NewYork Clerk Attacked For Refusing To Sell Beer For Food Stamps

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
Again: Come up with a reason why this is widespread, or stop whining when it's pointed out.

No one is whining but you, fact is your example is anecdotal and based off of a rather tired racist urban myth in the first place.

It is human nature to see your focus of goals in life around you. At the same time you can also be lazy minded and focus on what you want to see to uphold a personal bias.

Old saying: A criminal mind sees criminality (or potential for it) everywhere.

Last edited:

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
Why, other than bigotry, did you bold the description of the attacker?

Well I see no bigotry in giving the attackers race . I for one thought it was needed . Because of this statement.
causing him to shout a racial slur before storming out of the store.

Its nice to know which racist bigoted group were talking about . In this case it was a black racist resorting to illegally tring to buy a bear with food stamps. The fact that people are oversensative to blacks involved in crime seems to be a personnal problem many people share . Likely fear and ignorance more than anything.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
Better that they buy Colt .45 beer instead of Colt .45 handguns!:rolleyes:

Who is they? Are you saying that its better to have a drunk yeilding a knife vs. a colt 45. Ask the store clerk about that. See what he says . Than in a another manner . Ask the American indians if they could have been defeated had they been up against knives and bows and arrows. Guns can't kill on there own yet. They still need a retard to pull trigger.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
No one is whining but you, fact is your example is anecdotal and based off of a rather tired racist urban myth in the first place.

It is human nature to see your focus of goals in life around you. At the same time you can also be lazy minded and focus on what you want to see to uphold a personal bias.

You do relies one would be lead to believe you recieve these debt cards for food resources . This isn't an urbin legend its a fact of life and it has Zero bearing on race. I lived same place whole life and am surrounded food stamp and welfare types. maybe 5% use gooberment asst . as it should be used. You are defending that abuse which in itself says alot about you or your family life.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
We know from neuroscience that conservatives believe in meritocracy. They are going to stoke their sense of outrage that somebody wants something for nothing conservatives will have to pay for till the end of time. They have this terrible emotional itch they need to scratch with stories like this. They are addicted to a constant fear of losing something and this constant state of rage something is being taken from them. This is what a state of fear does to the mind. It's looks not only psychotic and disgusting to folk not similarly affected, but, by the mercy of God, it's invisible to those so infected.

JKing106

Platinum Member
Mar 19, 2009
Bah, in most cities you can sell them for cash at 60 to 80 cents on the dollar within a couple blocks of picking them up. It was amazing to watch in the Tenderloin in SF, it was an assembly line, pick up your foodies, walk outside sell foodies, walk to crack/heroin dealer, stop on corner and shoot/smoke dope.

Or go back to the trailer park to buy meth and Budweiser to get high with their sister/wives.

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
who cares if he buys beer? how is it any different then the people who buy new york strip steaks or cart fulls of junk food with food stamps? either way, i have a hand basket with a very select variety of bland food because i actually pay for it with money that i earned through my own suffering... sigh...

JKing106

Platinum Member
Mar 19, 2009
I've never added anyone to my ignore list, but nehalem and incorruptible both win the gold today with the circlejerk of racism and bigoted posts.

obvious troll is obvious

And nothing will be done about it. Ever.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999

I think anyone reading at this point should really stop and think about this topic and use you as an example:

Numerous people witness rediculous abuse: First hand. It's not explainable by the excuses trotted out by those in power. Someone, you, who works in the system, actually has the stones to say there's 1% abuse. You actually believe abuse is extremely low.

People: This is why those of us who could afford to give more money to Fed/State, and would, won't. The systems are so hopelessly administered, run, and staffed by people who I just quoted to make throwing more money at Gov like feeding a crack whore money to get her to stop her habit.

Insanity.

Chuck