NFL thread 2021-2022

Page 18 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003

Don't give him any ideas!

And anyone who doesn't think its time to clean freaking house for the NY Giants is confused about the game of football and what it takes to win. These bums DO NOT have it from top to bottom.

How embarrassing. :cry:

5117624.jpg

If a strong arm and some ability to run were all it takes to make it as a starting/winning NFL QB Jeff George and Rich Gannon would both be in in HOF. (and both of them were 10x better then Jones!)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Torn Mind

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Mac Jones tosses a pick six. Next drive, throws a bomb for TD and converts a 2-pt conversion.

Never would have called this for the best game of the day so far!
(With Wilson out I predict the Seahawks fold like a cheap suit in Pitt)

Win or lose today Mac Jones is for real.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Woohoo! Cowboys beat Patriots in OT!!!!

5 wins in a row.

First time beat Patriots at home in 24 years!

spacejamz

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
Why can't players just run full speed in the endzone when they have beaten the defense and score instead of starting to show boat at the 5 yard line (Lamb did it today with the winning TD in OT and Elliot did last week on one of his TD's).....the cowboys of all teams should know what can happen with premature celebrations.....

Reactions: Captante

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
The following is to be read in a nature documentary accent.
We observe an Aaron Rodgers in the wild shouting loudly and mockingly towards another homo sapiens after dashing at a fast pace into the corner of a square. Such behavior is not noted with Aaron Rodgers observed in captivity or feral like on the Pat McAfee show.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Geno Smith is a boy amongst men.

From the coin caller to QB, it has been a rough transition for him.

Anyone who ever watched Geno Smith with the NY Jets already knew he was freaking terrible and the Seahawks had made a huge mistake. (Now everyone knows)

He's a decent human being and all his team-mates love him I know, but Geno is the kind of NFL backup that comes in for one, MAYBE two starts and possibly gets you a win. He is just not NFL-starting QB material.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Wow, one hell of a ball game!!!!!

It was till the Bills handed it to the Titans.... still a win is a win.

I would have tied the game myself and taken my chances ... or AT THE VERY LEAST changed the play significantly after the Titans D scoped out the "big" play then called a time-out to adjust.

Some seriously lame bordering on incompetent coaching IMO... Vrabel literally stood there stunned by the turn of events for a few seconds before waving the D off the field.

Its nonsense like this game that still raise my doubts about the Bills ... not so much the players as some/all of the coaching staff.

Last edited:

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
It was till the Bills handed it to the Titans.... still a win is a win.

I would have tied the game myself and taken my chances ... or AT THE VERY LEAST changed the play significantly after the Titans D scoped out the "big" play then called a time-out to adjust.

Some seriously lame bordering on incompetent coaching IMO... Vrabel literally stood there stunned by the turn of events for a few seconds before waving the D off the field.

Its nonsense like this game that still raise my doubts about the Bills ... not so much the players as some/all of the coaching staff.
All he needed was about "6 so that factored into the idea, at least the Bill's coach realized his D was gassed and we all know how Henry just gets harder to handle as the game goes into the 4th.

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
All he needed was about "6 so that factored into the idea, at least the Bill's coach realized his D was gassed and we all know how Henry just gets harder to handle as the game goes into the 4th.
You don't necessarily want to go into overtime and risk injuries. I understand the call and thought it was fine. I like to see ball's handed to running backs in those situations because it something the players have greater familiarity and practice with than QB sneaks.

Reactions: Captante

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003

All he needed was about "6

All boiling down to a big red "L" for the Bills which could easily be the thing that costs them home-field in the AFC playoffs. Again.

I understand his rationale for doing what he did since all TN would need was a field goal to win and if the Bills make it, it looks like a genius-move.

Would Parcels have made it? Would Ditka? Bill Walsh? Jimmy Johnson? IDK for sure but I doubt it .... certainly no way any of them would have left the same dang play on after that time-out!

I'm taking nothing away from the Titans for the win either... to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat you have to be right there to do the "snatching" lol.

Last edited:

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
You don't necessarily want to go into overtime and risk injuries. I understand the call and thought it was fine. I like to see ball's handed to running backs in those situations because it something the players have greater familiarity and practice with than QB sneaks.
It was the correct call; Josh Allen was 13/14 lifetime on 4th-and-1 QB sneaks and the one prior failure was a bad snap. I'm not sure what the computer says about victory probability but I liked the decision. They had a high probability of getting the yard, and then scoring a TD in two plays. What happened was bad execution, Allen slipped and the DT blew up the play. If you choose overtime in the NFL, you're mostly taking a coin flip (both literally and figuratively w.r.t. win probability).

Although the better team should generally favor overtime, the Bills couldn't stop the Titans in the second half and they were on the road. The ESPN dudes whining about not kicking the tying FG are just "Tuesday" morning quarterbacking. I'm pretty sure during the game, Louis Riddick said he liked the call. Then in the postgame studio show, he preferred a FG. :rolleyes: Ryan Clark said take the FG when earlier in the day, he's blasting Mike McCarthy for [conservative] decision-making. These guys are 20/20 hindsight champions. If Allen converts and they score the TD, they would have applauded McDermott for the gutsy decision.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
All boiling down to a big red "L" for the Bills which could easily be the thing that costs them home-field in the AFC playoffs. Again.

I understand his rationale for doing what he did since all TN would need was a field goal to win and if the Bills make it, it looks like a genius-move.

Would Parcels have made it? Would Ditka? Bill Walsh? Jimmy Johnson? IDK for sure but I doubt it .... certainly no way any of them would have left the same dang play on after that time-out!

I'm taking nothing away from the Titans for the win either... to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat you have to be right there to do the "snatching" lol.
As mentioned by others Allen appeared to slip as he drove forward, he's a big physical QB so he's done that play many times and probably for more than "6. The Bills will be fine, still a front-runner in the AFC.