NFL thread 2021-2022

Page 21 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I'm simply looking at the situation as a good idea vs bad idea, would you be on here ranting about the "horrible" play calling if it worked?, NOPE. You've got sour grapes the size of basketballs stuck in you're mouth, spit 'em out before you look like a pro-grade winier.

Bills fan I take it? :p (whining pathetically WOULD be par for THAT course!)

I like the Bills but I'm a Giants fan so while I was disappointed in Buffalo losing I'm afraid you won't be getting any sympathy from me considering the utter garbage that is Big Blue this year! (and AGAIN my call turned out to be the right one no matter what you say in return to try to insult me... pretty weak stuff.)

Maybe the Bills will be able to WIN the big game this year FOR ONCE !?! :D ;)

Last edited:

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Couldn't be further from the truth. Butch is a Pats fan. You're being salty because everyone has called you out for being wrong.

Wow ... I would have understood a Bills fan getting defensive about his team blowing the game. (might even have empathized) Now its just douche-baggery.

;)

So... losing the game = winning now or something like that? :p

Should we give Allen/Buffalo a "participation trophy" for trying REALLY hard?

In that particular moment in that particular matchup I would have made the CORRECT call but I'm "wrong" somehow ??

You guys are special! :D

Sorta makes sense now why this NFL thread is pretty much dead when the best "defense" of an argument you can scare up is to rationalize a blown play by making excuses. (just like the Daniel Jones apologists... face it ... he sucks!)

I'll pass on any further comment re this play. Doesn't rate it. The ONLY way to prove me wrong is ON THE FIELD. Anything else is just noise.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Gettleman drafting Saquon at #2 was a terrible choice. He's a player you draft in today's league if you think you are close to making it to the big game, we needed to draft a QB of the future to groom under Eli that year, or if not trade down or get a top O-Lineman. I mean you couldn't predict Saquon's injuries, but even when he plays he just dances too much half the time. It was a big whiff at the #2 draft position.

Absolutely correct... and while I do agree that it was impossible to predict Saquon's specific injuries like that ankle, its easy to predict a running back getting banged up on a team with a crappy/weak O-line.

IMO the MOMENT Barkley is healthy the Giants need to trade him before he's worth literally nothing but a huge cap-hit NY can't afford.

I've said it before and I'll say it again now Gettleman has been a disaster top to bottom... time for the Giants to CLEAN HOUSE.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Absolutely correct... and while I do agree that it was impossible to predict Saquon's specific injuries like that ankle, its easy to predict a running back getting banged up on a team with a crappy/weak O-line.

IMO the MOMENT Barkley is healthy the Giants need to trade him before he's worth literally nothing but a huge cap-hit NY can't afford.

I've said it before and I'll say it again now Gettleman has been a disaster top to bottom... time for the Giants to CLEAN HOUSE.
I prefer that house to remain dirty. :smilingimp:

The players after Saquon at least good, including a couple QBs. #rubinthesalt

• Haha
Reactions: Captante

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I prefer that house to remain dirty. :smilingimp:

The players after Saquon at least good, including a couple QBs. #rubinthesalt

And who could blame you...? :D o_O

I doubt the Giants would ever trade Barkley in the division but you never know with the rocket-scientist's currently running things... maybe he'll end up on WFT!

*(that way he can bork YOUR teams payroll while sitting on the sidelines injured for the next few seasons!)

;)

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
And who could blame you...? :D o_O

I doubt the Giants would ever trade Barkley in the division but you never know with the rocket-scientist's currently running things... maybe he'll end up on WFT!

*(that way he can bork YOUR teams payroll while sitting on the sidelines injured for the next few seasons!)

;)
You have a better chance of dumping him in Philly and even they have Miles Sanders. Gibson is a raw prodigy at the position and Mckissic can handle the third down role just fine....

All at a fraction of the cost.
;);)

The only RB that was worth the premium pick was All Day.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Well, I hope this is a humorous thought.

Jamel Dean always makes think of either the sausage brand Jimmy Dean or the actor James Dean.

Like he's Jimmy brother from another mother. :D

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Gettleman drafting Saquon at #2 was a terrible choice. He's a player you draft in today's league if you think you are close to making it to the big game, we needed to draft a QB of the future to groom under Eli that year, or if not trade down or get a top O-Lineman. I mean you couldn't predict Saquon's injuries, but even when he plays he just dances too much half the time. It was a big whiff at the #2 draft position.
The sad thing is that it's been known for a while that you just don't use a high draft pick on a stud RB anymore, because you can still get a good tailback a couple rounds later. Even if Saquon Barkley had actually lived up to the hype, it wouldn't have been worth a #2 overall. IIRC Bill Belichick selected a RB in the first round (near the bottom) just once ever, and that's indicative of what most GMs think about drafting the position these days. RB average careers are too short, and you'll rarely end up with a LaDanian Tomlinson or Adrian Peterson.

For BB, it was Sony Michel in 2018 and he lasted just 3 seasons in NE.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
The sad thing is that it's been known for a while that you just don't use a high draft pick on a stud RB anymore, because you can still get a good tailback a couple rounds later. Even if Saquon Barkley had actually lived up to the hype, it wouldn't have been worth a #2 overall. IIRC Bill Belichick selected a RB in the first round (near the bottom) just once ever, and that's indicative of what most GMs think about drafting the position these days. RB average careers are too short, and you'll rarely end up with a LaDanian Tomlinson or Adrian Peterson.

For BB, it was Sony Michel in 2018 and he lasted just 3 seasons in NE.
And the Giants literally could have had Nick Chubb instead, being one pick ahead of Cleveland in the 2nd round. And Chubb is an utter freak.

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
Wow ... I would have understood a Bills fan getting defensive about his team blowing the game. (might even have empathized) Now its just douche-baggery.

;)

So... losing the game = winning now or something like that? :p

Should we give Allen/Buffalo a "participation trophy" for trying REALLY hard?

In that particular moment in that particular matchup I would have made the CORRECT call but I'm "wrong" somehow ??

You guys are special! :D

Sorta makes sense now why this NFL thread is pretty much dead when the best "defense" of an argument you can scare up is to rationalize a blown play by making excuses. (just like the Daniel Jones apologists... face it ... he sucks!)

I'll pass on any further comment re this play. Doesn't rate it. The ONLY way to prove me wrong is ON THE FIELD. Anything else is just noise.

:rolleyes:
Wow, you're not just salty, you're really salty.

• Haha
Reactions: BUTCH1 and Captante

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
In this thread, I've learned Captante thinks Aaron Rodgers is "very over-rated," that it's OK his franchise's greatest player is a statutory rapist because they won the 1987 Super Bowl, and that his hindsight is 20/20. :p

Took you long enough.... get with the program! :p

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
No way WFT can keep it together long enough to actually BEAT Green Bay but so far this is an interesting game.

Have an eye on Panthers/Giants as well.... if NY doesn't win today I don't give them much chance to even compete until 11/28 vs Philly or 12/5 vs the Dolphins.

Ugh... :rolleyes:

So you're Captantecula: Wrong and Loving It. :p OBVIOUSLY RIGHT BUT TIRED OF POINTLESS DEBATE...

Fixed. ;)

Last edited:

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Wow, you're not just salty, you're really salty.
Being salty just looks dumb when your questioning the ability of a guy like Allen to get 6 inches on a sneak, Brady, who's nowhere near as physical as Allen, has used the QB sneak for ages and he's better than 95% on it and usually for longer distances. Allen's foot failed to plant or he uses those strong leg muscles and gets the 1st.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Being salty just looks dumb when your questioning the ability of a guy like Allen to get 6 inches on a sneak, Brady, who's nowhere near as physical as Allen, has used the QB sneak for ages and he's better than 95% on it and usually for longer distances. Allen's foot failed to plant or he uses those strong leg muscles and gets the 1st.

You clearly care a whole lot more about this "issue" then I do! Get it out of your system and lets move on to todays stomach-churning drama!

;)

Wow, Titans are now up 27-3 on the Chief's and it's early 4rd Qtr.

That's the spirit! :D

Momentum after last week! ;)

(Also wth is wrong with the Chiefs?)

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
You clearly care a whole lot more about this "issue" then I do! Get it out of your system and lets move on to todays stomach-churning drama!

;)

That's the spirit! :D

Momentum after last week! ;)

(Also wth is wrong with the Chiefs?)
The D has always been a ? and the Titans offense are really finding their stride right now, they are only now starting to utilize Jones and this team might get scary, specially playing at home.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
The D has always been a ? and the Titans offense are really finding their stride right now, they are only now starting to utilize Jones and this team might get scary, specially playing at home.

Since winning the SB Mahome's and company seem to me to be "coasting" or something like that. Even in their championship year it seemed as if they felt like they could "turn it on" at will which is very dangerous in the NFL no matter who you are. (all the injuries certainly have not helped)

I would give the Titans an outside chance of winning the AFC right now. Despite the end of the game last week I still think the Bills and the Ravens are the teams to beat though. I don't fully trust the Bengals.

Last edited:

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
So what happened with Green Bay? They sucked during preseason but seem alright now.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
So what happened with Green Bay? They sucked during preseason but seem alright now.

Pre-season doesn't mean much far as win/loss goes?

(also WFT and the NFC East with the possible exception of the Cowboys is not good.)

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
They got smoked early in the season and Rodgers was very outspoken about the apparent lack of effort and ever since have been playing very well.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Since winning the SB Mahome's and company seem to me to be "coasting" or something like that. Even in their championship year it seemed as if they felt like they could "turn it on" at will which is very dangerous in the NFL no matter who you are. (all the injuries certainly have not helped)

I would give the Titans an outside chance of winning the AFC right now. Despite the end of the game last week I still think the Bills and the Ravens are the teams to beat though. I don't fully trust the Bengals.
Can't see them winning with that crappy of a D, teams will just run the ball a lot and keep it away from the offense.