replay and I watched Russel's hip smash into his ribs, like a fricking fastball about to get turned back at 140 mph on a luisville slugger....you knew physics was being very unkind to Mr Donald at that moment.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
How’s this different from 2019 Goff?

good point. I honestly didn't get to watch them much last season, so I guess that's probably accurate. This isn't like how he played in 2018, though.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
redskins dont have Alex smith as QB today.
they will lose big to Tampa.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
you think the skins will cover the spread (+9.5)?

and im shocked they're only a 9.5 pt underdog since smith is out
The Heinecke man didn't look half-bad against Carolina despite being snatched from a classroom.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Well, the hockey gods must be visiting the football gods.
Doink and in by Dustin Hopkins.

nutxo

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001
I was just telling my wife the 3rd best thing about the Seahawks making the playoffs was I could run errands today and the stores were empty. The second best thing about them losing is I get to sleep tonight without fireworks going off until 3 am.

The very best thing is going to work Monday and clucking sympathetically to the hawks fans ( I'm a transplant and die hard 49er fan) that at least they made it to the playoffs and there is always next year.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
So tampa bay missed 2 extra points and redskins missed 1 so far?

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014
It was a good first day of expanded playoffs. Not used to, but like the trifecta game days.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Hmm, Taylor Heinecke might become something. Always need a Kurt Warner or Romo type QB to make waves in the league every few years.

Reactions: Captante

Spacehead

Lifer
Jun 2, 2002
Hmm, Taylor Heinecke might become something. Always need a Kurt Warner or Romo type QB to make waves in the league every few years.
Yeah, he played pretty well for an unknown(at least to me). The 1 INT was a tipped ball so i usually don't blame the QB on those.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Yeah, he played pretty well for an unknown(at least to me). The 1 INT was a tipped ball so i usually don't blame the QB on those.

At the moment he appears to be a better option than anyone else Washington has to play QB. Too bad they didn't play him more this season really ... can't say anything definitive from one start. (even if it was a playoff game)

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
At the moment he appears to be a better option than anyone else Washington has to play QB. Too bad they didn't play him more this season really ... can't say anything definitive from one start. (even if it was a playoff game)
His health might be the only reason he doesn't stick. Despite a career on the low end of the totem pole, he's gotten hurt at every stop.

He actually injured himself on that TD dive as well, and every play after had him playing with a torn AC joint on his non-throwing side.

• Wow

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
He actually injured himself on that TD dive as well, and every play after had him playing with a torn AC joint on his non-throwing side.

Yikes! :oops:

I pulled my Achilles tendon quite badly a few years ago and I could barely walk for several weeks nevermind play pro football!

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014
Yikes! :oops:

I pulled my Achilles tendon quite badly a few years ago and I could barely walk for several weeks nevermind play pro football!

It is amazing what an ibuprofen shot directly to the affected area can do. After the game he will feel it, but after that shot he will be fine with a brace to keep the knee stable. The human body is quite resilient.